NEurope

Grace and Leave Right Now are still his best songs by far though. Absolutely adore them both.

I always prefered All Time Love because its bleak (naturally).

The Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

149428.Dirty%20Projectors%20Coverart.jpg

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

(L)

Also: Most striking album art of the year? Ithinkso

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I'm liking Alicia Keys' new album The Element of Freedom.

it is BRILLIANT! Completely spontaneous download from my part, thought i'd try it out after hearing her voice on Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and it's totally blown my mind. She's brilliant and I've actually asked for her first album as a xmas gift :heh:

I always liked her singles, but she's never compelled me to get an album.

I liked her first album, I've listened to all of that a few times, due to it being the only CD my friend's mum had in her car (we went on holiday and she drove us around. This was about 8 years ago.)

Yeah, I love that track. I'll be checking out the rest of her stuff.

Yeah it's the best single Jay has released for a long time (maybe ever actually) and its probably the highlight of his album. What tracks you liking of elements of freedom? Favs atm would be Waiting To See You Smile and Doesn't Mean Anything. Hmm will probs go through it again tonight actually.

I'll tell you when I give it another listen. Every other track I listen to is Empire State of Mind. :heh:

I think I love TiK ToK by Ke$ha, despite me wanting to hate it.

Everytime I hear it (I don't own it, so it's only every so often), I'm orally fixated.

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

(L)

Also: Most striking album art of the year? Ithinkso

ac-merriweather-cover.jpg

It just doesn't stay still.

I agree with Oxigen. Never listened to Baroness, but that cover is gorgeous.

I'll tell you when I give it another listen. Every other track I listen to is Empire State of Mind. :heh:

Haha fair play son ;) It's got like 40 plays on my iTunes actually which is worrying because i only got it last week...

I really like Empire State of Mind, Jay Z and Alicia Keys.

Is that bad? I don't care. :heh:

Great minds ;)

I'm obsessed with Forever Young as well, I just can't get enough Jay Z apparently. I like the older versions too though.

I do like the full version of Empire State of Mind just on her own...reminds me of how stunning NY is, and how I feel I need to live there for 8 months at some point in my life, selling beads to make a living.

2s8h7qp.jpg

:D

Umm yeah on topic, I do enjoy the song. Mental reminders of NYC are always dandy.

Just listened to Justice's remix of As Above, So Below. Not bad.

Also found out that/remembered that Vampire Weekend, MGMT, Klaxons, Spoon, Motion City Soundtrack, Hot Chip, The Strokes, No Doubt and Daft Punk all have new albums out next year (and apparently Smashing Pumpkins are releasing a new track every few weeks until they release all 44 new ones). Should be good as personally there's not much from 2009.

(although I'm sure Klaxons have been promising this new album for about four years so we'll see)

Personally I don't give a flying fuck about Fresh Prince (really overexposed, even over a decade later) but this remix of the theme is quite awesome.

Edited by Ashley

Agnes - On & On

Cannot wait to hear this in a club. Release Me still gives me multiple orgasms when I hear it, and I'm loving this too.

Currently getting in the festive spirit thanks to;

51lHOuhOR5L._SS500_.jpg

Discovered the remix of "Its The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" last year and thanks to Spotify can listen to the rest :D

spotify:album:4C8j7SSBMZso8ZOjeB4eWb

Goddamn the Marshall Mathers LP. Just heard the, quite frankly terribly impotent Lil Wayne Track Pick The World Up, and Eminem just totally destroys it even though he's only in it for like 20 secs. So a five hour trip down memory lane later, and I can't stop listening to him. Awesome and a half, but too bad he fuckin sucks now.

My new favourite thing are pitch-changed vocals. Prince uses a lot, famously to becomes his "Camille" persona, a higher pitched version of himself, used brilliantly on If I Was Ur Gilrfriend, to realy make you wonder who's singing the song.

It's really chavvy in most cases (think Lonely by Akon), but I'm just such a fan. I've discovered Lady GaGa is way better all high-pitched. :D And fun finding out what singers would sound like if they were the opposite gender.