NEurope

Just got to say, that Goldfrapp Remix of Depeche Mode is beyond amazing. It's been stuck on repeat. Honestly can't get enough of it.

Which one? Goldfrapp have remixed them twice (or more).

Is everything you listen to from TV shows? :p

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

wugg7l.jpg

Radio on the TV ([noparse]spotify:user:ashleytwo:playlist:3llk3M1A87KmASkMFqNmEJ[/noparse]) - 53 random songs that have been featured on shows I watch. Mostly Chuck, Gossip Girl, Scrubs, Veronica Mars, Nip/Tuck with the odd dash of Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, Buffy and Angel (and maybe others that I've already forgotten).

Well that was a nice procrastination exercise.

Edited by Ashley

Yeah kind of rocking the same vibe as you. No love for Drunk Girls though? Instant classic. :hehe:

Drunk Girls is ace, nice to have a smaller song on the album.

My favourites are probably...Pow Pow and One Touch. But only just, the entire thing is unreal.

Loving LCD Soundsystem ('s new album) so far, considering the random here-and-there tracks I'd heard before didn't particularly grab me.

---

Ys, f crs.

Drunk Girls form LCD Soundsystem is ace. I quite like most of the album.

Anyway, now that I have Spotify on my phone, I think that It's about time to me to expand my music interests. Plus my journey to/from work is perfect for an album or two. It's just too easy to add an album to a playlist and have it download automatically on my phone.

So I would certainly love some album recommendations to add to a list. As long as they're on Spotify.

Everyone's going on about it so gave Drunk Girls by LCD Soundsystem a listen/watch. Yeah, it's good. I don't have a spotify account so I'll have to look up the rest of the album on youtube or something. I think what made Drunk Girls so good, though, was partly the video. I'm presuming this is the official video (hosted by parlophone on youtube so must be) but it's awesome:

Sure I was recommended LCD Soundsystem before now and did check them out but was so long ago so yes, will need to look into them more.

Drunk Girls form LCD Soundsystem is ace. I quite like most of the album.

Anyway, now that I have Spotify on my phone, I think that It's about time to me to expand my music interests. Plus my journey to/from work is perfect for an album or two. It's just too easy to add an album to a playlist and have it download automatically on my phone.

So I would certainly love some album recommendations to add to a list. As long as they're on Spotify.

I've been revisiting some of my favourite summery albums;

Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etienne

Young Forever by Aberfeldy

Grow Up And Blow Away by Metric

Tidal by Fiona Apple (I consider this summery...or rather I associate it with summer)

I really recommend Dry by PJ Harvey.

As the bio says, it's just so fully realised and focused as an album. Solid in every way.

I kinda wish it had been the first thing I'd ever heard of PJ Harvey, because it's the most hard-hitting vocals-wise; when you hear, you know the woman has power. I would have been stunned if I had been old enough to appreciate it at release.

Oh My Lover is my favourite opener to any album. It just starts so abruptly, and it's so pained. As though she's singing from a bleak place, calling for a room of her own.

Sheela-Na-Gig is the most obvious one. Normally with albums I hate recommending the singles, because they're not necessarily the best, but in this case, Sheela-Na-Gig actually stuns.

Fountain is my favourite overall though. Reminds me of Lord Of The Rings, fighting quite well but in vain against a fire demon on the top of a hill.

Yeah Dry is awesome. I prefer it to Rid Of Me (I feel they're a pair, since they were recorded while PJ Harvey was still the name of a band, not just her).

I love Wuh-WUH-WUH WAH-TUR-eh-ur!

---

Acquiring Discovery by Daft Punk because I feel out of the loop owning nothing by them. I've heard the album before, but everyone gives me dirty looks when they find out I'm punk-less.

Although a classmate offered me money for my entire iTunes library today, after saying she wanted to eat my iPod, it was so good. Which was really odd. I was like "That's..really illegal." (the paying me, not the eating.)

Edited by Paj!

Acquiring Discovery by Daft Punk because I feel out of the loop owning nothing by them. I've heard the album before, but everyone gives me dirty looks when they find out I'm punk-less.

Get Homework first. Then Discovery. Then get disappoint by Human After All, before listening to Alive 2007 and realising that Human After All is stunning and Daft Punk are geniuses who are meant to be seen in person.

Also, SHAME ON YOU!

daft-punk.jpg

Well I got Discovery first...I will get Homework though. I heard HAA isn't immediately stunning but I remember you saying ages ago to give it it's due.

And I lied, I did actually have Digital Love. But then that doesn't really count, everyone has that.

I'm planning on listening to Daft Punk soon, it's why I got Homework as I'm gonna work my way through them all as and when I acquire them. :)

.....o_O

It must be a vast street :p

But yay for them. My favourites are LP5 and Amber :)

It's more like a cave that you can get lost in! :grin:

I've only listened to their latest effort thus far but shall be moving onto their other stuff swiftly!

Thanks for the suggestions. Should keep me occupied for a while.

Scoured all my resources 4 U.

I HAVE Fire Snakes you insensitive bastard. And my favourite song I'll never love is July Flame by Laura Veirs.

EDIT: And No Cars Go too! Though I've never listened to it, so that's fine.

Ugh, the second worst thing happened to my music library as a result of having to do a format reinstall. Lost all my iTunes data - not the songs themselves, just the album/track info, date added, plays, ratings whatever. This sucks. I had my library for 5 years and had things like year playlists so I could listen to what I added in say 2008.

But frustratingly, the ID3 tags are incorrect. And after doing plenty of ID3 tag fixing previously I know I've lost hours of work. I need a program to do it for meeeeee.

But frustratingly, the ID3 tags are incorrect. And after doing plenty of ID3 tag fixing previously I know I've lost hours of work. I need a program to do it for meeeeee.

Windows Media Player?

Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etienne

Very different to what I usually listen to, but I rather liked it.

Edited by Cube

If it can automatically fill in the album names for me I'm all over it.

Oh, and it'd need to change the ID3 tags on the mp3 file, not just in the library.

Very different to what I usually listen to, but I rather liked it.

They're brilliant. :love: