NEurope

Erm... congrats Coolness... I guess.

----------------------------------

Prince - Purple Rain An excellent album though I feel I would have enjoyed it more had I listened to it a long time ago, one of my favourite tracks on it has to be Darling Nikki as it's downright dirty from the start and is sung stunningly well.

The Eraser - Thom Yorke It may not be Radiohead but this is still a well-rounded and tightly focused album with many excellent tracks including my personal favourite Black Swan which I genuinely loved upon first listening.

Homework - Daft Punk An excellent Electronica album, the duo lay down some damn fine beats, the voice samples are cool but they could be saying anything and it'd still be 'cool' tbh I mean, it's Daft Punk so it's all about the beats really, also is it just me or after a while of listening to 'around the world' doesn't it sound like 'a random world'? just thought I'd throw that out there :p anyway, I loved.

I've never listened to The Eraser. :o I probably should.

^ You really should if you get the chance to Paj... I think you'd enjoy it :) I was fortunate enough to pick it up along with the other two aforementioned albums for a collective price of about £6.50 which I couldn't really say no to and am glad I invested in now.

Listening to it now. :)

--

So I listened to Christina Aguilera's new album...I always try and give her stuff a go, I do like her voice and nostalgia as her second album was one of my first/favourite years ago. She also has a shred more artistic credibility than most of her contemporaries.

However, it's awful. Full of itself to the point of annoyance (literally, she goes on about her greatness) and shite attempts and capturing the "chart" sound comes off as dated and awkward. The ballads are nice however, as they're written/produced by Sia, and as such sound like Sia songs, sung very nicely by Aguilera, which more restraint than usual.

The Santigold tracks had potential but come up flat.

Yeah, bad. I know most of you wouldn't care though. :grin:

thicon73.gif

5000 MILEY CYRUS PLAYS GET! :grin:

thicon73.gif

thicon73.gif

Sorry for your loss. :woops:

I've never listened to The Eraser. :o I probably should.

WHAT THE FU--

Listening to it now. :)

:

oh hey man.

[scottish woman] I luhv Spotify! Ah can lissen to all mah feevrette choons on the weey t'college! Am at Edinburgh's Telford College...it's really buzzing right noow, and more people are st t'join in the action in the new term, so things are gonna get even better![/scottish woman]

I know I get adverts on Spotify because I don't pay, but WHY do they repeat the SAME bloody advert every break? They go on about "making the right ads appear for you" or whatever, but I'd rather just hear ads not meant for me after hearing this whiny bitch go on about how good Telford College is (lies tbf).

---

Also, I'm stunned.

spotify:album:3mjMunzEPvzb8TcRNOigdP

I love that song. The whole album's really good, I listened to it after seeing them live, they weren't all that great/representative of the album.

Yeah agreed, saw them supporting BfL last year, probably the same for you. Needed live drumming / more than just the three of them methinks.

In other news, US pulled out of Glasto and replaced by Gorillaz. Want.

Been listening to a lot (and I mean a LOT) of Cosmology, the new album by Rolo Tomassi. I had never heard anything by them before buying the album on Monday and I'm so glad I bought the album because it's incredible. I bought 3 other albums at the same time and having listened to this through completely one time, I couldn't concentrate to listen to the other stuff I bought as I just wanted to keep listening to Cosmology.

Trying to describe the sound is impossible as it mashes up different styles throughout, bringing in heavy guitar riffs, loud drums, synths and keyboards as well as screams and softly sung lyrics. It really is one of the best albums I've ever heard. The editting is just so well done as most of the songs spill over into each other, rather than being confined to a start and an end within say a 3 minute period.

And while the album is awesome as a whole, it's the last 4 songs that really make it so good. The ending track alone, an 8 minute track titled Cosmology, is just incredible.

I love it when I randomly pick up CDs and it works out as well as this. Unfortunately, it has meant I haven't been able to listen to Immersion by Pendulum or Stone Temple Pilots by STP by I'll give them a listen eventually.

My favourite new track for a long, long time. Awesome album, too!

Pendulum - The Island Part i

In other news, U2 pulled out of Glasto and replaced by Gorillaz. Want.

Best. Spinal injury. Ever.

This Paloma Faith...thing is attempting to sing on BBC1 now. She is damn ugly.

To celebrate the Expert guitar gold stars I got on Beatles: Rock Band. I do love it :)

Got my Rage Factor ticket this morning, but none of my comrades were lucky enough to get one. I suppose I could always find a lookalike to pass it on to.

I'll keep it brief:

28129_396471931492_536116492_4526889_4419740_n.jpg

- Didn't play any The Format songs (which I kind of liked. Would have loved to have seen them live but the times they are a-changin'). Played Radio Gaga though :)

- Jack was there which surprised me (he's in the band, but also in Steel Train and as they're touring in the States at the moment didn't expect him).

- Thus ends their tour. Off to make new material which means probably won't see them for a year :( Would enjoy seeing them every two months.

- Emily :heart:

- The fans started singing before the band (after the instrumental intro). Loved that :D

Oh wait:

From everyone that I talk to, and everyone who works with us in the UK, the plan is to come back at least two more times before the end of the year.

I can handle that.

Edited by Ashley

^ What an excellent way to get 'more' out of an album that's already given so much, I must admit I haven't listened to La Roux for a good while since having her album on 'replay' near constantly when it came out but I'll certainly be giving this Major Lazer remix a full listen, thanks Paj. :)

Also, I'm loving the coverart with La Roux in her blatantly Samus Aran inspired battle suit. :grin:

Edited by S.C.G

MMMMMMMAAAAAAAJJJJJJJOOORRRRR LLLAAAZZZZZZEEEEERRRRRR! :grin:

I was not expecting such awesomeness this morning! :D

I love Major Lazer. :heart: Lazerproof, BIG LULZ! :laughing:

Also, I'm loving the coverart with La Roux in her blatantly Samus Aran inspired battle suit. :grin:

Dude. I haven't even watched the films or read the comics but even I know...

iron_man_beats_cap.jpg

Yeah it's the Iron Man 2 poster. :) It does look fairly Samus-y though.

Just gave Uffie's album a listen. Not really worth the million years it took to make. Entertaining in a distracting way though.

Dude. I haven't even watched the films or read the comics but even I know...

iron_man_beats_cap.jpg

Ah fair enough my bad but in my defence the style of the suit does still look Samus-like...

1240679747282.jpg

But yes more like Iron Man overall, I just figured because it was La Roux it may have been Samus inspired because of the female-ness.

Only given one track a listen so far, judging from that it's a pretty good mix. :)

Internet is going crazy over Hayley William's topless photo Twitter mistake.

2wodixc.jpg

Edited by Dante

For all you Neil Patrick Harris fans, he's a musical villain in a BRILLIANT episode of The Brave and the Bold.

(I love the fact Clock King is here)

Edited by Paj!