NEurope

Ah fair enough my bad but in my defence the style of the suit does still look Samus-like...

But yes more like Iron Man overall, I just figured because it was La Roux it may have been Samus inspired because of the female-ness.

Only given one track a listen so far, judging from that it's a pretty good mix. :)

There is a Samus vibe and maybe there is some influence in there but I'd imagine a lot more of Iron Man, simply because its more within the zeitgeist.

Internet is going crazy over Hayley William's topless photo Twitter mistake.

I am part of this internet of which you speak and I couldn't give a fuck.

In spite of Razz's best efforts I still don't get this Tori Amos thing...

Have you listened to many of her tracks/albums Ash? I'd be happy to recommend you some if you like... I may not be as well 'versed' in her works as a certain few others on the forum are and for what it's worth I didn't quite 'get' Tori for a good while but I do have a recently acquired admiration for her contribution towards music. :)

Disagree? Well that's you and I'm sorry.

Arrggghhh what's that from.....

....Moulin Rouge?

I'ma keep playing those cats like Atari

High-heeled shoes, gettin love from the dudes

4 bad-ass chicks from moulin rouge! :D

I think that's it anyway. That's stayed in my head for years. Though I used to think it was "love from the jews".

Distant Relatives by Nas and Damian Marley.

Holy crap this shit is mindblowing.

In very important music news, new Arcade Fire tracks from their forthcoming album:

Katie Melua's new album sucks big time. Not that that's surprising.

^ Yes! Good track that one. Listened to it for the first time last night and liked it very much. Have only given the album a fleeting look but there are some really good tracks in there (Witchcraft, The Island, Part 1: Dawn, Self vs. Self). Have to thank you for posting Watercolour a few weeks back otherwise I'd never have bought the album so thanks :D

Have you listened to many of her tracks/albums Ash? I'd be happy to recommend you some if you like... I may not be as well 'versed' in her works as a certain few others on the forum are and for what it's worth I didn't quite 'get' Tori for a good while but I do have a recently acquired admiration for her contribution towards music. :)

Drop stuff in my Spotify inbox as that's easier. Razz has already flown 'She's Your Cocaine', 'A Soda [Yes, she says soda. You can't argue with that] Fairytale' and 'Not David Bowie' [Clearly :p].

Its just not for me I think. Her voice can be quite hit and miss and most of the time it sounds like she's hit a cat. Plus at times (to me) she seems like a hippy art teacher that's still a little stoned from the 60s and decided to sing.

Drop stuff in my Spotify inbox as that's easier. Razz has already flown 'She's Your Cocaine', 'A Soda [Yes, she says soda. You can't argue with that] Fairytale' and 'Not David Bowie' [Clearly :p].

Its just not for me I think. Her voice can be quite hit and miss and most of the time it sounds like she's hit a cat. Plus at times (to me) she seems like a hippy art teacher that's still a little stoned from the 60s and decided to sing.

Well to be fair two of the 3 you mentioned fall into "sassy cunt rock" or whatever which is entertaining but not her definitive thing. A Sorta Fairytale I love, but again is very radio friendly. I believe in dropping you into the deep end. Listen to the shiz I posted as she's better live, but I'll throw some shit into your mailbox too.

I don't like her voice now. It's different. Her voice up until 2004 is my favourite thing though.

Bliss (or Bleece) and Spark are the 2 Tori Amos songs I'd first recommend. They're both really solid; the former inspires a feeling of "come on, we can win this if we keep up the pressure", and the latter just feels really climatic.

And Cornflake Girl and A Sorta Fairytale, but they're more obvious.

I actually genuinely stunned by Treats ^. It feels like I've never heard crashing symbol-y noises before now, or that they've never been in my consciousness, and they're for some reason only coming to light as a possible sound to listen to now.

It does feel like all the songs have invulnerability. Could be sung by Power Girl and Red Tornado.

A mildly interesting/provoking tidbit;

This week, Lady Gaga’s latest single “Alejandro” climbed to #9 on the United World Chart, making The Fame (Monster) the only album in history to deliver seven worldwide Top 10 hits! Michael Jackson’s Thriller contains six songs that reached Top 10 on the chart.

So the King has been "toppled". However it seems a bit of an iffy one...half of those singles are from The Fame Monster is which is treated like a seperate album by some people, and just a repackaged version of the original by others. It doesn't really count IMO.

I've been waiting. I'm uninterested by it at the moment.

That said, it took Fiona Apple 4 years to truly click for me (i.e beyond passing "like") and now she's been on repeat for the last week non-stop.