NEurope

Lady Gaga's new video was just released. It's her gayest yet and contains some moments that look close to rape, but aesthetically it's her most consistent and best video yet.

Hmm, yeah it's decent. I like the distinct lack of fuss/product placement/needless insanity, as that means it all hangs together better. There's a dodgy bit near the end that just serves to extend the song pointlessly, with some odd effects going on that don't quite work, but it's aesthetically all fairly good.

Reads a little like a checklist of bits Steven Klein likes. I recognised some things from his previous video works;

That's one of her songs that I quite like, i.e that didn't lose it's cheap charm after a few listens. The video I quite liked too...apart from the hair and mincing.

call me lazy... but i couldnt be arsed to track back through 689 pages but...

Has Download Festival been mentioned anywere in this thread?

any of you guys going? i assume alot of people know what it is and who's playing.

i would post a link but cant post links yet (i'm a silly n00b still :p )

HALLO AGIN!

Well I thought there was a proper Download thread but I couldn't find it. There is a Festivals 2010! thread, and it's only two pages long, and you're welcome to resurrect it, and if there's enough Download chatter I'll rip it a new thread for ya.

On a side note, Audioslave's first album, fucking hell this thing has aged so well! Show Me How To Live, amazing.

Audioslave's first album is the only one of theirs that clicked with me. Loads of good tracks on it. The lyrics were what got me the first time around.

Been awhile since I've listened to Audioslave but yes, their first album is great. Love Like A Stone even if it is the most obvious track to like on the album. Has reminded me though that I never got round to picking up their last album, Revelations, so should get round to doing that.

I like Audioslaves music, but I really am not a fan of Chris Cornell's singing. As a result there are only a few of his songs I can even listen to.

O_o

tumblr_l3phmx8FTQ1qzzaelo1_500.jpg

:laughing:

Poor blokes its like a bunch of infant school lads who've been attacked by their mums before the yearly school photo.

Daft Punk song of the week,

Ouverture

Why it isn't on any of their studio albums is beyond me.

Daft Punk song of the week,

Ouverture

Why it isn't on any of their studio albums is beyond me.

Maybe it just didn't fit into their albums? Down Is The New Up is one of the best Radiohead songs in my opinion, but it doesn't really fit anywhere, not even on In Rainbows, so they had to put it on an extra disc.

No one cares about religion or what Katy Perry thinks.

Alright fuck this gaga nonsense- The Chemical Brothers are much more interesting! new album is tasty as fuck.

Only heard the new single, swoon, so far, but if the rest of the album is as delicious I will be very much satisfied.

I love that someone RTed that to her adding "and using sexuality to sell records is so much more mature" (or "and using sexuality as a joke" or whatever, something snarky)

Maybe it just didn't fit into their albums? Down Is The New Up is one of the best Radiohead songs in my opinion, but it doesn't really fit anywhere, not even on In Rainbows, so they had to put it on an extra disc.

True, that. I thought it was released before Discovery. Turns out it came out a couple years before Human After All.

Didn't she sing a song that was considered as "blasphemy" over in America? Plus, there's no bigger blasphemy than having something to do with....him.

what is this I don't even

The most derivative thing I've ever heard.

Do you mean derogative?

No.

As in everything in the song I've heard elsewhere.

But then I suppose yours could apply as well.

We Are Scientists England World Cup Song

Probably better than the original...but I've not heard it.

Although it did make me laugh that the line "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" (from the Dizzee & Fat Cunt song) has had complaints for promoting hooliganism.

Alright fuck this gaga nonsense- The Chemical Brothers are much more interesting! new album is tasty as fuck.

I'm struggling to listen to it as Youtube is being incredibly shit right now. I don't torrent either =P

Nice to know it comes highly recommended though. Apparently We Are The Night was complete crap :confused:

Really? I would say the most derivative thing around right now is this:

Worst thing is it's not just derivative it's also catchy. Having it stuck in your head is like living in a beige world with only rice crackers to eat.

doesitlooklikeimhere200.jpg

Emeralds - Does it look like I'm here?

I gave it a listen on Spotify and it's one of the most refreshing, surprising and generally good listens I've had since Tarot Sport. Really want to own it now.

Really? I would say the most derivative thing around right now is this:

Worst thing is it's not just derivative it's also catchy. Having it stuck in your head is like living in a beige world with only rice crackers to eat.

I don't ever hear any chart music really, beyond stuff like Lady GaGa that I have some interest in. My little cousin always buys the NOW albums, so I give them a listen when they come out, take what I like. The most recent NOW was awful in this regard...stuff I'd heard mentioned like Tinie Tempah I assumed were meant to be decent, and was just "...".

I'd never heard that Usher song. I kinda hoped he'd left my life forever, but I should be so lucky. (Talking of catchiness, I've had the hook of that Katy Perry song in my head all day too...)