NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

WooHoo, i just got my last Gold Cup. I now have all the Gold cups. Still have two characters to unlock though, and some vehicles too.

Do you find Mirror to be easier than 150cc?

God no...the AI is even cheaper then

God it's so tempting to buy this game...

EVERYTIME i walk through my local centre i walk through about 5 shops that all sell it and i've resisted so far. Still v.tempted though...Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

It comes out here today, however I pre-ordered it on Amazon with a gift card I had, It ships tomorrow so I should get it by wednesday or thursday.

Was just playing online and some guy had a star by his name and was kicking arse, miles ahead of everyone and had like 9,500 points..........HOW?

Had a go online last night, came up against a Japanese guy with 3 stars next to his name, by the way he raced I'd say well deserved too.

How he managed to get triple star on EVERY race with the cheating AI is beyond me.

Was just playing online and some guy had a star by his name and was kicking arse, miles ahead of everyone and had like 9,500 points..........HOW?

I myself was just about to get over 9,000 points

Then I got Item Fucked several times in several races which pushed me to last and thus I'm now at 8,600

I managed to get 8600 points once. Then I disconnected and lost 300 points in a 12 player match then losing another 250 because my father had to disturb me in the third lap on the ghost level just for fun >_>

The scoring system is unfair...yes ok it should penalise you if you came 12th, but it shouldnt JUST be counted on positions

Bah, I HATE grumble volcano, I always find myself flying off into lava, first place on all the other tracks in 150cc, get to that one and I end up 8th place.

God no...the AI is even cheaper then

The AI is the most cheating thing since, well er... it's just like Mario Kart DD and Mario Kart 64, maybe worse actually. I've lead a race from the beinging only to be blue shelled twice and inked by the squid on the last lap.

I've seen the odd 9,000+ guy. I also know the way most do it. They don't compete in free for all races. They simply disconnect on the course select scren if a duff course is chosen, like Luigi circuit. On the more simple courses, even ones like Mushroom Gorge, it's too easy for anyone to be sat in 8th or even 12th for the whole race, get a bullet bill and win on the last lap.

The top score that is possible is 9999, I'm on 7,500. Would be on a lot more but my Wii disconnected twice yesterday costing me around 350 points in total. The vast majority of people I play are on around 4,500 - 6,500.

Kudos to anyone over 9,000, I take my hat off to you!

It's a shame that sitting in 2nd/3rd/4th is the best way to guarantee 1st place on those tracks where weapons are near the end. Shame that star-rankings cannot be gained easily that way. It does seem to be a little bit of luck related.

Surely it would have been a better design choice to put item boxes like a quarter of a way through a track, then half way through and then not-quite three quarters of the way through the course. Then those who have actually left the pack with driving skill wouldn't be nailed so badly.

It's a shame that sitting in 2nd/3rd/4th is the best way to guarantee 1st place on those tracks where weapons are near the end. Shame that star-rankings cannot be gained easily that way. It does seem to be a little bit of luck related.

Surely it would have been a better design choice to put item boxes like a quarter of a way through a track, then half way through and then not-quite three quarters of the way through the course. Then those who have actually left the pack with driving skill wouldn't be nailed so badly.

the idea seems to be any one can win. makes it fun with mates but its a pain when your online or alone.

i think in the next mario kart we will just be awrded a position and do away with the race.

The thing that makes Mirror a challenge for me is that if you know a track really well, then playing it on mirror knackers your sense of direction (I found this on DK's Snowboard Cross online - I was bollocked as to which side of the half-pipe to take to get the best line). If you half-know a track it will be tough.

It's funny. My router's set up funnily. Whenever the phone rings/hangs up it disconnects. It reconnects during a conversation though. I had about 3 cases online where the phone went, but instead of disconnecting, all the other racers froze, before it came up on screen 'Positions have been determined. Race has been ended'. It then said I'd won, and I got a bunch of points. This got me thinking - If I ring home during a race, how long will it take me to get to 9000? :D

Not that I'll do it though. :)

The thing that makes Mirror a challenge for me is that if you know a track really well, then playing it on mirror knackers your sense of direction (I found this on DK's Snowboard Cross online - I was bollocked as to which side of the half-pipe to take to get the best line). If you half-know a track it will be tough.

It's funny. My router's set up funnily. Whenever the phone rings/hangs up it disconnects. It reconnects during a conversation though. I had about 3 cases online where the phone went, but instead of disconnecting, all the other racers froze, before it came up on screen 'Positions have been determined. Race has been ended'. It then said I'd won, and I got a bunch of points. This got me thinking - If I ring home during a race, how long will it take me to get to 9000? :D

Not that I'll do it though. :)

Chances are that you don't have an ADSL Microfilter on the line with the phone attached. The easiest way to set it up is to have an microfilter for each phone you have in your home.

Was playing last night and Redshell joined in. Man he is good. I did manage to beat him a couple of times but woah.

I'm far too addicted to this game. It's ridiculous.

Well the yanks have the game now so I think I'll pop online to play them in worldwide Grand Prix - Should be easy to beat too because they'll use weapons against each other they are good at friendly fire!

Well the yanks have the game now so I think I'll pop online to play them in worldwide Grand Prix - Should be easy to beat too because they'll use weapons against each other they are good at friendly fire!

haha nice. I may join in with ya soon : peace:

I was so close to making 8000 points, but the races I went in were full of heavyweights and they kept weapon spamming and knocking me off the track, so freaking annoying. On Mario Raceway nearing the final bend, from 4th to last just like that.

QOTD.

Good day to take advantage of their badness.

Was playing last night and Redshell joined in. Man he is good. I did manage to beat him a couple of times but woah.

I'm far too addicted to this game. It's ridiculous.

Cheers dude. :smile:

Was nice to finally get to race you, oh and Oli1983uk too! : peace:

Yeah I played some worldwide matches against all American opponents earlier, almost lapped everyone on a Rainbow Road race! :laughing:

Ain't it great to get a game before the US once in a while? :heh:

I loved how Gonintendo was constantly putting up movies and unboxing pics and I was just thinking "I'm playing this now :P!

Yeah I played some worldwide matches against all American opponents earlier, almost lapped everyone on a Rainbow Road race! :laughing:

Yeh I played against a load of americans with this jap guy yesterday and every match it was me and him battling it for first place.

I was playing some really lame americans earlier, nice easy points for me! It's a weird feeling having the drop on them, it must be a first for such a major game to be released over here first!

Just played some good worldwide matches along with redshell and cookyman! we were always in the top 3 or there abouts!

Great games guys :)