NEurope

Only Love Can Break Your Heart has so much ass, and makes me feel more continental than I already am. Takes me back to being on a Vespa.

If it can automatically fill in the album names for me I'm all over it.

Oh, and it'd need to change the ID3 tags on the mp3 file, not just in the library.

I know you can update album info on it, and that it will search the internet and give you a few options to fill it in with (so you'll need to do it an album at a time). I'm not 100% sure if it does the ID3 tags, but I think it does.

Just been listening though Daft's playlist..

Liking eet icon14.gif

Only Love Can Break Your Heart has so much ass, and makes me feel more continental than I already am. Takes me back to being on a Vespa.

The jokes of that song (their kind "famous" one, the single everyone turns to when first discovering them) is that it's not even sung by Sarah Cracknell (the main singer). It's a guest vocalist. IIRC, they were gonna do that, a la Massive Attack (sortof...), having various people do the singing, but then Ms. Cracknell killed everyone else and became lead singer.

Interestingly, in Tori Amos' Northern Lad, I always heard it as:

Girls you've got to know when to turn the page;

When you're only wed because of the ring.

But the actual lyric is:

Girls you've got to know when to turn the page;

When you're only wet because of the rain.

Stunningly, both convey the same meaning, except the real one is more sexy.

Oh, that's interesting. Tbf, she does say it as "..only we-edh", so yeah. But the real one is better in it's own way.

---

Thanks everyone who put stuff in that Spotify playlist. Heard a couple before, like Camille, who I've loved for ages. But I really liked Mazzy Star, Gotan Project and that Chemical Brothers song.

Oh, that's interesting. Tbf, she does say it as "..only we-edh", so yeah. But the real one is better in it's own way.

Yeah, ties more into the whole "I'm drenched"/"You leave me dry" mythos.

Utterly brilliant interview with GaGa in the Times. (Well I say interview, it's not that in the conventional sense. More "a day/night with").

She comes across so warm and genuine. It's a stark comparison to how she came across in interviews when she first came out. She describes the Alejandro video as "...a celebration and an admiration of gay love – it confesses my envy of the courage and bravery they require to be together."

article-1274268664147-09A6B7BF000005DC-259497_636x349.jpg

--

Jack Johnson's new one.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm sick to fuck with Lady Gaga. It's gotten to the point where she's analogous to Jade Goody; her level of fame and renown is so out of proportion to her actual merit it makes me want to choke something. This "celebration of gay love" is fucking pathetic, because its entirely superimposed. I just wish people would stop insisting on crawling up her sizeable arsehole and shouting defensive inanities for someone whose appeal goes no further than a cheap thrill when your brain is sufficiently addled with intoxicants.

Eat shit and die die die.

Said it lots of times: she's important because she's visible etc etc.

I just wish she'd write some good music for once.

In the meantime, why not just revel in one of the Trion's light:

volta_wallpaper_01.jpg

Edited by chairdriver

Yeah but she wont because she doesn't have to. Everyone will continue to be dazzled by her sparkles and style.

Its like the old saying; attractive women don't need to be good in bed.

Today has involved listening to The Gaslight Anthem quite a bit. They've been heavily promoted by Kerrang! in their magazine and I'd never bothered to check them out and see why but listening to their stuff, I now see why.

And I swear the start of that song sounds very familiar. Can't damn well remember the name of the song or the artist its by but I'm sure I've heard something similar to how that one starts. Really good though. Liking them a lot.

Daft Punk - Short Circuit is just amazing. I think my favourite track on Discovery. The second half, with headphones and bass cranked up high is mind melting.

That or Something About Us.

Something About Us is amazing. Easily one of my favourites from the album. The whole album is amazing, in my top 5 albums I reckon.

Playing Red Dead Redemption has reminded me of a song my Dad used to listen to in the car when I was younger:

I love that song.

Edited by Goafer

Yeah so I want a tattoo relating either to comics/a superhero (but not a shite one, like Spider-man in a cliche pose, one that actually means something to me - probably an X-man of some sort) or a song from Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair. This is far and away my favourite album I think.

Apart from Untrue by Burial, I've never heard an album so encapsulate the feeling of isolation in a city.

Lol, I was glad that wasn't on there! It's the one you automatically think about, although in my case, try to avoid (I don't like it).

The whole of Seventh Tree by Goldfrapp is very summery, props for those tracks. Same with Head First too actually.

Lol, I was glad that wasn't on there! It's the one you automatically think about, although in my case, try to avoid (I don't like it).

The whole of Seventh Tree by Goldfrapp is very summery, props for those tracks. Same with Head First too actually.

Yeah! Very true. Listened to Seventh Tree all the way through for the first time yesterday. Rather love it.

Wasn't sure where to post this but I just managed to play this on the piano this morning.

I'm well chuffed. :smile:

thicon73.gif

5000 MILEY CYRUS PLAYS GET! :grin:

thicon73.gif

thicon73.gif

Edited by Coolness Bears
Automerged Doublepost

For utter in love

I love that song. The whole album's really good, I listened to it after seeing them live, they weren't all that great/representative of the album.