NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I think it's just Birdo and Toadette that you can unlock like that.

Ah ok! :D I'm sure i unlocked Diddy Kong this way as well...

Mario Kart Wii Unlockable Characters:

King Boo - Win 50cc Star Cup

Diddy Kong - Win all 50cc Cups

Baby Daisy - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Wii Grand Prix Cups

Mii (Outfit A) - Win 100cc Special Cup

Dry Bones - Win 100cc Leaf Cup

Bowser Jr. - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Retro Grand Prix Cups

Daisy - Win 150cc Special Cup

Dry Bowser - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 150cc Wii Grand Prix Cups

Funky Kong - Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Baby Luigi - Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Birdo - Play Time Trials on 16 different courses/Get 250 wins online

Toadette - Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses

Rosalina - With a Super Mario Galaxy save, win a series of Grand Prix cups or Without Galaxy save, Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all Mirror Retro Grand Prix Cups

Perhaps not! must have unlocked him ages ago and not realised!!!

Thank you Platty! : peace:

Top Ten MK tracks on Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33542.html

I very much disagree with this list! :)

Though it did remind me of how awesome some the DS tracks are! :grin:

Just unlocked mirror mode, i'm loving this game, the best mario kart by far!

Some of the time trials are impossible to beat.

So I've spent most the evening on that comp and I've got a time of 1:44 something, I'm yet to get triple or golden mushrooms so I think I can still go faster!

1st place is still 12secs away... how do you make up 12secs?! Haha

I think the DK Jungle Parkway is the best retro course, it's really challenging and has pretty much everything a Mario kart circuit needs. The pipeline one is also good.

Many of the choices are questionable though.

So I've spent most the evening on that comp and I've got a time of 1:44 something, I'm yet to get triple or golden mushrooms so I think I can still go faster!

1st place is still 12secs away... how do you make up 12secs?! Haha

What combination of character and vehicle are you using? i still cant better 1:56 :(

What combination of character and vehicle are you using? i still cant better 1:56 :(

Im using my Mii and the Mach Bike.

...so I'm heading for a possible 1:30 - 1:40 time, I got a golden mushroom as my first item, and I get hit by lightning AND two, not one, but TWO damn blue shells... ended up in the high 1:40's... gutted! :(

Lol yeah, its weird the way they did that with Rainbow Road and Bowsers Castle. I think Sherbert Land is a good level, but probably not a top tenner, and I'm certain that Daisy Cruiser shouldn't be in the top ten!

Daisy Cruiser is not that good! I agree that Bowser's castle should be number one. I was very surprised that Koopa Beach didn't make it into the retro tacks on the Wii version. I don;t know why they put in DK jungle Parkway and Donkey Kong GCN course, both are not that good! I would have liked air ship fortress from the DS.

I'm happy with most of the retro cup choices, though to be honest, I wouldn't have minded if they took out all of the SNES and GBA ones and replaced them with more N64, GC and DS ones - I'd have loved for them to include classic tracks like Waluigi Pinball, Tick Tock Clock, Luigi's Mansion, the Wario and Daisy ones from the GC and Koopa Trooper Beach from the N64, among others.

1:41 on the comp with Funky Kong and Torpedo... I didn't use the best racing lines either as I'm not quite used to the bike, geez this is a fast combination!

I think the retro tracks on the Wii are fairly good, some are classics, others I don't enjoy. I guess they can't include all the best tracks, as they are saving some for future versions. With each new edition you get some good ones and some average ones.

1:41 on the comp with Funky Kong and Torpedo... I didn't use the best racing lines either as I'm not quite used to the bike, geez this is a fast combination!

Nice time! I think this is definetly the best combination for this track. Almost beat my 1:39 :p

So far i have attempted this challenge twice and i got 1:53 i think maybe 56! :)

Also one where it was going great i got hit my TWO blue Shells!

This right here is a good example of one of the things that's wrong with online gaming. Or gamers.

There's something wrong with people because they don't agree with you? I thought you were better than that. People have different preferences and play for different reasons. Personally, I don't like time trials which is why I won't give much effort in the competitions. Probably will give it a try when I have to connect the Wii for the tournament(I move it somewhere else when I play on 360)

About the list, I don't agree with it either, but I don't think anyone will. Why no Wii tracks? Most of them are better than any of the tracks on the list.

Rainbow road mirror mode = Hell on earth, the bloody track is impossible!

I like the retro courses, the only courses I would of liked to seen in it is Wario Stadium and toads turnpike

you would think that downloadable tracks would be an obvious extra... who know?

you would think that downloadable tracks would be an obvious extra... who know?

Maybe if Pay and Play had been set up properly before Mario Kart's launch, but I don't think it's possible now, is it? Shame, though.

Nah, they'd have to state it on the box. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King and LONPOS are the only Pay & Play games at the moment.

I still believe (hope) that for example voice chat could be incorporated into games with their own channels. Perhaps you pay say £3 and download an updated Mario Kart channel with voice chat.

Wii Fit could have a pay to play online enabled channel.

Wishful thinking but would be cool.

Voice chat would be pretty good on Mario Kart.

Think you would hear me swearing A LOT tho. :)

Voice chat would be pretty good on Mario Kart.

Think you would hear me swearing A LOT tho. :)

Voice Chat would be awesome! :D

Though all you'd hear me saying is turn, turn, turn, cmon, GOLDEN MUSHROOM!!!! YES!

AHHHHHHHH! Blue Shell. :o Aww 6th place....

Yeah but Nintendo still want it to be family friend, and thus voice chat would introduce a lot of children into blue language.

That's a laughable excuse, wasn't that one of the reasons they added parental controls to the Wii?

I can't imagine it would be that hard to program so if the parental controls are enabled, voice chat would be disabled.

I got a 1:45.935 With Toadette on the Blue Falcon (In her case the Pink Falcon) I really need to master these fast bikes though since I keep underestimating how much and sharply I drift.

That game Trailers top 10 I mostly agreed with, but then again MK64 started my passion and love of Mario Kart and I reckon it has the best overall track selection.

I got extremely lucky once on the competition track. Got a golden mushroom in the first lap and found a star someone dropped at the first turn of the second lap. Too bad it was like my 2nd try, i still made waay too many mistakes.

My god, I never got that lucky, if that had happened to me that glory race I had I'd have shaved a second or so off my current best time. That probably won't happen again to you and thats such a shame.

Yeah but Nintendo still want it to be family friend, and thus voice chat would introduce a lot of children into blue language.

Part of me understands this, but part of me thinks that Nintendo needs to get real and understand that these kids are probably already speaking this 'blue language'.