N-Europe

A friend of mine who went to the Glasgwo Radiohead/BFL concert said she was good, but just sounded bad because it was a massive gig.

Which is good. At least I know she's good live...I need to see her live soon. I wouldn't have minded seeing them actually, too.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I got the feeling she was really bricking it, seemed very worried that the crowd were going to hate her. After the first couple of songs she relaxed though. The crowd wasn't exactly going crazy but there was a decent applause after each song.

And if I may be allowed to go on about Radiohead for just one more post;

the audience at the glasgow show last night were something to remember. they were AMAZing.

in the pissing rain with steam coming of them.

we had a wicked time.

:smile:

*Raises hand* Yep. :smile:

Their albums are brilliant. I love them.

Be sure to listen to Serj Tankian's solo album. It's immense!

i'm a SOAD fan, but didn't you find Serj's solo album to be basically another SOAD album and consequently not half as interesting as it should have been?

Oh, and BFL - excellent, and really works well live too.

i'm a SOAD fan, but didn't you find Serj's solo album to be basically another SOAD album and consequently not half as interesting as it should have been?

In a word: Probably.

In a few sentences: I'm not sure. Yes, it does sound like another SOAD album. Yes, it could have been something different, as it's just Serj and no Daron Malakian. But, I like it a lot. ::shrug:

A mate of mine told me that Katy Perry did a cover of "Use Your Love" by The Outfield. I love the original song, but I'm loving her version even more. It's a fantastic cover, I'm in love with her voice. The fact she can actually sing live (and well) is nice.

I've been listening to some of the B-Sides that didn't make it onto her new album, and "Wish You The Worst" and "Takes One To Know One" (the start reminded me of "Gimme More") really should have been on it.

I've just listened to the Hoosiers' album on a loop for about 4 hours. Damn you PES! :blank:

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?

----

There's so many good people coming to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this year, Tricky :heart: :heart: Kate Nash :heart: Santogold :heart: :heart: Dada Noir (sound good) and Maximo Park and Lousi XIV (could be good).

Went to Projekt Revolution at the National Bowl in MK tonight, and here's what i thought of the acts:

Innerpartysystem: Were surprisingly good. never heard them before but I loved hearing them. 8/10

The Bravery: Were actually a lot better than i expected them to be. Only did 5-6 songs but were all good. 7/10

Enter Shikari: Ok, I don't care how many people love them, because they were SHIT. How you can have mosh pits to their music is beyond me, they are so tame and i hate how up themselves they were. 3/10

N.E.R.D Wow. I never even bothered to listen to these guys before tonight. Infact, i just assumed they'd be pretty average when they popped up, but wow, simply amazing. Not only was their music good their interactivity with the audience was just amazing. Pharrell is a legend. 10/10

Pendulum: Eugh. They might as well have just put on a pendulum CD and let the audience go mental to it. I couldn't even hear the guitarists, and none of the songs they performed even have lyrics (actually, the one song that DID have lyrics was sung by the guitarist haha). 1/10

Jay-Z: He was great at glastonbury and i was just hoping tonight was atleast half as good. And he was amazing. Unfortunately he didnt perform Hard-Knock Life which is my fav song by him :( 9/10

Linkin Park They were just amazing. Couldn't fault them. EVENTUALLY got them back on to do an encore and they did What I've done which was pretty cool. Apart from what they did after that i'd give them 9/10.

Linkin park and Jay-Z: So just as we're walking out of the arena some people begin to chant 'LP and Jay-Z' and then they came out and performed Numb-Encore. I creamed myself haha. 10/10

Altogether a great night, though a part of me never wants to listen to Hybrid Theory again. Can't believe i actually enjoyed papercut and Crawling live :(

Went to Projekt Revolution at the National Bowl in MK tonight, and here's what i thought of the acts:

Innerpartysystem: Were surprisingly good. never heard them before but I loved hearing them. 8/10

The Bravery: Were actually a lot better than i expected them to be. Only did 5-6 songs but were all good. 7/10

Enter Shikari: Ok, I don't care how many people love them, because they were SHIT. How you can have mosh pits to their music is beyond me, they are so tame and i hate how up themselves they were. 3/10

