Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been texting nonstop since and meeting again this weekend which is all very exciting however what is possibly the most exciting is the fact he is one of the fuzz. Oh, I do love a man in uniform.... *sigh*

Stop eyeing up that copper's baton ;)

Hope it goes well for you

I'm convinced Fresh's entire posting career here at N-Europe was just build up to the above.

Hehehehe, while I may not post much in General any more I can assure it wasn't all just for that, some of it is for my bitching/moaning on the football thread.

Never have lyrics rung more true for me than Jenny Lewis' in Portions For Foxes.

"Talking leads to touching, and touching leads to sex, and then there is no mystery left."

The guy I've been seeing, Alexandros, is really really hot. He smells brilliant. But I feel the above lyric is too true. I've seen it all, there's no mystery left. Now there's only conversation to go on, and I don't feel we share enough interests / have personalities compatible enough to properly have a romantic relationship.

"Talking leads to touching, and touching leads to sex, and then there is no mystery left."

There's no mystery left. Now there's only conversation to go on

Conversation is where the real mysteries lie. Unless you swapped your childhood and biggest secrets before your massive bout of fellatio?

Hmm, so then what exactly do you expect from a relationship?

No it's just with him in particular, I'm somewhat disenchanted with the prospect of sex, because it kinda feels like "Been there, done that".

And we didn't really click well enough for me to pursue the relationship. I texted him last night, and he hasn't texted back, so maybe he feels the same way? I don't mind either way - I enjoyed the time I spent with him, and would deffo meet up with him again if he wanted but I'm not scratching at a post to see him.

No it's just with him in particular, I'm somewhat disenchanted with the prospect of sex, because it kinda feels like "Been there, done that".

if you feel like that, hes probebly not right for you.

emotional conections make sex more then just a physical act, but an expression of deep affection and comfort together.

good lord i sound like a twat.

It's pretty obvious, non?

"One doesn't choose their sexual orientation."

(I'm not sure the what effect the subjective has on the evocativeness of the sentence though?

Subjunctive often denotes hypothetical situations.)

That's not subjunctive. The 3rd person singular subjunctive of Choisir would be Il/elle/on choisisse.

The best way to pick up on subjunctives with the -ir verbs is to listen for the hissing sound they generally have. You're right for questioning why it's in this sentence though. The sentence is a clear statement, whereas the general rule of thumb for the subjunctive mood is: Subjunctive = subjectivity and/or unreality. So if it were somehow incorporated it'd have quite an ironic and scalding meaning with respect to its message.

Well then if the subjunctive does suggest subjectivity perhaps the statement is intended as a non-definite. Perhaps a question posing as a declaration.

That's what I was kind of saying above, but it is in fact indicative rather than subjunctive, and therefore a clear and defined statement.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!