NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Part of me understands this, but part of me thinks that Nintendo needs to get real and understand that these kids are probably already speaking this 'blue language'.

Yeah but at least it cant be Nintendo to blame for that. I want voice chat but i dont think we'll get it for a long time if ever

Voice chat is coming - believe; I think NIntendo are slowly opening up when it comes to online gaming. I thought paying for DLC or games was less of a chance but we have that. Voice chat is coming, more extensive DLC is coming and whether it be Wii or the next console but an online hub aka live aka home is coming!

I find that if you want Nintendo products, you have to have a fair bit of patience.

I finally got the game. I've spent the last few hours playing GP mode. Tomorrow I'll test out the online.

its not as plug and play as xbox voicechat is (which ive never used but hear works well) but there is an easy way to of course do voicechat with mario kart.

it does require a bit of PC knowledge and is only really for your friends.

Simply setup skype/teamspeak/ventrilo or any other voice chat software on your computer or laptop and buy some headphones with an integrated microphones.

thats it. works an absolute treat and as fun as mario kart is i cant stress how much more fun it is playing with your mates and being able to talk, laugh, swear, whatever at them. makes a huge difference imo.

as im a bit of a computer geek this is particularly easy for me to do as i run the wii from the computer monitor so everything is right on hand. for your normal people who have the wii in the front room and dont have a hulking pc right next to it or a laptop you can use then i guess it wont be quite as simple.

but if you have a laptop, headset and skype then its a piece of badger pie to sort out :D

For God's sake, they allowed voice chat for Diamond and Pearl, and if that's not a hunting ground for dirty old men I don't know what is! So what can't they have it for MK? I mean, as aforementioned, we have parental controls.

God, Ninty like to contradict themselves.:indeed:

When the AI catch up with you whenever you are too far ahead. MK64 had rubber band.

Great Thanks Tales! Does Mario Kart Wii have it? :)

Almost all the MKs have it, including the Wii version. Not sure about the GBA and Snes versions but i think they do too.

Almost all the MKs have it, including the Wii version. Not sure about the GBA and Snes versions but i think they do too.

Ok, Thank You Death Jam! : peace:

Really? If so it doesn't work very well.

its not as plug and play as xbox voicechat is (which ive never used but hear works well) but there is an easy way to of course do voicechat with mario kart.

it does require a bit of PC knowledge and is only really for your friends.

Simply setup skype/teamspeak/ventrilo or any other voice chat software on your computer or laptop and buy some headphones with an integrated microphones.

thats it. works an absolute treat and as fun as mario kart is i cant stress how much more fun it is playing with your mates and being able to talk, laugh, swear, whatever at them. makes a huge difference imo.

as im a bit of a computer geek this is particularly easy for me to do as i run the wii from the computer monitor so everything is right on hand. for your normal people who have the wii in the front room and dont have a hulking pc right next to it or a laptop you can use then i guess it wont be quite as simple.

but if you have a laptop, headset and skype then its a piece of badger pie to sort out :D

Because nobody ever thought of that before.

I realise I'm probably just totally incompetent, especially as I'm halfway through the 150cc cups but I still can't pull off drifting AT ALL. I've no idea what to do, despite reading the manual multiple times :blank: I use the wheel normally, so what's the trick to it? Is it just holding B as you go around a corner? Thanks for any help...

I realise I'm probably just totally incompetent, especially as I'm halfway through the 150cc cups but I still can't pull off drifting AT ALL. I've no idea what to do, despite reading the manual multiple times :blank: I use the wheel normally, so what's the trick to it? Is it just holding B as you go around a corner? Thanks for any help...

Pretty much yes but your aim is to go around the corner sideways, with the result being that at the end, you will boost into the straight from the corner.

Because nobody ever thought of that before.

Perhaps N-E should set up an account with Adobe Brio for us to use.

You know... I still pretty much dont know who to use lol

I just finished 50 cc, not enough time to play, but I'm kinda torn between Luigi/Yoshi/Toad and then the vehicle! Agh, choices!

I wish they would just keep how the different characters handle the same in all the games. It takes me forever to find the character that I'm good with when I get a new MK game. For instance.

In:

MK 64 I use Wario

MK SC I use toad

MK DD I use Luigi and Waluigi

MK DS I use Luigi

MK Wii I haven't even tried out everyone yet (though right now I'm mostly using Toad in a Cart or Wario on a bike.)