N.E.R.D Wow. I never even bothered to listen to these guys before tonight. Infact, i just assumed they'd be pretty average when they popped up, but wow, simply amazing. Not only was their music good their interactivity with the audience was just amazing. Pharrell is a legend. 10/10

Pendulum: Eugh. They might as well have just put on a pendulum CD and let the audience go mental to it. I couldn't even hear the guitarists, and none of the songs they performed even have lyrics (actually, the one song that DID have lyrics was sung by the guitarist haha). 1/10

Jay-Z: He was great at glastonbury and i was just hoping tonight was atleast half as good. And he was amazing. Unfortunately he didnt perform Hard-Knock Life which is my fav song by him :( 9/10

Linkin Park They were just amazing. Couldn't fault them. EVENTUALLY got them back on to do an encore and they did What I've done which was pretty cool. Apart from what they did after that i'd give them 9/10.

Linkin park and Jay-Z: So just as we're walking out of the arena some people begin to chant 'LP and Jay-Z' and then they came out and performed Numb-Encore. I creamed myself haha. 10/10

Altogether a great night, though a part of me never wants to listen to Hybrid Theory again. Can't believe i actually enjoyed papercut and Crawling live :(

LOL. Hmm, yeah.

I envy you so much :bowdown:

Looks like one hell of a line-up tbh, only reason i didn't go is because the MK Bowl is a crap venue.

I'm contemplating heading down to London on Thursday now rather than Friday so i can watch Jay-Z at Wireless in Hyde Park. The Glasto performance was brilliant, better than i was expecting (and i already had him down as the only person worth buying a Glasto ticket to see).

I was gonna go to that but the line up totally ruined it for me, Jay-Z and Linkin Park didn't go down well, so seeing it live could've been disastrous. Plus I saw Linkin Park at the O2 arena in January, so I gave it a miss.

Just got back from Glastonbury, fucking excellent :awesome:

Highlight for me was getting a handjob of some Aussie bird 5 minutes after meeting her.

Music wise Kings of Leon rocked the kasbah i'll try and remember everything I saw:

Friday:

Vampire Weekend

The Young Knives

Fun Lovin Criminals :awesome:

The Fratellis

Kings Of Leon :heart:

Saturday:

2 hours of human beatbox choir, in which some guy did the whole of out of space by the prodigy on his own with no computer wizardry

accidentally heard Alphabeats set because they where playing in the field next to the one I was sitting in.

Simian Mobile Disco

Hot Chip

Massive Attack

Sunday:

John Mayer

Neil Diamond

Goldfrapp

Leonard Cohen who was also fucking excellent.

I'm sure there was some other stuff as well but all in all it was awesome and I got sun burnt at Glastonbury how ludicrous.

Radiohead were just amazing. A couple of songs were completely transformed by the live performance and went up several notches in my estimation. Particularly, The Gloaming from Hail To The Thief became utterly epic on stage. It was so atmospheric just as the light was failing and their light show was kicking off. Fantasic.

also, Bangers and Mash was insane live. Lots of drums, lots of shouting. Lots of ka-plow!

Radiohead were just amazing. A couple of songs were completely transformed by the live performance and went up several notches in my estimation. Particularly, The Gloaming from Hail To The Thief became utterly epic on stage. It was so atmospheric just as the light was failing and their light show was kicking off. Fantasic.

also, Bangers and Mash was insane live. Lots of drums, lots of shouting. Lots of ka-plow!

Totally agree. I never really particularly thought of The Gloaming as a great song but it was amazing live, the same for Myxamotosis. In fact all the songs off HttT that they played were awesome, maybe I underestimated that album.

And Bangers and Mash, is that the one that Thom played on that miniture drumkit for? Wicked song, don't understand why that didn't make it onto disc 1 of In Rainbows.

Yeah that's the one. It was fucking fantastic.

I think HTTT is generally underrated. I'm not really sure why though- I think that at the high points it's some of the best work they've done.

one song that really shone last night was Fake Plastic Trees. I'm not the biggest fan of The Bends (I think they got better after that) but they did this one so, so well. The rock out at the end just blew my mind out my face. It was fucking brilliant.