N-Europe

Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama or the Simpsons?

Slaggis

Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama or the Simpsons?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama or the Simpsons?

• American Dad
    • Family Guy
    • The Simpsons
    • Futurama

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone underestimate American Dad? It is AWESOME!!

Stan: "God, please watch over the soul of this dead dog and carry him up to heaven... because he sure as hell can't walk... he's dead. Amen."

AmericanDadFamilyStreet.jpg

Why does everyone underestimate American Dad? It is AWESOME!!

Stan: "God, please watch over the soul of this dead dog and carry him up to heaven... because he sure as hell can't walk... he's dead. Amen."

AmericanDadFamilyStreet.jpg

I like American Dad, and I'd personally pick that over Family Guy anyday, but the thing about Seth McFarlane's creations is, no matter how awesome they are, they just lack alot of depth and never really saw either as out-right classic TV, which is why I'd never pick American Dad (or Family Guy) over The Simpsons or Futurama.

I agree, I think Futurama wins hands down but I just don't think people give American Dad the respect it deserves! I also think the Simpsons use to be better but now they kinda do the same thing...except the Simpsons isn't as funny.

Stan: "Well, we have 24 hours to live, let's make the most of it and watch this box set of 24 on DVD"

i think family guy will be considered a classic because, and only because it was axed, and then because of public demand it was bought back. Can you really imagine that happening to the simpsons now?

American dad is the best show on tv (except for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps and skins)

Stan is absolutley classic, the things he says and does just make me laugh out loud so many times during an episode.

Vote for american dad!!

futurama-american_dad-family_guy-the_simpsons-1920x1200.png

1)Futurama

2)South Park (Not on the list, but Dan's post reminded me)

3)Simpsons

4)Family Guy

5)American dad.

I love the top 3, and lately i've been watching more Family guy, though it's random that's partly why it's so great.

American dad i never got into.

I agree, I think Futurama wins hands down but I just don't think people give American Dad the respect it deserves! I also think the Simpsons use to be better but now they kinda do the same thing...except the Simpsons isn't as funny.

Stan: "Well, we have 24 hours to live, let's make the most of it and watch this box set of 24 on DVD"

Not really that funny...he'll still have 6 hours to waste.

I would have said Family Guy if you had done this poll a few years ago, but the last couple of series havn't been anywhere near the early standards they set.

My vote has to go to Simpsons, you'll begin to think it is falling by the wayside but then a new episode will turn up that really snatches you back in again.

My vote has to go to Simpsons, you'll begin to think it is falling by the wayside but then a new episode will turn up that really snatches you back in again.

Yea, the last 2 or 3 episodes of the Simpsons have been really good!

It has to be The Simpsons. I really can't get into Family Guy and I don't really think it's all that's cracked up to be. Futurama is definitely one of my favourites, but The Simpsons will always have a special place in my heart.

Thankyou. Simpsons is the 'the daddy' of the other three and although it's not as great as it used to be, we all loved it once, didn't we?

Guest Stefkov
Have to say getting Patrick Stewart to play D.D. Bullock was a minor coup for American Dad, he has all the best lines.

"My sources inform me that your original assertion was correct: I like big asian butts, and I cannot lie."

That was on a few days ago, where they move to Saudi Arabia. That episode made me chuckle.

I wish I could change my vote to American Dad now. After watching a few episodes of season 5, family guy has gone quite bad, songs in every episodes.

"AHHH...A hungry hungry hippo!!"

The Simpsons has some classic lines, and episodes, but I find South Park & Family Guy much better. South Park's comfily political and Family Guy's randomness is amazing at times, thoguh can get tiring.

I also prefer Futurama to The Simpsons, simply because it actually has a plot and such.

The Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park are 2 of the best episodes of anything ever.