NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Wow I just got the useless squid item on the final lap near the finishing line on Sherbet Land while I was 8th place, never had that happen to me before.

Seriously what is the point of that item?

Wow I just got the useless squid item on the final lap near the finishing line on Sherbet Land while I was 8th place, never had that happen to me before.

Seriously what is the point of that item?

Have you never been squided? It covers your screen with splashes of ink to make it difficult to see where you're going.

The problem with using it against your opponents in single player, is you're never going to know how much it ever affects [if at all] non-human players.

Anyone ever seen a squided CPU opponent drive off the track or anything?

and I don't care what people say, the best racers win out in the long run!
Can't say I agree with you there.

Yes I have but I was playing online so the squid makes little difference as it doesn't cover much of the screen, I don't see it used often really so to get it at that moment of mine was strange. Must of been just my luck.

But the blue shell is the best leveller of the field, MK is famous for everyone having a shout to win.

The thing is, it doesn't level the field at all. In most races, a player in 8th-12th gets it, then fires and it only hits first place. This doesn't level the field, it just makes the person in first drop back and whoever was in second (and third fourth and fifth usually) zoom past without doing anything at all. It's unfair to give someone near the back of the pack a weapon that actually doesnt help them at all.

Have you never been squided? It covers your screen with splashes of ink to make it difficult to see where you're going.

The problem with using it against your opponents in single player, is you're never going to know how much it ever affects [if at all] non-human players.

Anyone ever seen a squided CPU opponent drive off the track or anything

I know that on the DS version it causes the drivers to slow down and swerve about on the road, although I'm not sure about the Wii version.

The lightning cloud is pretty funny to be honest :) Should only get it when you're in the lead though - do you slow and pass it on or do you shrink? Dilema.

Or the cloud should make you go much faster so you can catch up to people to pass it on!

I really don't mind all the assault you get on 150cc, for me that's Mario Kart, it can be frustrating, but it's fun still! I love the unpredictability of it all, and I don't care what people say, the best racers win out in the long run!

The cloud does make you faster. I'd say a similar speed boost to the invincibility star. One of the CPU passed it onto me just before the finish line, the boost in speed helped me get first. And then skrunk toad after the line :smile:

The thing is, it doesn't level the field at all. In most races, a player in 8th-12th gets it, then fires and it only hits first place. This doesn't level the field, it just makes the person in first drop back and whoever was in second (and third fourth and fifth usually) zoom past without doing anything at all. It's unfair to give someone near the back of the pack a weapon that actually doesnt help them at all.

I know that on the DS version it causes the drivers to slow down and swerve about on the road, although I'm not sure about the Wii version.

You gotta remember that 2nd place is probably harder to keep than first. You'll most likely get a red shell that the 1st place can easily counter with their 3000 bananas and place 3 and 4 have high odds to get triple red shields or a big mushroom.

yes.. its not just the single player that can be crap.. i just went from 1 to 8 place in about 3 seconds.. because of red green and blue shells.. in an online match.. disgusted with it i turned my wii off.. time for some cod4

anyone else had difficulties getting online tonight- error code 61010 and 61070. Thats network congestion, as i recall.

They don’t need to get rid of the blue shell in the next iteration of Mario kart. They just need to get the blue shell from the n64 versions back because the n64 version hits everything in its way in front of you. Nowadays the blue shell only hits player number 1 and with the Wii version its worse than ever. Because I know all of you somehow got a blue shell in the Wii version right before the finish on the last lap and that you immediately got in 2, 3 or 4th place of even worse.

That competition, heh. I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone, but I was just 'WTF?!?!?!?!' after the first corner.

The record for that competion is just daft/hacked. :shakehead

That competition, heh. I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone, but I was just 'WTF?!?!?!?!' after the first corner.

It's got to be hacked, couldn't post my time of 1:57. something, kept coming up with an error code 901etc. Online seems to keep crashing since the yanks got the game lol.

I can't get online either, first time i've had problem with Wifi on Mario Kart.

The competition was good though.

I was wondering why they removed the Chain Chomp while I was watching the opening and replaced it with a load of Goombas, but I soon found out where he went.

Can you keep trying on the competition or do you get one cance?

Can you keep trying on the competition or do you get one cance?

mariokartwii.maycmpetition2.jpg

Ahem :heh:

My order shipped today and should be here on the 6th at the latest. So I'll have it in time for the competition. But since its amazon, good change I'll get i either tomorrow (though less likely), or Monday.

The competiton idea's good and I submitted my time of 1:39.830. The world record at the moment is 1:34.163, so the hacked time must've been removed I guess.

I'd rather they ditched that lightning cloud thing. I hate it when I get it!

lol it does make you go slightly faster before it hits you. It's eriously annoying though

the best racers win out in the long run!

Wrong lol I really disagree there. I absolutely refuse to play people on Luigi Circuit.

I thought that too, I raced well and didn't get hit too many times and got 1.57.something...

The competiton idea's good and I submitted my time of 1:39.830. The world record at the moment is 1:34.163, so the hacked time must've been removed I guess.

How did you get that time? Please enlighten me. I raced using Bowser, on the Star bike, I got hit just once, wheelied most of the straights and power slided the corners. Please tell me your method?

Is there any point in doing the competition thing? It's not like any of us going to get the first spot...

Is there any point in doing the competition thing? It's not like any of us going to get the first spot...

That's the spirit!

I guess the point is to see how good a spot you can get.

How did you get that time? Please enlighten me. I raced using Bowser, on the Star bike, I got hit just once, wheelied most of the straights and power slided the corners. Please tell me your method?

Use Funky Kong and the Torpedo bike as this is the quickest combination on speed and a lot of the track is straight. The key is to get 3 mushrooms at the first item boxes (this takes a while and may result in many restarts). With these you are able to speed across several sections of grass and should be able to complete the first lap in 30-33s. For the second and third lap just do as you would in a time trial, hope for no major weapons (lightning or a blue shell) and keep a banana or green shell to get rid of any red shells. That's pretty much it, good luck and let me know how you get on.