Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 5

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a major character in the resident evil story.

star of resident evil 1, 3 and i think code veronica. a love interest for chris and a stars member.

Resi 1, 3, and RE:UC.

Code Veronica was Claire, Chris and Steve, and was f'ing awesome!!

I only played Resi 4.
Then I guess you'll be missing out on a lot of the story in Resi 5!

I can't say I particularly care about RE5's story, but if possible I'd like to avoid spoiling the various scenarios. Playing Resident Evil 4 for the first time was amazing as you literally had no idea what was going to happen next; being chased by a giant mechanical midget wouldn't have been nearly as good if I'd known about it before hand.

I played RE4 without knowing who Aida, Krauser or Wesker* were. It doesn't really add much to, or take away from the story at all, and it's pretty easy to figure out who's good, who's bad and where alliances lie. It doesn't really affect the story for you at all, except that perhaps you get to shout "awesomezz! x is back".

* I didn't have a PS1 or enough money for poor N64 ports, I have since gone back and played RE1 and 2, so don't shout at me!

I played RE4 without knowing who Aida, Krauser or Wesker* were. It doesn't really add much to, or take away from the story at all, and it's pretty easy to figure out who's good, who's bad and where alliances lie. It doesn't really affect the story for you at all, except that perhaps you get to shout "awesomezz! x is back".

* I didn't have a PS1 or enough money for poor N64 ports, I have since gone back and played RE1 and 2, so don't shout at me!

N64 version of RE2 was the best one.

A Nintendo 64 version was also released in 1999, ported by Angel Studios (currently Rockstar San Diego). While it was the only port of the game that did not feature the Extreme Battle mode, it did contain some console-exclusive features. The most prominent was a series of additional in-game documents known as the "EX Files" that connected the plot of the game with the other games in the series (including the then-unreleased Resident Evil Zero). Other features include an item randomizer, violence control, first-person controls and new unlockable outfits replacing the ones from the previous versions. A Hunter from the first Resident Evil is also given a cameo appearance. The game supported the Rumble Pak and Expansion Pak. The N64 version is notable due to the compression techniques that the developers were forced to use in order to fit two CD-ROMs worth of data onto a single 64MB cartridge. It also featured, for the time, a high resolution display of 640x480 compared to the PS1 version's 320x240. The game changes the resolution at each camera cut based on the number of enemies in the room. Many enemies take more processing power, so the game chooses lower resolutions. When all the enemies are defeated, it runs again at 640x480. The N64 version also features surround sound, not found on the PS1 version, using the Mosys system from Factor 5.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!