NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I got this today. And am really enjoying it, with the Whiil too.

I still don't quite understand the cutting of Petey though, especially with the sickeningly shit character that is Dry Bowser in the mix.

Petey's been in every Mario spin-off since existing, so it doesn't make sence to me that he's missing...seems a little empty; especially since he's always been my heavy character.

Petey Piranha and King Boo, who were GCN characters, featured in MK DD... not to mention the Piantas and Noki!

and yoshi was in mario kart on the snes.

the plot thickens.

But those characters were introduced at the other end of the generation were they not. The certain galaxy character was featured in a game released a the end of last year.

I wish Nintendo would make an Actual sequel to SMW on the DS with the Koopa kids in it. the original SMW was one of my favorite games growing up.

Success! Just unlocked all 32 Expert Ghosts, and so Mii outfit B. Now I'm going to have to force myself back to the irritating GP mode to try and unlock the remaining karts and characters by getting stars throughout...

But those characters were introduced at the other end of the generation were they not. The certain galaxy character was featured in a game released a the end of last year.

I wish Nintendo would make an Actual sequel to SMW on the DS with the Koopa kids in it. the original SMW was one of my favorite games growing up.

double dash wasnt exactly late in the cubes life, i recall it being just a year after sunshine, maybe half way into the systems lifespan. also, the reason mario kart 64 had no new guys was that its from like 6 months into the 64s lifespan

I've barely played this mainly because the last time I did I was so put off by being absolutely murdered by every item. I went from 1st-7th at the last second and I could never look at it again. :heh:

Maybe I should play now to see if the game won't horribly cheat.

double dash wasnt exactly late in the cubes life, i recall it being just a year after sunshine, maybe half way into the systems lifespan. also, the reason mario kart 64 had no new guys was that its from like 6 months into the 64s lifespan

Though you have to remember that double dash needed a bunch more characters because of the double carts thing.

I still need to do this competition thing. Barely had a chance to and this is the last day.

Is there any prizes? :heh:

You know what....This game has really let me appretiate the great tracks from Double Dash & Mario Kart DS, not that Wii doesn't have great ones, it's just helped me look back, and remind me of great ones.

The track designs have certainly improved since the 1st 3 games.

I still need to do this competition thing. Barely had a chance to and this is the last day.

Is there any prizes? :heh:

I doubt it. They should give wii points as prizes. 50 Wii points the first time you try, 500 if you make the top 1000, 1000 if you make the top 100 and 5000 if you make the top 10.

It would encourage more people to buy the game.

I doubt it. They should give wii points as prizes. 50 Wii points the first time you try, 500 if you make the top 1000, 1000 if you make the top 100 and 5000 if you make the top 10.

It would encourage more people to buy the game.

love that idea!

ive just a little more to do, took a break for fire emblem. just doing staff ghosts and star ratings now. done 50 an 100 cc with a star in each, and retro in 150. just got funky kong by doing time trials, which i usualy hate. had to download world record times and see the method, really helps.

doubt i'll get 3 stars on it all, im not that paitient.

You know what....This game has really let me appretiate the great tracks from Double Dash & Mario Kart DS, not that Wii doesn't have great ones, it's just helped me look back, and remind me of great ones.

The track designs have certainly improved since the 1st 3 games.

They should have put Yoshi Circuit in again from the GCN. That's the best track ever. :D

They should have put Yoshi Circuit in again from the GCN. That's the best track ever. :D

QFT.

I'm loving the online battle mode. Its just so fun. My records are 16 coins and 7 points in balloon.

Crap, forgot to enter this afterall. Ah well, i'll be sure to do a good attempt in the next competition.

I was expecting points for prizes actually. Would of been pretty good.

I only attempted the first competition a few times because I couldn't stand having to restart because the AI got a blue shell or something that would totally screw my time over. I only managed to get 1.44.588 in the end which is like 15 seconds slower then the guy in first place.

There's a couple of screens shots of the next competition at the Japanese Nintendo site;

cont_ph200805-03.jpgcont_ph200805-04.jpg

It will be Wii wheel only

It would be interesting if they made a competition archive, sort of like mission mode where you could go back and compete in the old competitions for fun (if they were actually fun and not frustratung).

Damn right. Had to get on the DS again the other day just to race it. That track never gets old. :smile:

are we really discussing the next Mario Kart less than a month after Wii's iteration?

Honestly, before track creators, or any other pomp- sort that darn AI out, i'm absolutely sick and tired of having the blue shell, red shell, POW block, eventually sliding me into a banana combo on the last straight.

What I hate more is when you get hit by something as you're jumping over a pit.

I successfully dodged a POW block the otherday (the old 'shake the remote on the third rumble' thechnique). I know that lots of people have done it and it's not that impressive, but when you're racing just you and three friends on one screen and its too close on the line... not spinning out and zooming past to victory is like having some sort of mario related orgasm. But less messy.

I successfully dodged a POW block the otherday (the old 'shake the remote on the third rumble' thechnique). I know that lots of people have done it and it's not that impressive, but when you're racing just you and three friends on one screen and its too close on the line... not spinning out and zooming past to victory is like having some sort of mario related orgasm. But less messy.

ive dodged twice with a tap of b to jump. its funky when you pull it off, which ive don 0.5% of the time

ive dodged twice with a tap of b to jump. its funky when you pull it off, which ive don 0.5% of the time

I wondered if something like this was possible, but i've never achieved it.

I only attempted the first competition a few times because I couldn't stand having to restart because the AI got a blue shell or something that would totally screw my time over. I only managed to get 1.44.588 in the end which is like 15 seconds slower then the guy in first place.

There's a couple of screens shots of the next competition at the Japanese Nintendo site;

cont_ph200805-03.jpgcont_ph200805-04.jpg

It will be Wii wheel only

Sweet! Hope it starts soon. :smile:

You sure it'll be Wii Wheel only though? I'd love it if it was, it'd be very interesting to see if the people that dominate the current leaderboards could still do so with the wheel. :wink:

I ended up with 1:43:ish on the Mario circuit comp, pretty pleased with that time. Got to A rank at least.

Would be nice if there was a prize for taking part though, like an extra Mii outfit or something.

Sweet! Hope it starts soon. :smile:

You sure it'll be Wii Wheel only though? I'd love it if it was, it'd be very interesting to see if the people that dominate the current leaderboards could still do so with the wheel. :wink:

I ended up with 1:43:ish on the Mario circuit comp, pretty pleased with that time. Got to A rank at least.

Would be nice if there was a prize for taking part though, like an extra Mii outfit or something.

Yeah a prize like that would of been neat, maybe first place was sent soething to their Wii message board, like another picture or something.

I'm guessing that the contest is Wii wheel only from a babelfish translation from the Nintendo jpn site;

It is the conference which passes by the gate in order. Because degree of hardness is set low, first please be accustomed to passing by the gate. Furthermore, this time it becomes the conference of Wii steering wheel limitation

Aside from that though, it lists the 15th as is release date.