N-Europe

Show us your Houses! (Google Earth 56k?)

Guest Stefkov

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google Earth doesn't seem to want to work for me on my laptop; says it can't connect to the server so it won't do anything. =(

And that site Shorty posted doesn't really have picture of my house. Boooh.

Cool to see all these houses though. Some of you seem to live in nice areas. =3

Here's my room for a few more weeks :)

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=swwftygw91jx&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7716080&sp=Point.swwg47gw90s6_my%20room___&encType=1

Yep, Uni shared accommodation for me :heh: if you move north a bit you can spot Devonshire green, where the skatepark is, and West Street where all the half decent bars are. My uni is near the train station a mile or two to the East.

Don't really want to share a pic of my parents home though ^^;

Half of my town (including my house) is in really, really blurry bit.

The other half is in a resolution the is coming up on that of central London and LA...

Wow, the MS Virtual World thing is brilliant!

Home.jpg

I live in the top floor and southern 3rd (both floors) of the ringed building.

Here's my room for a few more weeks :)

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=swwftygw91jx&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7716080&sp=Point.swwg47gw90s6_my%20room___&encType=1

Yep, Uni shared accommodation for me :heh: if you move north a bit you can spot Devonshire green, where the skatepark is, and West Street where all the half decent bars are. My uni is near the train station a mile or two to the East.

Don't really want to share a pic of my parents home though ^^;

Woah, that isometric view is HOT!

Am I missing something with this MS Live thing? It just gives me two boxes marked 'what' and 'where' so I can search for, say, local pubs. Then it just gives me a map. How do I see satellite imagery and stuff?
Using the box in the top left of the map, the links "road" "aerial" and "hybrid" and the picture of the buildings to get the special birds eye view :) If you're having trouble it may work best in IE7. As for searches, I just put postcodes in the bottom search bar.

Using the box in the top left of the map, the links "road" "aerial" and "hybrid" and the picture of the buildings to get the special birds eye view :) If you're having trouble it may work best in IE7. As for searches, I just put postcodes in the bottom search bar.

Nah, it won't let me search for a where without searching for a what. And it doesn't like my postcode, I have to put in 'Durham, UK' to get any results. Then I get a really shit map that looks like it was drawn by a child, and no options for aerial or hybrid or anything. Gay. Probably only works on Windows or something :rolleyes:

My uni accomadation was literally 10/15 minutes (walk) away from yours.

Here it is

Wow I've been pretty close to there yellingzo1.gif I went to the church just on the corner of Eccy road which I can see a couple minutes walk from your place! (I don't go to church, I just went to the church)