N-Europe

The University Thread 2007

Charlie

I'm sure quite a few of us will be starting Uni/College for the first time after the Summer. So we can talk about everything Uni in here. Got any worries? Not too sure what it's going to be like? Scared at having to make new friends and meet loads of people?

I'm going to Strathclyde to study Marketing and Business Law (+ 2 other subjects which I choose when I go there). Freshers week is 22nd September I think. I'm definitely going to be staying in town, no chance I'm travelling in and out every day. Going to private Halls because I live too close to Glasgow to get into the Uni halls.

http://www.unite-students.com

Glasgow / Blackfriars.

Good internet connection which supports Xbox live, which the uni halls don't.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good internet connection which supports Xbox live, which the uni halls don't.

You lucky chap. I hardly got any gaming in last year.

By the way, if anyone is renting a house from Bannits and you need repairs, phone them every day. And talk to Sharon.

I'm looking forward to this year. Although apparently the work is a right bastard. Oh well. You only live once. Sharking freshers FTW! (lolz, not really)

Got any worries?

If I get the grades to get in for a start. I think I might have fucked up Maths.

But if I do get in, I'm doing Civil Engineering at Liverpool Uni. Freshers week starts on the 22nd I think. Staying in halls, and catering as well. The whole shi-bang.

I'm at the university of Paisley studying Law and Politics, got my first year results through and I did pretty well considering I didn't do much at all and with those results I have just after gone through clearence for both Strathclyde & Glasgow university.

I really want to do Politics and drop law so I have applied for politics, sociology and social work at Strathclyde uni and will accept anyone of those courses.

Sadly politics at Glasgow doesn't go into clearing so I applied for Religious & Philosophical studies woth secondary teaching.

woo. Hope for the best.

If that falls through then I suppose I'll just proceed to 2nd year at paisley boo :P

I'm at the university of Paisley studying Law and Politics, got my first year results through and I did pretty well considering I didn't do much at all and with those results I have just after gone through clearence for both Strathclyde & Glasgow university.

I really want to do Politics and drop law so I have applied for politics, sociology and social work at Strathclyde uni and will accept anyone of those courses.

Sadly politics at Glasgow doesn't go into clearing so I applied for Religious & Philosophical studies woth secondary teaching.

woo. Hope for the best.

If that falls through then I suppose I'll just proceed to 2nd year at paisley boo :P

I was gonna go to Paisley but traveling is to much of a hassle.

Well, I just firmly accepted a place at Robert Gordon's in aberdeen with an insurance of Stirling. I'm doing Computing science.

Duuuuuddeee.I'm going to Stirling to do Computing Science,should of went there :heh:

Duuuuuddeee.I'm going to Stirling to do Computing Science,should of went there :heh:

Are you going to be living in Stirling?

I was in Stirling on Saturday night, a fair few noombers out and about. Number 2 Baker Street (a pub) is awesome, I've had some (2) very funny nights in there. It's a bit of an old man's pub which makes it even better. One time we met a drug dealer called Paddy and some guy had a push-up competition with him on the floor of the pub.

Are you going to be living in Stirling?

I was in Stirling on Saturday night, a fair few noombers out and about. Number 2 Baker Street (a pub) is awesome, I've had some (2) very funny nights in there. It's a bit of an old man's pub which makes it even better. One time we met a drug dealer called Paddy and some guy had a push-up competition with him on the floor of the pub.

Not gonna be staying there.The experience they're would be good, but it's so much cheaper just getting the bus in :heh:

On the 24th of September my life as a student of the Leuven University starts. I'll be studying what is called Japanology here. Yup, that's what it's called, and it's pretty obvious what it's about. I'll be living in Leuven on my own during weekdays as well. Pretty exciting stuff. Holy shit I'm nervous.

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I second that, what with all the regeneration thats going on in hull, it will be great.

@Dan Dare may I ask what your studying.

Oh and its my second year at Hull doing my degree.