NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

You can escape them in the tunnels, like those in DK Snowboard Cross and Rainbow Road.

The screenshots you saw were actually from the Coin Runners Battle Mode
I think he's referring to this:

370902mw1.jpg

Blatantly not Coin Runners.

My guess is that Nintendo will send DS style missions over the MK Wii Channel.

Read somewhere on gamefaqs that the nintendo competitions have something to do with the mission mode. So i guess we'll have to wait till that comes out

Not been able to do much online stuf myself thanks to my dodgy router. But I do have a question.

Today my Mario Kart Channel had a Envelope symbol one it, and said i had a Challenge from a friend (But I can't figure out) how to

a) Challenge it

b) Get rid of the Envelope symbol

any ideas?

Enter the Mario Kart Channel, then click Ghost Data (I think its called that) then go to Downloaded Ghost Data where a popup should appear telling you about the received ghosts and the opportunity to challenge them. Once you are up to this point the envelope should disappear.

Enter the Mario Kart Channel, then click Ghost Data (I think its called that) then go to Downloaded Ghost Data where a popup should appear telling you about the received ghosts and the opportunity to challenge them. Once you are up to this point the envelope should disappear.

Thanks Rowan, I'II try that when I get home from work. Hate working on wet rainy Sundays :(

Something weird just happened to me!

I only started playing Mario Kart Wii online last night and I think I played maybe 9 or 10 games. Today I bought a Classic Controller, plugged it into my Wii Remote, turned MK Wii on and the first thing that popped up was that I was being rewarded a new Kart because I had won 50 games on Nintendo WFC!

Has this happened to anyone else? I think the Kart is called the Rally Romper or something like that. Only Baby Mario, Baby Peach & Toad can use it I think.

Something weird just happened to me!

I only started playing Mario Kart Wii online last night and I think I played maybe 9 or 10 games. Today I bought a Classic Controller, plugged it into my Wii Remote, turned MK Wii on and the first thing that popped up was that I was being rewarded a new Kart because I had won 50 games on Nintendo WFC!

Has this happened to anyone else? I think the Kart is called the Rally Romper or something like that. Only Baby Mario, Baby Peach & Toad can use it I think.

This has been brought up before *cough*readthethread*cough* but it takes into account the number of people you have beaten. So if you placed 5th out of 12 people, that counts as 4 losses and 7 wins. It is not actually based on whether or not you win the race (although if you do then you will obviously get 11 wins and no losses)

I think he's referring to this:

370902mw1.jpg

Blatantly not Coin Runners.

My guess is that Nintendo will send DS style missions over the MK Wii Channel.

Maybe the competitions will feature stuff similar to mission mode from the DS as I swear that I heard that this mode would be making a return (barely played this mode anyways so not bothered if it isn't in the game somewhere. They will probably start with the compos after the americans get the game too.

I said it first! :heh: But yeah my thoughts exactly

It frustrates me that I'm so crap at this. My friend gets like 1 second off the expert laps after just a few tries on each map and I struggle to even unlock most of them.

right was playing this at my friends and he has the mario kart channel on his desktop. Not sure why I do not have this.

does anyone know why?

right was playing this at my friends and he has the mario kart channel on his desktop. Not sure why I do not have this.

does anyone know why?

Did you say you didn't want it? I got mine the first time I played the game, no problems. I *think* there is an option somewhere in the game for you to get one, so have a nosey about and see.

I played a few games of 2 player earlier- for one race I tried the remote+nunchuk control style and it was... yuck. It did feel a bit more precise for steering, but it just felt like a weird control style in general. After the one race I took out the nunchuk and just played with the remote. :hehe:

I got disconnected from a race again too! Its not like it happens when I'm way behind or anything- its happened when the races have been going well. I dunno whats causing it? My connection strength? ::shrug:

does anyone know why?

Go on the mario kart channel in game and download it to desktop from there

Go on the mario kart channel in game and download it to desktop from there

Thanks. My copy is Japanese so maybe I said i didnt want it by mistake. do you know how much memory it takes?

Thanks. My copy is Japanese so maybe I said i didnt want it by mistake. do you know how much memory it takes?

82 blocks i belive

So I finished mirror mode earlier. Went back to a 50CC cup and damn it was easy. still missing a few unlockable stuff...

I have to say that (with bikes) a HUGE opportunity for muddy, slippery, off-road tracks was missed (in 100cc more-so). Playing with bikes has made me hanker for some good old Excitebike (64). Karts on mud would have been a good laugh too AND chaotic.

So I finished mirror mode earlier. Went back to a 50CC cup and damn it was easy. still missing a few unlockable stuff...

Just started Mirror Mode today, got at least 1 Star in all the 50, 100 and 150cc races aswell. Just need to finish Mirror Mode with a Star ranking and that will be everything unlocked and back on the shelf it goes.

I got to say, even though battlemode has been changed to team battle, its great having a 12 player battle match online.

btw is anyone is going online right now?

Ah, finally started on the 150cc-cups. Yep, I'm not progressing very fast, but that's mainly down to lack of time. That's my offline excuse. As for online... The sun is shining is my eyes? :heh:

I've found myself a new character, though, which suits me very wel.

Dry Bones

Anyhoo, I put the controls to the test yesterday, and I played one track over and over again with all control methods, and I got the best times with the wheel, over and over again. True, you may say thet's normal, because that's the way I've played the most, but then again, what about those years of Mario Kart with traditional controls? The difference is marginal, but it's there. So it stays the wheel for me.

As fot the people I've added to my Friend-roster and have added me: for some reason, some people stay a questionmark. This is mighty odd, considering we've both registered eachother and it works fine with others. So for those I 'neglect', it's not on purpose and I'm looking into it.

got a blue shell right on my head even though i was number 2.. when it was fired i probably was nr one, but I felt damn cheated anyway..

also saw a blue shell fizz around in the air over one spot at a time.. looked like it couldnt find its target

I seem to having 2 issues when playing online.

1) Getting disconnected (this is thanks to my crap router)

2) Sometimes I'II be mid race/mid battle and I'II get a white box appear on screen with a message that says Disc Error-Eject disc and turn power off/on again.

Just wondering if this is down to my connection again or possibly a dodgy disc (bearing in mind it only happened while online)

How far are you from the router? I've had no issues when using the USB ethernet adapter though. I used to get awful lag using wireless.

How far are you from the router? I've had no issues when using the USB ethernet adapter though. I used to get awful lag using wireless.

Just in the next room. I really need to upgrade my router-

Currently with NTL and should be getting 20mbs but the current router I'm using only supports 11 (which in theory should be fine since that's all the Wii needs) However when you fact in there are 4 computers using that one connection plus a Wii, each trying to get a slice of the bandwidth then it leads to lots of connection issues for my Wii.

Once I am online, there is no lag-its just I'II only stay connected for so long before getting disconnected.