NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Use Funky Kong and the Torpedo bike as this is the quickest combination on speed and a lot of the track is straight. The key is to get 3 mushrooms at the first item boxes (this takes a while and may result in many restarts). With these you are able to speed across several sections of grass and should be able to complete the first lap in 30-33s. For the second and third lap just do as you would in a time trial, hope for no major weapons (lightning or a blue shell) and keep a banana or green shell to get rid of any red shells. That's pretty much it, good luck and let me know how you get on.

ahhhh! Thanks, that makes sense. One thing about this I didn't like was the lottery factor. I've been on for some decent times and been hit by POW blocks and by blue shells which ruin everything.

I keep on geting error code 61010

I was getting that all day yesterday, glad to know its not just me, must be busy servers or something I think.

Not sure why they're put ai players in the competition but oh well. Keep getting around the 2 minute mark which is pretty bad

I' looking to future competitions where they gradually introduce increasingly bizarre remixes of existing tracks!

Oil spots on Rainbow Road? Thwomps on Shyguy beach? Wobbly versions of existing tracks? Tiny/Giant versions of tracks?

Watch this space!

Is there any point in doing the competition thing? It's not like any of us going to get the first spot...

This right here is a good example of one of the things that's wrong with online gaming. Or gamers.

At last a competition! :smile:

I spent quite a while on it yesterday, best I could get was around 1:50.

It's annoying though because I'm pretty sure I can get a better time, but there's just so much shit going on and the CPU characters are complete bastards on it! Even more so than 150cc/mirror it seems. :shakehead

I found it helps to re-start to mix up the characters you face, as some combinations are pure evil.

Hope we get one of the coin collecting challenges for the next competition, something a bit more chilled out at least. :grin:

Well, no copy yet. the weekends going to suck now as I'll be waiting for it the entire time. At least I should get it before the competition is over though.

*goes off to play MK 64, double dash, and MK DS.

Played this quite a lot now with a friend and really like the wheel, tis what the Wii is about, feels good to control your drift by turning/leaning.

I'm rating all the retro tracks atm, they seem to be the funnest ones, but I do like a couple of the new ones.

Dunno if I wil get it, it kinda seems like ive done most of it. I only play as King Boo though so I could be missing out on something. Does he have his own kart/bike or is it just the Petey one you can unlock

Would I be better off playing a previous Mario Kart game or Excite Truck to get ready for when my copy comes?

Would I be better off playing a previous Mario Kart game or Excite Truck to get ready for when my copy comes?

Do you have post on Saturday?

Nope, to bad Canada post is unionized. I wish they would just drop it off at my local post office because then I could just walk down and pick it up. I bet its sitting in there now but I can't pick it up without one of those slip things they give you when they try to deliver something to you and you aren't home.

Nope, to bad Canada post is unionized. I wish they would just drop it off at my local post office because then I could just walk down and pick it up. I bet its sitting in there now but I can't pick it up without one of those slip things they give you when they try to deliver something to you and you aren't home.

So when do you get post agian?

So, looks like the americans are complaining that the competitions are not tournements...as such, was it localised in America for competitions to be called Tournements? If so I can understand their moaning

Erm....So...Is this game any good?

I want to hear what real people think of it:)

Not that I'm not going to get it anyway:heh:

Also, what characters would people have prefered instead of crap like Dry Bowser?

Its basically what you expect, which I guess is good enough for most although I won't be buying it.

Some of the new courses are fun and also it is as much fun as any Wii game yet.

Wheel is good, even the wiimote alone is nice for drifting pleasures. So I'd say well done 8/10

King Boo is playable so that is win.

I got a time of 1:48:5 in the competition with Luigi in the standard kart, I'm happy with that.

Dwarf, is that you admitting that maybe you were slightly harsh on the build up to the game getting released :)

I fail at time trials so much! >_____<

I've forgotten how to do them...:blank: I could do them on the DS!

Best time i got on the competition is 1:56 so far. BLUE SHELLS mess me up so much >_<

I'm just about to try this. For the sake of my pride(and as a staff member), I need to beat most of your scores.

What's with all the Miitlers online in Mario Kart?!

I bet none of them beat mine...I looked on the contest channel (when I 1st got it...takes up too much memory though) and most of them were crap/awful, some alright though :)

I wish I had the money to get this :(