N-Europe

Injuries

jayseven

Right so here somewhere should be a pretty pathetic wound I aquired from messing around at the lagoon ('reey Hove) whilst drunk enough to like the taste of blood. There's a seawall with a lil' drop. The shard-like edge gave my hand a.. a parting gift. Left me with a scar that appears to make one of my lines continue right up my hand.

handscar4fq.th.jpg

Another time the drop gave me several cuts on the inside of my left-ring finger which I SWEAR spelt "FIST".

fistcut9kt.th.jpg

Another drunken injury nvolved a lamp-post, my head and a borderline-potter scar. I am the lucky guy in my group, I only have one cigarette burn mark.

Aside from these drunken *ahem* 'escapades' I very rarely get injured. Only ever broken one finger bone and i can't remember how that was done. i was, like, 9 at the time.

yourselves? Feel free to tangenterise, digressitate, or even reply.

I cut through the top of my left middle finger while cutting an apple with my new pocketknife.

Errr... I fell pretty hard once with my bike and opened just about every joint on my left side. Details are hazy though :)

I very rarely get injured.

i have a lightning shaped scar on my forehead

We could be inter-related brothers who are somehow siblings through similar wounds! Like blood-brothers except we don't hve to be so emo and cut each other! Well obviously I'm Emo, but it rhymes with 'bro' so it's ok! yeah.

Yeah i'm going to go to bed.

i have a lightning shaped scar on my forehead

OMG HARRY POTTER IS HERE!!!

anyway i've never broken bones or fractured or anything serious. Most serious injury i ever had was when i accidentally kicked the sofa and my toenail came off lol.

i cut the side off my fingertip the other day peeling potatoes. there was a lot of blood for about a week, but then the doctor stuck it back on. hooray for doctors.

whilst i have had a multiude of injuries including some serious in have never had a gory injury :(

Cracked ribcage - had a bicycle thrown at me when I was 12 and then cracked another rib when I was 15 whilst playing Rugby. Boy that guy was huge.

Permenately strained right lung - due to that bicycle hitting me, a small amount of my last rib on right hand side of the ribcage bent inwards, damaging my breathing. I can easily strain my lungs and then collapse finding it hard to breathe.

Broken wrist - Tried carrying someone on ice in canada, slipped and fell.. tried to support 25stone on one hand.. whole wrist hung from a few ligaments.

Cracked Left Kneecap - Shattered and chipped my left kneecap with the above fall. It doesn't look bad and Ive had so much worse, but I had my knee deflated.. kneejuice was everywhere and I feel unconscious and lost a lot of blood. The worst of them all in the short-term. Did I mention unbelievable pain. Wow.

Skull damage - jumped from a cliff in Newquay (where the bridge is) when I was 15. Went under the water into the sea and smacked my forehead on some rocks. Luckily regained consciousness quite quickly. Don't know how I smacked my forehead, there was no blood. Just a huge dent.

Broken nose x3 - Breaking it once is painful, twice is annoying. Three times means you need an operation to get it working again. Sadly the operation didnt work and my nose now bleeds at least once a day. One advantage is I can produce blood at any time and remove myself from any given situation. The disadvantage is I can hardly smell.. or breathe through my nose.

Disaligned my spine - just through a host of injuries, I had managed to make my back very weak and needed scans, physio and osteopathy to get it into a strong state again. I even have to use a medical mattress in my bed all the time. Which sucks.

Cracked my shinbone - Tried to jump a massive gap in a wall when I was 13 in North Wales. Didn't quite make it and my shin caught the full impact of flying Joby vs Concrete corner. This was probably the first cool injury. I recovered quickly... but for a few days I could see my shin bone if I removed the bandaging and splint.

Blinded by sand - sadly, due to a dare with a laser pen and on a seperate occasion a sand fight.. I have damaged my eyesight... I now wear glasses... but its not too bad, I'm not blind or anything.

Those are probably the main injuries - there are a lot more, I get fresh cuts and scars nearly every week. Sometimes I wake up and find a new one and don't really understand how it got there. I could add many more to the list, including a ripped ear, broken toes and fingers, a torn quad muscle (nearly all the muscle was torn! sweeeet). Ive had lots of MRI scans, they are scary and plenty of X-Rays in many different countries!

The list could go on. You get the idea. Touch me, I'll break.

Health insurance anyone?

Never really had any serious injuries. No broken bones or anything. Only cuts or scrapes. I remember about 8 years ago, i was on a metal slide at the park and when i went down my head flew back and wacked on the bend of the slide. (at the top), my head was pouring with blood. Also the other day i was running along the canal and tripped forwards, my knees scraped along the floor and my pants ripped at the knees, i was in a hurry so it took me about half an hour to realise that my knees where bleeding a lot. oh yea and i was using one of those v slicers a few weeks ago and i accidently sliced through my thumb(about a 1/4 of the way) it's healed now but i think that my body has healed it strangely as i can pull the skin apart where it sliced, but there is no blood, just healed skin.

