N-Europe

How to pronounce Pokémon

Now this isn't a topic about one pronounces the word Pokémon, contrary to one interpretation of the title. In actual fact it is how you pronounce certain Pokémon's names.

For example, Suicune, until I saw Pokémon4Ever I said it with the Sui of Suicide, with a Koon on the end. However it's apparently said Swee-Koon.

I've just been training my Lucario, now do I say it Luke-Ar-Ee-Oh, or Loose-Ar-Ee-Oh, or something completely different?

Go.

I say Sui (Suicide) Soon

You have to remember, Americans pronounce many words awfully, sometimes in a way that makes no sence at all and breaks all laws of English.

That's how I always say it.

I also pronounce Zapdos like you pronounce "MS-DOS", apparently it's something like zap-dös.

That's how I always say it.

I also pronounce Zapdos like you pronounce "MS-DOS", apparently it's something like zap-dös.

Well that is how it's supposed to be said.

ArticUNO

ZapDOS

MolTRES

The problem there was the American obsession with pronouncing Spanish O's like Oh.

Carl-ohs

Zap-dohs

Lohs Illuminados (That one was especially retarded for a place with somewhere called Los Angeles (sp?))

Also...Is there ANY word where Sui is pronounces Swee??:hmm:

You have to remember, Americans pronounce many words awfully, sometimes in a way that makes no sence at all and breaks all laws of English.

I'm hurt :(

Well that is how it's supposed to be said.

ArticUNO

ZapDOS

MolTRES

Omg never noticed that.

I thank the NOM Official Pokemon Red/Blue Guide for telling me the uno dos tres bit. *jigs*

Quite informative, that guide. Did you know that Koffing and Weezing are known as NY and LA in Japan?

New York and Los Angelis? it figures if you go by polution :p