I was surprised to see a certain Mario Galaxy Character in the game. I thought they usually didn't put characters in until a generation after their first game.

I wish they would just keep how the different characters handle the same in all the games. It takes me forever to find the character that I'm good with when I get a new MK game. For instance.

In:

MK 64 I use Wario

MK SC I use toad

MK DD I use Luigi and Waluigi

MK DS I use Luigi

MK Wii I haven't even tried out everyone yet (though right now I'm mostly using Toad in a Cart or Wario on a bike.)

I was surprised to see a certain Mario Galaxy Character in the game. I thought they usually didn't put characters in until a generation after their first game.

Petey Piranha and King Boo, who were GCN characters, featured in MK DD... not to mention the Piantas and Noki!

The Galaxy character is probably to appease girls...The more female characters the better. Toadette was a good idea...

...But I wish they would stop doing a SEGA and creating forgettable characters (ala the Piantas.) It just dilutes the greatness of the original characters. Maybe I'm just being an old fart but I'd rather a game like MK had staple Nintendo characters (ala N64) and you only unlocked a couple of classic characters.

Maybe on the other hand Nintendo should just call this Nintendo Karts and just go all Smash and throw EVERY Nintendo character into the mix. Actually, I'm suprised we haven't seen a Pokemon kart game (Kirby/DK got racing games afterall.)

Gawd knows where they should go from here. Downloadable tracks/battle tracks would be a nice start. (Like a SNES pack.) Maybe one day it will come.

The thing is, if a kart game comes to the 360/PS3 then they would be inundated with downloadable tracks etc...Which actually makes you more money for little work. AND makes the title's longevity go up.

I'm sure EVERY online MK owner would plump for downloadable tracks. - Even if deleting channels would be needed :p

A game has to previously support a feature. Wii games cannot be patched. We will 99% not see DLC for MK: Wii. Which is a real shame.

The upside of Nintendo making new characters (imo) is that they're not annoying shitheads, like Sega have been doing with Sonic for years. The only Sonic character in the last 10 years that hasn't been an annoying bastard would be Blaze the Cat from Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure. The Pinata's from Mario Sunshine had a purpose as being the people of that island... they just happen to spill into other games.

- I think a track creator should really be the next addition to Mario Kart, and then share them over the internet.

- Downloadable tracks from Nintendo would be good yeah.

- Maybe they could also introduce a rain option for tracks, so you could race in the wet, and it would add a further dimention to kart control?

Think Luigi's circuit on the GBA is the only Mario Kart track EVER to take place in the rain isn't it? [Haven't played the DS game].

Though I think the character choice in MKWii was overall a pretty good one, I do think they are missing out on some!

Too many baby characters! and I'm not really sure Funky was necessary, plus Bowser Jr is ok [though almost another baby!] but Dry Bowser, come-on, talk about pointless and forgetable! He doesn't even exist as a character! or is he just Bowser after falling in the lava? anyways, he's rubbish!

Nintendo create these new characters, some of which are cool and do have a place in the series e.g. Waluigi, Toadette, etc... but they do KEEP emmiting the classics!

- I'd obviously like to see Kamek back in a kart [seemed likely after returning in Galaxy]

- Para-Trooper should of been back,

- or if not, what about a Hammer Bros!

- Chargin Chuck [sMW's Koopa Amercan Footballers] would be cool!

- Monty Mole makes appearances on courses, but would be quite fun to unlock.

- Shy-Guy's been left out again.

- and it's looking like we'll never see Super Mario Worlds Koopa Kids ever again!

You know... I still pretty much dont know who to use lol

I just finished 50 cc, not enough time to play, but I'm kinda torn between Luigi/Yoshi/Toad and then the vehicle! Agh, choices!

I think they've made character selection easier, having just 3 classes with no difference between the actual characters [so in your case it wouldn't matter who you were between Luigi or Yoshi, as they are exactly the same], that is right isn't it?

But I think there's too much choice as far as the vehicles are concerned, some of them seem pointless as looking at the stats, i'm not really sure why would ever choose them [even more so when you unlock other karts].

I seem to be getting through the game with * rankings [though not got to 150cc yet] just using Koopa Trooa in the Standard Kart!