NEurope

Cheap as possible (ie. just not too much) :heh:

I'm on a contract with Three already, so the phone will have to be either SIM Free, on Three, or unlocked.

Size doesn't really bother me as long as it fits in my pocket.

Personally, Id say go with HTC all the way (Reason being there is quite a large knowledge base etc for it...If it pisses you off that it isnt included, someone has most likely addressed the problem in the home brew community).

The part that is difficult is getting the 3G/Cost balance.

E-Ten have a few reasonable cost devices, but lack 3G.

Wm6 isnt a problem if you really require it as there are billion flavours of cooked ROM out there that are easy enough to find from trusted sources.

For all the requirements you mention, try the Trinity which is a 'reasonable'

£350. http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?Product=DEABA48C-2E75-4288-B3D7-8F4B20CBE2BE&Category=591602F7-C32B-44D8-859D-F9230F032E7E

If you are feeling flush, go for the XDA Flame (£700+ sim free)

Let me look into whether 3 ever rebadged any HTC models and I will give you a better verdict later.

question: i would like to have the Iphone but i want to stick to my own provider (Orange) A: is Orange going to get the Iphone? B: if not how can i get it? and final C: is it worth it?

please help me!

Try reading the various reviews online. Most say it's a fantastic device, but missing a few key features, so it all depends how much you need things like 3G (speed and video calling), Picture messaging and video recording.

Good news :) I might consider one after all, depends how well people get on with hacking 3rd party apps on to the phone

Saay I bought an iPhone on ebay or something, by doing this I wouldn't have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T would I?

Can anyone see the scratched off apple logo?!

To be fair it'll probably be better.

To be fair it'll probably be better.

Apart from the UI and looks, it may well be. I'm expecting new iPhones to be announced in January however.

Saay I bought an iPhone on ebay or something, by doing this I wouldn't have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T would I?

No you wouldn't, just wait a couple weeks, then the newly discovered software hacks will be available for you to download, then you'll be able to use any sim card without even activating the phone in iTunes.

Can anyone see the scratched off apple logo?!

Feature wise this is miles better than the iPhone, and it's very sexy as well.

Announcing a new iPhone 6-7 months after lauch? Not a good idea. Unless it's an iPhone nano. And even that that would be a bad idea if the tech in it is limited.

I was wondering, is it possible to redownload purchased games?

As Iam with Vodafone, and have purchased quite afew games on the Vodofone live WAP thingie, but since my chip corrupted I lost all of them:

Brain Genius

Bomberman

Sonic the Hedgehog Part 1

Pac - Man

And afew more which I cant remember off the top of my head.

Can't seem to find any option to redownload them, and am pretty worried since I don't wanna have to repurchase them.

The unlocking stuff is going to be out soon. You could take a risk and buy it now or wait a few weeks and get it then, the chances are it'll be more expensive then as loads of people will be buying them to unlock.

Yeah just joining i have that Sony ericcson w580i slide phone, shit for videos , the mp4 format its good for downloading n converting youtube with software i use but you cant like fast forward it , its shit like for movies.

How much is 4gb micro card cost?

O got a Nokia N80 and i'm loving it.

Got it for just 200€ (that's 138£ for you brits) when it usually costs 450€ around here. That's half the price and a great one for a smartphone.

And I got a 6600. For FREE! As in grátis! I found it, and now its mine!

I've not been up to date with mobiles for a long time so can somebody tell me the best pay as you go phone for under £100?

I bet Nokia's iPhone doesn't work that well. You just jab your whole thumb on the screen and it picks the narrow selection you wanted from a list? Seems unlikely. More like you pick the wrong one, or all of them and it crashes, or none of them.

I've not been up to date with mobiles for a long time so can somebody tell me the best pay as you go phone for under £100?

If you're looking to spend that much on a phone it's probably worth it to get a contract.

How much do you top-up a month?

I hardly use my phone at all, I have not topped up in at least 3 months, I just want a new one due just because I've had the same phone for over 4 years.

If you want a fashionable but still useable mobile then the LG chocolate is for you. (only if you're a girl, otherwise you'll look a complete pansy)

If you want a functional phone which looks okay then you should get Sony Ericsson W810i, it is the upgrade of my phone which does away with the fiddly controls. (100 quid o2 with 10 quid call time at carphone warehouse) Has an alright (2meg) camera. If you buy a big memory stick upto 8gb. (they carry a fairly heavy price tag, but memory crds just get cheaper) It can be better than your average flash based mp3 player.

If you like nokia ease of use then Nokia 5300 is recomended, not great as a music player as it uses microSD which only goes upto 2gb. (not to be confused with microsdhc)

Sorry if you are a guy,an 'a' at the end of names/usernames sound girly to me.

EDIT: I just saw a pro duo for 70 quidsicles:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3316907/-/Product.html?searchstring=8gb+pro++duo&searchsource=0

Calza has an XX chromosome listed under gender, suggesting Calza is female. But I actually always thought Calza was XY (dude) :blank:

Calza has an XX chromosome listed under gender, suggesting Calza is female. But I actually always thought Calza was XY (dude) :blank:

I've always thought that too for some reason...

Maybe he just cocked up.