NEurope

I'm struggling to listen to it as Youtube is being incredibly shit right now. I don't torrent either =P

Nice to know it comes highly recommended though. Apparently We Are The Night was complete crap :confused:

I liked WATN, personally. No idea what kind of reception it got but it's got some sick tracks on.

Edit:

Approaching their sixth album, the Chemical Brothers may have felt like James Murphy did on LCD Soundsystem's Losing My Edge - that "the kids" are coming up from behind. With young pups Justice and Digitalism currently white-hot in dance circles, Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons have a lot to prove if they are to live up to what their album title claims. They do so brilliantly on Do It Again, a subterranean romp with east-London hipster Ali Love questioning his hedonistic pursuits; and the Klaxons hint that there will be life after rave as the new Blur on All Rights Reversed. On an album already steeped in psychedelia, it seems a given that The Pills Won't Help You Now will be about a bad batch of ecstasy; this Midlake collaboration is emotionally taut and heartfelt. With their reputations at stake, the Chems have conjured their most brilliant work since 1999's Surrender. Losing their edge? Not a bit of it.

4 Stars

so, uh, guess not.

Wait...Jedward are covering Blink's 'All The Small Things'.

What? Why?

What? Why?

Because they have absolutely nowhere near enough talent to write their own music, only enough to vaugely sing and prat about on stage so they'll always be limited to performing crap covers that are embellishd with glitter and fireworks on stage to compensate for the banality. [/rant]

Also yes you're right, I too thought to myself 'why?' it's not exactly a song that 'needs' covering.

Well yeah obviously but that song is a random one. They seem more Avril Lavigne than Blink 182.

I don't care, I think she's fantastic. Absolutely loved seeing her live. Had no idea she'd have such a commanding stage presence. Plus, over the top pop? Love.

There's a great mix of this and Daft Punk's 'One More Time' too ('The Boy Who Murdered Punk')

Edited by Slaggis

I've always seen them as really shit ;)

That's what I was getting at. They're aimed at people who like shit music but won't admit they do because they're scared of being judged uncool.

That's what I was getting at. They're aimed at people who like shit music but won't admit they do because they're scared of being judged uncool.

Your music snobbery knows no bounds.

That's not really snobbery per se. Music can be shit, but still enjoyable. I'm the first to like Lady Gaga.

No one cares about religion or what Katy Perry thinks.

On the basis of her lastest atrocity, I think Perry needs to be focusing on her own music first!

Seriously, that song means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of a few L.A. bimbo's who'll use it as their anthem. Fucking L.A!

I liked WATN, personally. No idea what kind of reception it got but it's got some sick tracks on.

Edit:

so, uh, guess not.

I was thinking of this un from Pitchfork:

The Chemical Brothers' descent into ineptitude is at least accompanied by a few brief highlights: "Saturate" plays like one of Surrender's acid house throwbacks, complete with Bill Ward-size drums, while "A Modern Midnight Conversation"-- based on a whipcrack cowbell beat and the bassline from Crystal Grass' 1974 psych-disco classic "Crystal World"-- is as euphoric as anything they've done this decade short of "Star Guitar." But those flashes of effortless dancefloor-filling greatness used to be the norm for the Chemical Brothers; as exceptions on an album of colossal blunders, they can only serve as fleeting reminders. I once found it hard to fathom that Dig Your Own Hole was released ten years ago; it's easier to believe now.

Their score for it was 3.8.

Still though, if the new one is good who cares :D

What? Why?

WTF

I'm not happy about this.

Oooooh I go away for a week, come back and there's a new Chemical Brothers album leak? Fuck yes. I'll sort it out later.

gaga--300x450.jpg

Lady Gaga put on a very special show this week for the high school that made her life miserable -- clearly delivering the message, I'm a star, the rest of you aren't and you can all go to hell.

Her command performance at her little sister's graduation at the Convent of the Sacred Heart, on East 91st Street at Fifth Avenue Tuesday, was her way of rubbing the school's face in the mud, several of her pals told The Post.

The Sacred Heart kids who made her an outcast because of her driving ambition to be star and her parents' inability to buy her fancy clothing and purses could only watch in wonder as the girl they once knew as Stefani Germanotta wowed another awestruck audience.

Good for her.

Edited by Dante

Inability to buy her expensive clothes? Wait, I'm sure I read somewhere her father was pretty damn rich. Or am I going insane?

--

Cannot stop listening to Kylie's new track. It's a nice slice of classy sounding pop, and beats the hell out of the 2 Hearts era.

Inability to buy her expensive clothes? Wait, I'm sure I read somewhere her father was pretty damn rich. Or am I going insane?

Notice it says "fancy clothing"; I think it's more the fact that straight people don't know how to dress interestingly.

(Sweeping statement that's probably true about 80% of the time).

Edited by chairdriver

Notice it says "fancy clothing"; I think it's more the fact that straight people don't know how to dress interestingly.

What a moronic statement.

I love how even when you're so obviously making a completely fabricated point, you manage to sound like you 100% believe in what you're saying. I can't decide whether you're fully aware it was a silly statement, or that you're completely deluded. You confuse me.