Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Loving the new competition, got around 17 seconds on it at the moment. :)

I tried the Grumble Volcano thing earlier, managed to get on the rock (after a few attempts) but couldn't get the laps to register. Still, it's a really cheap shortcut. Hope it doesn't work online. :shakehead

OMG The chat on mario kart absolutely blows!

EDIT: My stress levels have just risen :blank:

EDIT2: Didnt realise it would really be just a race between the two of us coolness (where i got owned :( ). Ah well

EDIT3: F**K! My laptop fell on the floor breaking my nintendo usb wifi connector! CRAP its all bent out of shape! Not a good day!

EDIT4: I think i managed to fix it! Whew!

Woah! That's an eventful few minutes! :o

Good games Deathjam I enjoyed them :)

Though I accidently set my Bike to manual mode which I had never done before! I didn't like it that much I felt as if i had less control and drifting didn't really work.

I'm glad your USB seems to still be working! another good game on Delfino Square (continental) But I got bashed to 7th or 8th....

Time for dinner! :D

Speechless...First for two laps then straight to 5th in the last lap...

Woah! That's an eventful few minutes! :o

Good games Deathjam I enjoyed them :)

Though I accidently set my Bike to manual mode which I had never done before! I didn't like it that much I felt as if i had less control and drifting didn't really work.

I'm glad your USB seems to still be working! another good game on Delfino Square (continental) But I got bashed to 7th or 8th....

Time for dinner! :D

Yeah i enjoyed them too! Though i really did get owned :( Apart from delfino which i love.

Speechless...First for two laps then straight to 5th in the last lap...

Yeah i enjoyed them too! Though i really did get owned :( Apart from delfino which i love.

I love Delfino square! :D

I'm not very good at the one on the Wii! I'm good at the DS version of it though! (maybe because of snaking on the first straight :P)

I love Delfino square! :D

I'm not very good at the one on the Wii! I'm good at the DS version of it though! (maybe because of snaking on the first straight :P)

I seem to prefer most of the 'classic/retro' tracks. Don't know why but the wii ones just seem to have too many random things going on and are item abuse prone.

Nice time and I was impressed by your TT efforts earlier too...but I just did a 17.427 and can't see myself beating it too soon!

Thanks, any chance of you adding me or are you full up?

I just set a 18.269 or something like that.

It reminded me of Trash it!*

*Anybody who has not played this game has never lived.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

Best game ever, seriously. Fuck me I loved that game.

Is it available on PC somewhere? Like a freeware version or something?

Not sure if anyone knows or if its been mentioned but... I played a bit of MK earlier this week to try out the competition, and since I didn't do the previous one (driving through the gates) I was able to do it, and then get the newest competition. I tried it once and it took me 3 mins. :blush:

Not sure if anyone knows or if its been mentioned but... I played a bit of MK earlier this week to try out the competition, and since I didn't do the previous one (driving through the gates) I was able to do it, and then get the newest competition. I tried it once and it took me 3 mins. :blush:

Never mind, the first time is always a bit experimental!

Try letting them come at you rather than chasing them down, move out of the way and then knock them off. You only ever need to get one lot of mushrooms for all 4 Topmen!

Well pissed off!

I was unable to do the recent "galaxy alike" competition coz it just said "competition has ended" WTF?! I have yet to do ANY competitions but it wont let me accept any. So how do I get them? I looked everywhere?! It's a bit stupid. Typical online Nintendo setup really. Fook. Sake.

Well pissed off!

I was unable to do the recent "galaxy alike" competition coz it just said "competition has ended" WTF?! I have yet to do ANY competitions but it wont let me accept any. So how do I get them? I looked everywhere?! It's a bit stupid. Typical online Nintendo setup really. Fook. Sake.

You may have to look in your wifi acceptance t&c's or perhaps any correspondence from Nintendo about what they can send to you and receive from you. Many people don't like the idea of them collecting marketing data but it may be the only way to get certain online features.

Well pissed off!

Try updating the data. It's the bottom most option in the channel screen.

I only played Mario Kart Wii for 12 minutes today. Those 12 minutes were some of the most frustrating in my life so far. I could feel myself getting tense. :heh:

So I attempted 150cc today and Wow does the computer Cheat! I'm trying to get star ranking or above on this now and I managed it for the first cup but gave up half way through on the 2nd cup as the amount of items that bombarded me got ridiculous. :)

Still love the game though and I'll be back on it tomorrow! Just took a little break from it today. : peace:

Also the online got to me on Friday as I went from 6100 to 5800 now I think. I think I've stayed the same and everyone else has gotten much better.

The good mews is that I unlocked the Mii and I love the way I go

GOGOGOGOGO!!!!

First time I heard him to this it had me laughing for awhile and I was unable to concentrate on the race. :)

My mii has access to the heavy vehicles, which I am just not used to using as they cannot turn corners sharp enough. WAAAAAY too used to using the light characters but tis such a shame as i get bumped around the course as if I was a tiny insect. And then the poor top speed can hurt time trials but I find the high acceleration highly useful for grand prix and online play as you get bombarded with so many weapons that you start and stop alot and so hitting top speed becomes less important than just making sure that you are dead still for so long that the opposition catches up.

My mii has access to the heavy vehicles, which I am just not used to using as they cannot turn corners sharp enough. WAAAAAY too used to using the light characters but tis such a shame as i get bumped around the course as if I was a tiny insect. And then the poor top speed can hurt time trials but I find the high acceleration highly useful for grand prix and online play as you get bombarded with so many weapons that you start and stop alot and so hitting top speed becomes less important than just making sure that you are dead still for so long that the opposition catches up.

WOAH! :D

It's the complete opposite for me! I'm to used to the heavy characters and find myself unable to use the likes of Toad as he gets bashed around to much! :heh:

The Mii is a heavy character I think as mine has access to the heavy stuff as well with him I used the Twinkle Star Bike which I find is very good for me as It's got lovely smooth drifting and I was very suprised at how well it drifted around corners. I also find myself too used to bikes now and going back to a Kart feels strange....

WOAH! :D

It's the complete opposite for me! I'm to used to the heavy characters and find myself unable to use the likes of Toad as he gets bashed around to much! :heh:

The Mii is a heavy character I think as mine has access to the heavy stuff as well with him I used the Twinkle Star Bike which I find is very good for me as It's got lovely smooth drifting and I was very suprised at how well it drifted around corners. I also find myself too used to bikes now and going back to a Kart feels strange....

Yeah I am waaaay to used to bikes now. Shame really. Also, there seem to be 2 different types of drifting. One, where the bikes REALLY lean into the corners and dont really skid round, and the other which is just like the karts (sideways). For the former, I think you can initiate the drift later, but because of this, it has crapped all over my timing of drifting the standard sideways method. (if that makes sense :heh:)

Yeah I am waaaay to used to bikes now. Shame really. Also, there seem to be 2 different types of drifting. One, where the bikes REALLY lean into the corners and dont really skid round, and the other which is just like the karts (sideways). For the former, I think you can initiate the drift later, but because of this, it has crapped all over my timing of drifting the standard sideways method. (if that makes sense :heh:)

Ah I see! :)

Yes I do not use the bikes that have that too tightier drifting which hugs onto the inner side of the track as often it goes over to far into the grass which isn't very helpful!

I much prefer the standard way which is much easier to execute! :D

It is a shame that I'm too used to the bikes, in a way I feel like I'm cheating the game! It is called Mario Kart after all Though I do still use them ocassionally!

Perhaps will get a challenge which will be Karts only?