NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

There is to many blue shells >_<

he speaks sense.

still, it wouldnt be mario kart without seeing a grown man look heart broken by having glory stolen at the finnish line

There is to many blue shells >_<

not only that but there are too many shite players online who choose free for all courses. Mushroom gorge, Luigi Circuit, Moo Moo Farm, what a load of crap

I haven't seen many Blue Shells today fortunately! :D I was playing it solid for about 2 Hours! :)

I got back up to 6300 now! having not played it for a week. It feels faster than before some reason.

I love this game especially after it was starting to annoy me last weekend :heh:

Righto. I have done all the cups and time trials. What else do I need to do to unlock the rest of teh stuff? I played alot online too.

This game is seriously starting to piss me off. I can lead a whole race for 2 and a half laps and then get fucked with blue shells, what a joke. Sometimes I wonder why I bother playing it.

I'm enjoying the time trials much more than the GP - no blue shells! Unlocked 16 expert staff ghosts so far.

Righto. I have done all the cups and time trials. What else do I need to do to unlock the rest of teh stuff? I played alot online too.

You need to get at least one star in every cup.

I'm enjoying the time trials much more than the GP - no blue shells! Unlocked 16 expert staff ghosts so far.
Yeah TT mode is so good in this game. Got your Sherbet Land ghost today, kept me busy for quite a while. icon14.gif

I tried out GCN controls for the very first time today (on a new file though, didn't want to dent my 100% Wii Wheel usage! :awesome:) can't believe how easy it makes the game! :o It's no wonder so many people are using it online, turning is so precise and doing tricks off the d-pad is effortless.

But I won't be switching from the Wheel, (despite the fact it would blatantly give me more of an edge online) I like the extra challenge it gives the game, not the mention it's more fun too.

One thing's for sure though, I'll definitely take much more pride in beating non-wheel users from now on. :grin:

This may seem a stupid question, but what is 'snaking', over on Gamefaqs people are talking about it, and I haven't got a clue what it is! Someone help!

Might pick this up tomorrow......what do you guys think of it so far? Bored of it already, or really starting to get into a regime?

Either this or NMH anyway.

I was so close to reaching the 8000 mark, but after doing a battle which I lost I came near the back my next two races.

I was so close to reaching the 8000 mark, but after doing a battle which I lost I came near the back my next two races.

Wow, I'm at 7000, but 8000 is absurd! How do you keep your score up there? The relative system makes it sooo hard. I get good but then I have an unlucky race on a shitty course like Moo Moo farm and it blows it to dust!

Congrats anyway! The vast majority of people I encounter are somewhere between 4,500 and 6,000.

Have you got any tips?

Wow, I'm at 7000, but 8000 is absurd! How do you keep your score up there? The relative system makes it sooo hard. I get good but then I have an unlucky race on a shitty course like Moo Moo farm and it blows it to dust!

Congrats anyway! The vast majority of people I encounter are somewhere between 4,500 and 6,000.

Have you got any tips?

Practice the time trials and find the shortcuts - you'll win a lot more if your really familiar with the tracks.

I've unlocked them too - feel free to post your times in the time trial thread (it's on the online board).

Had my first mirror races online today. I think the ratings of your opponents determines what CC you play on. The majority of races seems to be 100cc though.

Has anyone seen any competitions?

Might pick this up tomorrow......what do you guys think of it so far? Bored of it already, or really starting to get into a regime?

Either this or NMH anyway.

well, if you have online play then mario kart is ace, and multiplayer with mates is still awsome. that said nmh was more fun for me, i usualy go for single player games though, so if your big on multi get mario.

got fire emblem now and thats taken over my play time feom mario kart. with just time trials and stars to go im getting frustrated, hate re-doing the same part over and over.

Had my first mirror races online today. I think the ratings of your opponents determines what CC you play on. The majority of races seems to be 100cc though.

What's the difference between 100 and 150cc online?

There's a lot of luck invovled, had around 7,100 points, back down to 6,900 as I just randomly disconnected during a race and now my score is fucked. Great.

What's the difference between 100 and 150cc online?

Only the speed. Basically if you're used to 150CC grand prix's and then you race online in a 50CC race, you feel like you're going at a snail's pace.

As I'm at uni and don't have my wii I am genuinely missing this game, I want to have it here, now!

Working my way through Mirror Tracks today but damn it annoys me so much, I could be winning the whole race then on last lap BANG blue shell, red shells and end up in like 7th! GAAAHHHH

I think the best thing to do is hang back then go for it on last lap and hope for a bullet bill or something :D

Played this last night when my neighbours came round along with WiiFit, then some of us played online. Was pretty fun with much sarcasm and occasional swearing :heh:

Only the speed. Basically if you're used to 150CC grand prix's and then you race online in a 50CC race, you feel like you're going at a snail's pace.

As I'm at uni and don't have my wii I am genuinely missing this game, I want to have it here, now!

SAME! Hope it helps that you are not alone. May have to go back to london to get it because its just so painful without it :blank:

WooHoo, i just got my last Gold Cup. I now have all the Gold cups. Still have two characters to unlock though, and some vehicles too.

Do you find Mirror to be easier than 150cc?