N-Europe

I've listened to all those albums and Graduation should be higher (if in 5 years people made a list of the best albums in 07, it would easily top it).

American Gangster should be in there too; it's the return of a legend.

Also, Infinity on High is overrated imo. It's good, but to say it's the best album this year is...hmm.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Oh my god! *shouts in ecstacy at the Spark video*

I love. My spiritual twin.

Anyway;

Under The Pink - In the main HMV for £15 ( :( )

To Venus And Back - In the main Virgin for £20 (:shakehead ) or in the main HMV for £17 (:( )

Strange Little Girls - Nowhere I've seen. I'll have to resort to amazon methinks.

It's depressing.

I think I'd shell out £15 for under the pink, mainly because its so good, but yeah you're right about the £20! Madness! Strange Little Girls is very rare unfortunately and imo not her best. But it's Tori, so it's a must have anyway. Cornflake Girl ftw!

I bought Battles and Neon Bible yesterday aswell as The Format's Dog Problems came in the post yesterday.

They all sound really good even slightly dissapointed in Neon Bible but Battles are really starting to grow on me.

Just a quick question about Dog Problems (I'm guessing Ashley will be the one to answer this), does it come without a booklet inside with the lyrics etc?

Just found an article from an american magazine that had printed the 10 best albums of 07 by public vote. (I will find the link in a minute)

10. Avril lavigne- The Best Damn Thing.

9. Mika- Life in Cartoon Motion

8. Maroon 5- It Wont Be Soon Before Long

7. Rihanna- Good Girl Gone Bad

6. Timbaland- Shock Value

5.Foo Fighters- Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace.

4. Kanye West- Graduation

3. The White Stripes- Icky Thump

2. The Arcade Fire- Neon Bible

1. Fall Out Boy- Infinity On High.

Agree, disagree?

Only Arcade Fire deservers to be on that list, and the only other decent artists are the Foos and the White Stripes, although there are probably a lot nicer albums out than ESPG and Icky Thump (which I haven't heard). Mika and Kanye are understandable to a degree, but Fall Out Boy, Timbaland and Rihanna are a disgrace really.

I've never listened to CSS, heard them mentioned a billion times. What are they like?

Anyone listen to Ra? The French techno-artist.

CSS are pretty funky. They are a weird Brazilian pop band. I bought tickets because Justice were playing....Then I thought I should listen to CSS since I was going to see them! :heh:

I'll see if I can give Ra a listen. I love French techno! :yay:

Any thoughts?

Yeah it does.

Well, its a cardboard sleeve with two dogs on the front, and then theres a multilayered booklet with different layers of dogs, and then credits then lyrics. Best album design I've ever seen.

I loath people that can't appreciate other peoples taste in music, however bad they think it may be. Bugs the hell out of me when I get told something I like sucks and in the end find myself embarrased to say if I like a certain band or not. (I'm not saying someone can't say a band you like sucks, thats fine. I'm saying it's annoying having to get to the point where I'm having to think about what I'm saying before I say it when talking to someone about music tastes sometimes.)

/rant over.

They've only just finished their tour recently I think... They don't tour the UK that often. Your best bet is hoping they headline some of the festivals next year, either at Creamfields or Global Gathering, (they did play O2 wireless last July).