NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I'm guessing that the contest is Wii wheel only from a babelfish translation from the Nintendo jpn site;

It is the conference which passes by the gate in order. Because degree of hardness is set low, first please be accustomed to passing by the gate. Furthermore, this time it becomes the conference of Wii steering wheel limitation

Aside from that though, it lists the 15th as is release date.

Cool, cheers for the info.

: peace:

I got my first mushroom in first place today (that i noticed). 5 seconds later, a blue shell came to get me...and i shroomed away from it!! =D

I love how my Mii looked behind him to see what was going on there =D

Quite early, i only managed to do it twice so i'm not exactly an expert :p

But yea, while it's still circling above you. The boost from the shroom is quite long, so it's probably better to be a bit early than a bit late.

It was easier to do on Double Dash.

Problem is that you're bound to be attacked by a POW or Lightning before the Blue Shell even comes your way :indeed:

POWs + Clouds = worst items ever.

POWs would be alright is you didn't still spin off when sliding round corners and also still lose your item when you "dodge" it.

I can dodge the POW block everytime with just a small waggle. Took me some time to find it out though. But it's really easy after you know how to do it.

exactly how are you dodging the POWs.

I love the thundercloud item, although i constantly seem to get it when no other racers are nearby.

Anyone know somewhere online or in trafford where this is in stock? It seems to be sold out everywhere........

exactly how are you dodging the POWs.

I love the thundercloud item, although i constantly seem to get it when no other racers are nearby.

Keep doing the 'wheelie' move and you survive it a bit better. You still get hit with the POW block but you spin forward with a blue wave around your kart/bike and you don't completly stop. You do however still lose any items you have on you.

I won a race today because I think the person in front didnt know how to avid it, I was just behind him as we came up to the finish line when someone used a POW block and I got ahead.

The way I do it is by shaking the remote when the POW block hits for the third time. With every hit there is a rumble in the controller, and when the third one comes shake the remote - you should jump as it hits and although you will still spin out you only spin once and do not lose speed (although as people have said you do lose your item)

Yeah, you just feel the rhythm of the countdown the POW Block does and on the last one flick the steering wheel up (doesn't have to be an all out shakefest) so I'd imagine the same goes for using the remote+nunchuk too. Its useful but its all down to whenever the POW Block strikes. If you are on a straight then its good, but if you are going around a corner then you'll likely still end up off the course or in a wall cos doing this still causes you to spin and lose control for a second, despite not slowing you down.

Its a handy technique to have in your repetoire. :)

Had 3 attempts on the new competition so far, best time I got is around 1:19. I am sure I will be able to improve that time before the deadline.

Also tiny bit off-topic but does anyone know the best way to clean the Wii Remote and Wii Wheel? My B button on the wheel gets dirty really easily :blank:

i got 1.13 on my first go, a lot easier then i thought it would of been!

Had 3 attempts on the new competition so far, best time I got is around 1:19. I am sure I will be able to improve that time before the deadline.

Also tiny bit off-topic but does anyone know the best way to clean the Wii Remote and Wii Wheel? My B button on the wheel gets dirty really easily :blank:

Clean your hands after you touch yourself? :heh:

Clean your hands after you touch yourself? :heh:

I think it's something else :heh:

Now got a time of just under 1:10 which I am happy with.

I had several goes at this new challenge earlier and managed to get it down to 1:17 from my intial score of 1:21. :)

How did you manage to get under 1:10 Rowan? :o

Got myself a time under 1:10 with a 1:09.509.

It's just a case of getting to know the order, and where the item boxes are.

I think I used Funky Kong in the Torpedo, and like BowerBasher said its about knowing the order plus the location of the item boxes. I am tempted to draw it out by hand in order to get the best route.

EDIT: I got a new time of just under 1:09, however I was not able to connect to the internet at the time. Does that mean I can no longer submit the record, or will it be done automatically?

Best time for me so far is 1.20, I really need to get better and unlock the Torpedo.

That's weird. The game claims there are no new competitions.

Mine was doing the same, I had to leave and re-enter the MK channel and wait for that bottom option to change to "download latest MK data" and clicking that. After that the competition should show up.

You need to downloaded the latest data, it wouldn't let me play it until I did that, it kept telling me the results of the last one was up.

Fastest time I got so far is 1.12.