In breif here are my injuries:

Broke both my legs after being pushed out of a tree.

Got my finger severed off after my brother thought it was funny to put my finger in a rusty wheel barrel wheel... then moving it.

Fractured my skull twice, thankfully i was young at the time and no major damage was caused... this was again done by my older brother.

Broke my arm after been thrown down a flight of stairs by my older sister... that one wasn't fun.

Currently, my jaw is totally fucked. Everytime i yawn or eat something tough it gives me a really bad pain on the top left bit.

Just suffer from back pains from time to time (had to quit my summer job because of it; no money for me now...). Apart from that, I'm pretty much okay on the health department. Never really had anything worse than cuts and bruises and the like I think (even though I've fallen off stuff millions of times, especially as a kid). Wheeeee. ='3

I have a really cool scar on my left eyebrow. I always get ladies asking me "how did you get that?" And like any gentlemen I lie and tell them I got it from defending some poor single mother from a chav beatdown. Of course the real truth is that I was 5 playing superman with my Dad. I was superman he was a villan, I ran towards him and jumped at him. He cowardly dived out the way leaving me to fly into a wooden chair leg and smash my head open. Oh and also the good thing was that day was children in need or the one with pugsy on and I had a band around my head just like him! And it was nearly my bday, good memories.

My worst injury was acquired during a football match. It was my first game for my new team, and it was five minutes into the match, our striker breaks clear, keeper comes out keeper half saves it but the ball goes under him, I run and tap it in. Just as I kick the ball this 20 stone guy (we later nicknamed the Human Train and Odd Job). Tackles me from behind. According to friends on the team and my brother watching the match, I flew a few feet in the air. I landed on my back, pretty hard. I got up and I was bit dazed, but then there was an almighty pain in my groin and lower back.. To shorten this story, I couldn't walk for 3 days, and couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks.

I've also broken my arm, and had shin splints. But they were nothing compared to not being able to walk.

Is the Lagoon better than Brighton beach?

Depends on what sense you mean 'better'... Personally I don't see the appeal of brighton beaches. They're cool on summer nights when usually you'll find some dudes with a fire who'll welcome you into their circle (complete with food!) but during the day they're overpopulated and windy.

The lagoon is scarcely visited really; you'll get about a person every ten minutes while you sit on teh green drinking with pals. If you use your imagination there's a hell of a lot of stuff to do there, too. We usually sit diagonally opposite the park itself, but we've hung out in bushes, under pavillions, behind huts, by teh electric thing... Plus there's hove beaches right by the lagoon and they're awesome too due to lack of people. A stones-throw away you have the 'rocks' which provide entertainment and shelter.

The main reason teh lagoon is so good is because of its proximity to where we all live. You uni peeps might not deem it worthy to trek out here and then have to go home again.

Wow that's a big off-topic post there..

BACK TO THE POINT!

Er-no, your list scares me. If it was me I would have not done any more jumping off/into things after about teh second injury.

I forgot to mention I have three chipped teeth. Not that anyone will actually read this. Fuckers.

My worst injury was acquired during a football match. It was my first game for my new team, and it was five minutes into the match, our striker breaks clear, keeper comes out keeper half saves it but the ball goes under him, I run and tap it in. Just as I kick the ball this 20 stone guy (we later nicknamed the Human Train and Odd Job). Tackles me from behind. According to friends on the team and my brother watching the match, I flew a few feet in the air. I landed on my back, pretty hard. I got up and I was bit dazed, but then there was an almighty pain in my groin and lower back.. To shorten this story, I couldn't walk for 3 days, and couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks.

Aye, I've had the same type of injury while playing but some guy swiped my legs as I turned him which lead to me lying flat on my back writhing in pain. Was a hobbler for a week and then it just hurt whenever I tried to do something flexible with my back like a forward roll for a month.. :(

i slashed my middle finger quite badly off a can of coke and it goes numb a lot, have a really weird curved white scar.

burnt my arm really bad with the iron (ouch!) still got the scar although its very small

i also had 4 slipped discs when i was 16. got off almost 2 months school (missed mock exams tho) my back still gives me bother now after nearly 4 years, i dont think my muscles will ever recover, the slightest touch makes me jump a mile!

broke my smallest finger, it was slammed in a gate when i was about 6 y/o. kinna surprised i havent got more cause i can be a klutz sometimes :heh:

oooo and Stewilo2005, your sig rocks dude!!!! :D squirelly wrath!!