NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I'm just about to try this. For the sake of my pride(and as a staff member), I need to beat most of your scores.

You need to do the time trials shadow now thats really competitive - ask red shell about our epic battles on there! lol

I must update the tiime trial thread a lot of records on my friend list have changed since I last recorded them.

It's a shame hardly anyone is entering their times there.

What's with all the Miitlers online in Mario Kart?!

hahha, ace, I saw Dr Zoidberg the other day!

There was a hitler contest?!:confused:

No...I mean the bit where you can favourite Miis and such

I must update the tiime trial thread a lot of records on my friend list have changed since I last recorded them.

It's a shame hardly anyone is entering their times there.

I'm happy to enter some of my times. Should I PM them to you?

I'm happy to enter some of my times. Should I PM them to you?

Post your times here - Mario Kart Wii - Official NE Time Trial Records

If they are good enough they will be recorded as unconfirmed - get an NE member on your friend list to confirm time or send a photo as proof.

Full rules are in the thread!

*Edit -Time trials thread has been updated*

Quick question: Alot of reviews say that this game caters more to new players and isn't quite as strong as a hardcore game. Is this as bad as they make it out to be or is it just a fault they have found in an otherwise pretty good game?

I just got the game the other day. I don't even have the last cups unlocked.

I'm enjoying it more than double dash where we couldn't use the items for defense and the driving was too weird. This one feels more like old school Mario Kart, like the DS one. The extra 16 retro tracks also help, and the excellent online system.

Monday.

So its not a Bank Holiyday there it is in the UK.

Talk about bad luck. Being in last place and getting hit by a blue shell from the guy in front of me. I could see the blue shell turning right after release and thought to myself "WTF".

Quick question: Alot of reviews say that this game caters more to new players and isn't quite as strong as a hardcore game. Is this as bad as they make it out to be or is it just a fault they have found in an otherwise pretty good game?

They're exaggerating

Dwarf, is that you admitting that maybe you were slightly harsh on the build up to the game getting released :)

Not really, because I said it would be fun but I still stick to what I said it being another MK. It's obviously one of the funnest Wii games, but that's mostly just because it is MK and also it is good multiplayer.

Thing is I've only played it for about 8 hours worth and I'm getting a bit bored if I'm being honest. At the start drifting with the wheel seemed really cool but now it's just standard.

A comment I would withdraw is the one about the tracks being too wide, it actually doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Yes I'm stubborn.

Not really, because I said it would be fun but I still stick to what I said it being another MK. It's obviously one of the funnest Wii games, but that's mostly just because it is MK and also it is good multiplayer.

Thing is I've only played it for about 8 hours worth and I'm getting a bit bored if I'm being honest. At the start drifting with the wheel seemed really cool but now it's just standard.

A comment I would withdraw is the one about the tracks being too wide, it actually doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Yes I'm stubborn.

You are so stubborn lol

Right to clear-up.

Yes, I admit that the game wasn't as bad as I said it would be. It is better.

Right to clear-up.

Yes, I admit that the game wasn't as bad as I said it would be. It is better.

YAY!!! That was like getting blood out of a stone lol :yay:

It's not a perfect game, MK's never are but boy is it fun (and frustrating at times )

So far i have been unlocking characters just by playing online! :D

Do you think i can unlock them al like this? or are certain characters not obtainable this way? :)

So far i have been unlocking characters just by playing online! :D

Do you think i can unlock them al like this? or are certain characters not obtainable this way? :)

I think it's just Birdo and Toadette that you can unlock like that.

Mario Kart Wii Unlockable Characters:

King Boo - Win 50cc Star Cup

Diddy Kong - Win all 50cc Cups

Baby Daisy - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Wii Grand Prix Cups

Mii (Outfit A) - Win 100cc Special Cup

Dry Bones - Win 100cc Leaf Cup

Bowser Jr. - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Retro Grand Prix Cups

Daisy - Win 150cc Special Cup

Dry Bowser - Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 150cc Wii Grand Prix Cups

Funky Kong - Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Baby Luigi - Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Birdo - Play Time Trials on 16 different courses/Get 250 wins online

Toadette - Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses

Rosalina - With a Super Mario Galaxy save, win a series of Grand Prix cups or Without Galaxy save, Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all Mirror Retro Grand Prix Cups

YAY!!! That was like getting blood out of a stone lol :yay:

It's not a perfect game, MK's never are but boy is it fun (and frustrating at times )

It's not perfect, but with so many modes, a great online and 32 tracks it's close!

Top Ten MK tracks on Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33542.html

This is one shitty top 10 honestly. You can't just label every Rainbow road and Bowser's castle track ever under "Rainbow road" and "Bowser's Castle" and give them one spot each. There's a lot of crap on the rest too, Sherbet land one of the best tracks ever? No thanks, it feels like one of the worst retro tracks in MKWii.

Lol yeah, its weird the way they did that with Rainbow Road and Bowsers Castle. I think Sherbert Land is a good level, but probably not a top tenner, and I'm certain that Daisy Cruiser shouldn't be in the top ten!

I certainly didn't think some f them should have been there, and what happened to N64 Mario Circuit. This was easily one of the tracks of choice of that game. corners, straights, and some really cool shortcuts. Some of the SNES mario circuits where also a lot better.

They give some silly excuse in the beginning so they would just consider DS, N64 and Gamecube...Who cares anyway lol...