Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Well, seems that guy has fallen for me without me even doing anything. Shit.

Now I have to go and break another heart. >.<;

Anyone have any experience with (softly) turning down people who are giving you unwanted attention? :(

Just pretend you are completely ignorant about their feelings for you. It might be avoiding the problem but its worked a treat for me! *thumbs up*

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pretend you are completely ignorant about their feelings for you. It might be avoiding the problem but its worked a treat for me! *thumbs up*

Hahah, I've been trying to avoid him, but when they send you a mushy email about how your presence makes their day so much better and they want to be given a chance (and then some stuff about being insecure and shy and having bad experiences), it's kind of hard to ignore and pretend you don't know what's going on. =P

Hahah, I've been trying to avoid him, but when they send you a mushy email about how your presence makes their day so much better and they want to be given a chance (and then some stuff about being insecure and shy and having bad experiences), it's kind of hard to ignore and pretend you don't know what's going on. =P

Yeah, that is hard to avoid. :(

The easiest thing to do is probably just tell him and get it out the way. Just tell him you don't do the whole "relationship" thing. Thats my other tactic.

Bah, sexy bar guy situation. All he did was look at me however I didn't have the courage to go up. What the hell do you say?

Constantly go up to the bar and order stuff, thats always a good excuse to start talking...if that fails you get drunk and build up courage that way! :p

The way I see it, either this guy is the wettest blanket in the history of mankind or he's trying to come across as shy and retiring whilst having no idea of what it is to be either. Mind you, I can be unduly suspicious of people.

In any case I think there are only two ways out:

1. Drop hints of your own, albeit saying that you aren't interested in a relationship right now. If that fails, outright state your disinterest in a way that can't possibly be misconstrued: a one line e-mail reading, "I'm not going to sleep with you" should do the trick.
  2. Set fire to him.

Bah, sexy bar guy situation. All he did was look at me however I didn't have the courage to go up. What the hell do you say?

Well if they work behind the bar then they've probably heard it all, so I can't imagine premeditated lines being much use. Perhaps say you want to try something different and ask which drink they'd recommend? It gives you an excuse to drink at the bar and comment on his suggestion, which should naturally evolve into more general conversation if there's interest there.

How would you normally go about approaching someone?

I've noticed you around. I find you very attractive...will you go to bed with me?

Or you know...not. I dunno what you say really. Tis awkward.

Is this musician in a band that is no longer in the charts?

Is the musician older than 35?

This is fun ^_^

Yes, and yes, not that it narrows things down much.

I can't say anyway, they don't want people knowing they're a bisexual transvestite, and I'm certainly not going to tell anyone, not if I want to try all the things they've described to me.

Does saying I'm in lust make sense?

Argh! I like this guy so much! I'm so annoyed with myself for not doing anything about it, but I just can't make myself. Best mates + all this crap = Oh no's.:(

Welcome to my world :(

Welcome to my world :(

Hmm, explain! Whats happening?

--

Update on mine. I was telling one of my best mates about it all, and he had no idea what I should do. I think I'm just going to talk to him at some point, and ask him to stop flirting all the time, because even though it's probably just a joke when he does it, it just makes me keep liking him.

Seeing a really cute sweet guy atm, bit scared but just taking it slow. We had like 3 dates before we kissed, so sweet ^_^

And I thought three dates before sex was taking it slow ^_^

I've reverted back to my 'epic-of-bust' view on relationships. In case anyone was wondering.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!