N-Europe

Downward spiral. And Pretty Hate Machine, too... but Downward Spiral wins the prize.

Ignore that, Pretty hate machine quite sucks... I meant Broken. lol.

But yeah, The Downward Spiral.

Broken and The Downward Spiral are great albums and a good place to start. Pretty Hate Machine is a bit late 80s-ish, but has some good stuff on there. You could start by legally downloading his newer stuff. The Slip and Ghosts I-IV are released under a Creative Commons (free) license - so downloading them via torrents is legit. The lossless versions were released too. Basically, Nine Inch Nails are awesome.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Burial = Shit.

I have rediscovered the postal service they are win.

Even though you posted my favourite post in this forum, Burial is the best thing to ever come out of Dubstep... it takes a genius to take a genre that shitty and turn it into something so good. He and Boxcutter were the only ones who made it. :heh:

Burial = Shit.

Good god, will the insanity never end?

----

I can't stop listening to another Mercury nominated album, The Bairns, by Rachel Unthank & The Winterset. I would never have pegged myself as a fan of rearranged old northern england folk songs, but yeah. It's great.

And Liz Phair...Exile In Guyville is great. Thought it would be with all the praise I read about it before buying it.

I hate how the new Bjork video is in three distinct sections.

They should have just either gone with the white faces or the close-ups all the way through.

Yeah, but part of the bag was that it was done by 3 different people.

Although, why would you be so boring as to only do the whiteout if you actually have them both at your beck and call?

Leona - Forgive Me Video

How are they going to get away with releasing this as the next single off the album, when it was only on the international albums. The UK never got this.

Anyways, the video's not so bad. It's a little odd, but I like the bits in the street.

Leona - Forgive Me Video

How are they going to get away with releasing this as the next single off the album, when it was only on the international albums. The UK never got this.

Anyways, the video's not so bad. It's a little odd, but I like the bits in the street.

They do what any moneygrabbing label does; release a new edition of the album.

Look at Rihanna. (Though it's an OLD tactic)

Leona - Forgive Me Video

Saw that yesterday mate.

I think she looks absoloutely stunning in her video, and the song isn't bad, either.

Any uploads to Youtube will fail, though:it's exclusive to C4 and Muzu only.

Love it. This video is just Leona gold.

Just finished making my dad an introductory PJ Harvey mix CD. For all the CD's I lend him (he actually has really good music taste), I forgot about her...she's right up his alley too.

If anyone's interested, I know there are a few fans here, here's what I made, to cover her sound;

1. To Bring You My Love

2. This Mess We're In (Feat. Thom Yorke)

3. A Perfect Day Elise

4. Sheela-Na-Gig

5. Man-Size

6. White Chalk

7. Shame

8. You Said Something

9. No Girl So Sweet

10. Easy

11. Me-Jane

12. When Under Ether

13. The Wind

14. This Is Love

15. I Think I'm A Mother

16. Pocket Knife

17. Long Snake Moan

18. The Devil

19. Snake

20. Plants and Rags

21. Down By The Water

22. The Slow Drug

23. Big Exit

Missing out Rid Of Me hurts a little, but I hate how it's recorded so quietly, plus it didn't really fit anywhere.

I regret not including We Float, but it's so darn long, it would take up too much space.

Just bought Moon Safari by Air, hope it is as good as all of their other albums! What are people's favourite Air album?

That reminds me I should buy some of their albums someday. Always loved their music but never got around to buying something. Saw them live once though, was a really nice experience. =)