N-Europe

Inside Your Head

Ashley

(Not the awesome song by Eberg that you should check out).

The JD syndrome. Being constantly in your own head. Thinking, overthinking really, everything. Having a running commentary or maybe even theme music that means you are constantly you're own narrator.

Do you do it?

I tend to always be thinking about something or everything. My mind can be in a completly different place from my body. Someone commented on it once when I was giving a presentation; that I seemed to be thinking about something else (another presentation I was giving later). Plus at night I go to bed and lye there and think about stuff that happened that day, tomorrow, general stuff and all that. Im my own worse enemy because of it.

So anyone else stuck in your own head?

Absolutley, i daydream alot while doing other things and because of it i fidn ive done something wrong. Over thinking things? not so much...i do have JD style flashes sometimes where something would just pop into my head and alot would happen in like a split second. I tend to want to make everything more dramatic and play things over in my head and how they should go etc

Plus at night I go to bed and lye there and think about stuff that happened that day, tomorrow, general stuff and all that. Im my own worse enemy because of it.

I do that, I don't even realise I'm doing it and then suddenly I notice the time.

I don't think there's a moment when I can just relax my mind, I;m always thinking about something I've done, something I'm going to do or some random worry.

I go off into my own world quite alot, it annoys some of my mates because they can be talking to be and I just sort of drift off.

I think that I think too much. I over analyse things, thinking of every single consequence that may happen. It's very annoying. Because of this, i'm very indecisive. But I find that it is good to reflect back on the day, and to look forward to what will come tomorrow.

Sometimes I wish I could just switch off my brain. Thinking about (my) life can sometimes really get me down. Thinking is also my main cause of not being able to sleep. Especially if you're thinking "I can't sleep", you can be sure you won't get any shut eye at all that night.

Shame you rarely do it eh?

Did Hobbz get banned?

I only say so, as theres no come back after that...so I assume he must be. :heh:

Yes, I think like that a lot. Pretty much what I post on here = what I think in my head, but it goes via make-sense-maker and sometimes dictionary.com.

I think far too much, I often worry that I've said stuff out loud that was meant to stay in my head. I also drift into daydreams and think of all these scenarios, generally of things I'd like to happen, then my mind plays on them as if they're reality. Then I snap out of it, and my bubble is burst. If I think too much at night it often means a late night for me, once I'm thinking I just can't sleep.

I always daydream, I find myself just staring into space until something wakes me from my torpor. Normally it is two topics: Life, and sex. (I'm a lad, remember.) If I'm not thinking about attractive women wearing nothing but an Aston Villa shirt or a latex catsuit, I'm either thinking about music or this new book that's been forming in my mind for the last two weeks...

Oh, fuck. I said too much. You're not supposed to know about that book...:o

I have a whole world inside my head. I have created empires, civil wars, heroes, cultures and even aliens living their own lives in my head. I think I daydream way too much for my own good. I even fight with myself sometimes. If I am mad at someone, I create a fictitious fight between us where I have all the good arguments. I like daydreaming. There are no limits whatsoever.

so, eh, anyone had those moments where your internal monologue slips out?

the other day I was peeved about...fuck, something, and i was muttering to myself on what looked like an empty street. Not so. As far as the gentleman having a fag by that hedge is concerned I'm a paranoid skitzo who talkes to himself. superb

I think constantly but have never been one for daydreams. It means I'm annoyingly indecisive as I tend to stroll down every mental pathway rather than taking the one in front of me.

I don't narrate my life, more analyse and hypothesise about those of others. Why did that person look at me? What would they think if I did this? What do they want me to do? It's indirect self-obsession, I suppose.

I imagine I turn my thoughts to others to avoid looking at myself; I've yet to see any good come from introspection. Likewise books, games and films are a welcome diversion as a vicarious life is much easier lived.

I over-think and over-analyse but I can't help it, and given the chance to be different I don't think I could take it. It is a problem, certainly. But it is mine.

Aye. Brain Training isn't helping either.

While I'm serving old lazy bitches who can pack but get me to do it. Whilst I'm insulting them under my breath I have that Coleman's Squeezy Mustard ad in my head, basically the chant of "Squeezu squeezy" and that chaps dance as he's crowd surfing.

Also Buzzed Bunny, referenced by the quote in my signature. As of yet I haven't been caught out saying stuff like "So what you cock sucking faggot, I'm Extreme!"

ooh ooh! me! me!!

although, when i'm busy busy i daydream...

i work at a coffee shop right now and its soooo busy all the time ~ never a spare second to do anything other than serve these idiots mocha-frappe-whackachinos... and the machine is so routine now that i can just escape inside my head when its really busy - the lights are on and i'm pretending to give a toss about people who want hot chocolate made with skimmed milk (GAH!) but really... i'm away with the fairies thinking about something else entirely ^__^

now when i'm doing nothing - say, on a train or just alone somewhere quiet... my brain needs music or a book... i dont daydream when i have the opportunity... :S