NEurope

I've been waiting. I'm uninterested by it at the moment.

This. I know I should love them but the click is yet to happen.

Band from my yoof what I've rediscovered and adore

Architecture in Helsinki

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The album stuns ultimate

http://open.spotify.com/album/20aeUuSYIKUQdkrM2BobwY

You should all lyk listen In Case We Die.

lolbadpuns

FYI, gents, 6Music are doing a documentary today at 3 on the life of John Bonham, drummer in Led Zep. Should be interesting.

That said, it took Fiona Apple 4 years to truly click for me (i.e beyond passing "like") and now she's been on repeat for the last week non-stop.

7 years for me. finally "clicked" with her last month. wonderful artist.

or else you will DIE, you never fail me.

I'm swaying.

I was reading about them in the paper, apparently they formed after one was the waiter for the other in a restaurant in New York. Most cool.

Anyway, just got round to listening to the album at last. Fucking wicked.

FYI, gents, 6Music are doing a documentary today at 3 on the life of John Bonham, drummer in Led Zep. Should be interesting.

This was good. Recommended for People With Ears.

That album art reminds me of 'Music Has The Right..''s artwork....

Congratulations with Veckatimest Chair :)

So today I borrowed these from the library:

lightninggggg.jpg

and...

6a00c2251f82f3549d00c2252292218fdb-500pi

£1 for both of them, my library dropped it's rental prices today :)

Fancied a Metallica album...did I choose one of the good ones? :P I just know I liked 'For Whom The Bell Tolls'. Glad I found that Kraftwerk CD as well, that would've been £12 or to buy =/.

If anyone's into the realms of baroque pop, and would like to add a few songs that you might know of that employ the aural pleasures of the Harpsichord, then please feel free to do so into this playlist. Grazie :hug:

Does it have to be Harpsichord, or can it just be Baroque pop?

Yay! New In This Moment song released today. Shame it's only available on iTunes at the moment. Album is out in July apparently so I look forward to that.

Warning: Contains heavy metal and screaming so Paj/Chair don't bother listening ;)

Not sure what to make of it. Sounds like they're going back to a similar style seen on the Beautiful Tragedy album, which is great, but doesn't quite get there in comparison to the whole of that album, which I love. I'll reserve judgement until the full album is released.

And just something else I've been listening to because it's just so good:

Time for maths!

Christina Hendricks + Broken Bells = Yay

Also Scarfman I am in the process of listening to Sleigh Bells. Not much has hit me (although its pleasing overall) except Rill Rill which I enjoyed. Coincidentally.

Edited by Ashley

Steel Train have announced their wide array of new album options. One in particular looks interesting:

Terrible Thrills Vol. 1 is a companion album to Steel Train that features each of the self-titled album’s twelve tracks reinterpreted, reimagined and remixed by some of the band’s favorite female artists.

Including (in order of appearance):

Scarlett Johansson

Tegan and Sara

Holly Miranda

Deradoorian

Alia Shawkat (her?)

Amanda Palmer

Elizabeth & the Catapult

Charlotte Caffey & Astrid McDonald

Anna Waronker

Rachel Antonoff

Some interesting choices. I wasn't aware Rachel Antonoff did anything other than fashion but I suppose having a brother in the band helps. So ten artists and 12 tracks. Wonder whose doubling up. As T&S are 2nd and the 2nd track is Turnpike Ghost I hope they're doing that at least. Curious to see what Alia Shawkat does too.

I kind of want the "I Turn My Camera On" version as well, partially because of the Spoon reference :p

Listening to 'Ride The Lightning' and I likes it a lot....finally think I'm starting to get metal :) Or at least, the appeal of metal.

I love that T&S are finally getting the recognition they deserve as THE stunners to turn to when you need it.

HowtoDestroyAngels-EP-DigitalCoverA.jpg

HTDA has released a free 6-track EP. I'm listening to it now, and I'm liking what I hear that isn't the songs previously released (The Space In Between and A Drowning).

Also, the name is far to metal sounding for what the music is.

I love that T&S are finally getting the recognition they deserve as THE stunners to turn to when you need it.

I think Jack and the girls go back a long time :p

They've always been well known/loved in certain circles but are starting to widen.

So is anyone here going to Rage Factor this weekend? I'm setting off on an 11 hour coach journey on Saturday night to get there. Lounge around London all day before the gig :p And then slumming it overnight at the coach station until 9am for an 11hour return journey :X Should be worth it though!

Oh, and these guys are supporting. I think I'm looking forward to them almost as much as Rage.

Warning: Contains heavy metal and screaming so Paj/Chair don't bother listening ;)

I actually listened to it the other day, I didn't realised you posted that. :nono: :wink:

In any case, it's not the sounds of "typical heavy metal" (however much of a misnomer that may be to people in the know) that put me off, it's the (to me) dull, heard-it-all-before execution I keep hearing in it (not all of it). I find no suggestion of actual aggression or power in most stuff I hear. A lot I can appreciate on a technical level, but that's personally not why I listen to music usually.

My current favourite band is Sleigh Bells, who embody the concept of "FUCK! IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!" so more enjoyably to me.

I find no suggestion of actual aggression or power in most stuff I hear.

This. Most stuff feels really contrived.

Play me something that's genuine.

My current favourite band is Sleigh Bells, who embody the concept of "FUCK! IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!" so more enjoyably to me.

tennis%20celebration.jpg

I don't have too much information, I'm sure the presenter on Radio 1 said the artist, album or track was called "absorbing" but I could be wrong. He also said the album was just released a few weeks ago.

The song was a really catchy summer tune, with a acoustic guitar riff playing throughout the whole track.

Any ideas? This is killing me!

Have you checked the playlists on the BBC Radio One website? They usually have an A, B and C list. It's probably in there somewhere.

Or have your phone on standby constantly to Shazam the mtfkr.

Have you checked the playlists on the BBC Radio One website? They usually have an A, B and C list. It's probably in there somewhere.

Thanks for that, I didn't know about the playlists.

Had a look at a few but still no luck :(

I don't have too much information, I'm sure the presenter on Radio 1 said the artist, album or track was called "absorbing" but I could be wrong. He also said the album was just released a few weeks ago.

The song was a really catchy summer tune, with a acoustic guitar riff playing throughout the whole track.

Any ideas? This is killing me!

Pretty certain it's this :)

(ab)zorbing