NEurope

Too good to be true that it's so bad.

My head just exploded at that logic :cry:

When I bought the album, I assumed it would be more stunning, because of the album cover. It's good, but it still reeks of generic acoustic male-fronted band.

Bon Iver is far more essential.

Well don't judge a book/album by it's cover :P

But from what I have heard, the album is fantastic. It's on my christmas list so I'll be able to join this debate in the near future o_O

Heard East 17's 'Stay Another Day' in a shop the other day and it reminded me how AWFUL a 'Christmas' (in the sense it was an xmas number 1 rather than Christmassy) song it is. Purely because of this line;

I touch your face while you are sleeping

Really.

How fucking creepy is that?

Just shudder at the thought.

Rant over.

Although...it's not even a big deal. The Rage thing was just an idea to give the X Factor a kick in the balls. It's not like you're told to buy the X Factor single or else, people just do cause it's the result of a million weeks of watching the biggest show in the UK.

And it's a statement against the X Factor single. Sure you can all be individual and buy a song you want to be no.1 (that isn't X Factor), but then there'd be no competition for X Factor, as the people who would (theoretically) buy Rage would have their "votes" spread over a million different songs, meaning shit all in the end. By uniting the mentality under one song, something can be done about the X Factor (or at least more than not "uniting").

Haha yeah I know that's very true. I just secretly want a big facbeook group, it's a lifetime ambition.

In other news, HEALTH

Yes? Yes.

^ Exactly the reason Abnormally Attracted and co. from the last few years feel so unrelated quality-wise to everything Pre-TBk.

The synths on Abnormally Attracted make me want to barf as much as I love some of them. They sound like they're from the Early learning Centre tape of karaeoke for children "TORI AMOS SONGZ", or something. They don't sound genuine.

Don't get me wrong I love the songs, the compositions and the concepts but I just feel let down by the mastering.

I heard this on the radio, and put on my Freakum Dress. I love, too much.

EDIT: See two posts down.

Edited by chairdriver

While I love Kate, it sounds like too many of her other meh/album tracks combined. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar on Never For Ever or Lionheart.

To be fair, that's an abridged TV appearance version (I couldn't find the full version at first). It does sound like most of The Kick Inside, but feels more stunning.

-----------

Junkyard Heart by Juliette Lewis is on my potential list for best song of 2009.

The last two or so minutes are just like an aural windstorm and I can't catch my breath.

2 lovelies I've enjoyed as of late.

Cover+Charlotte+Gainsbourg+IRM.jpg

(Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM)

robin-thicke-sex-therapy-1.jpg

^ Very reminiscent of both Prince and Marvin Gaye. In a less good way, but enjoyable,

Heard this on the radio at work today. It's now officially christmas in the Goafer household.

It always seems odd that people want to overthrow X Factor, but insist on doing so with such an "alternative" song. I reckon if everyone got behind such a glorious song as this, it would be a walkover. Although the end result wouldn't be as funny, obviously.

Edit: If this is the song that they decide to use for the latest cash cow on X Factor, I will do my utmost to torch Simon Cowells house down.

Hasn't it been confirmed it's Miley Cyrus (the song they're doing)?

And yeah, Fairytale of New York is the best Christmas song, probably because it's not really a christmas song in the first place. It's not a novelty.

--

Was it Cube that said he loved Fireflies by Owl City, but thought that Umbrella by Rihanna was the worst song ever?

*opinion is out the window*

Fireflies is so shit. And I'm quite forgiving.

The start of the last one does kinda look like Kurt has burst a hemorrhoid/giving birth to an 'Alien' baby out his arse.

Anyone know where I can download this The Blanks song from? Scrubs season 8.15 spoilers, for anyone who needs them.

I'm

stunned%20coach.jpg

You're Martin Jol? :wtf:

(That's the only bit of that post I get, to be quite fairly honest. Although I guess the third picture has something t' do with quicksand: I've seen that film.)

Anyway, on topic because I hate this thread:

The Beatles - Abbey Road wahey. Excellent album. This album makes me picture myself in a train in a station, with plasticine porters with looking-glass ties.

No, wait, that's Sgt. Pepper I'm thinking of... :blank:

The title Love Lies Here is ridiculously apt.

I'm in a glass temple, praying to a god, whilst harpies shoot me with their bothersome arrows.

The title Love Lies Here is ridiculously apt.

I'm in a glass temple, praying to a god, whilst harpies shoot me with their bothersome arrows.

super-smash-bros-brawl-20080411101655800_640w.jpg

With the release of Here Lies Love, robots finally have the right to children.

I get excited by the thought of St.Vincent/Florence/Sia, then I remember Tori Amos. Tori Fucking-Famously-Rarely-Does-Collaborations Amos. Then I remember she's doing 2 songs.

Then I remember how much I love Martha Wainwright, and how I loved how David Byrne did a song with Dirty Projectors.

Then I remember that Fatboy Slim is producing it, and by that point I'm so far into the quicksand, so wet, and so mindful that here lies love and more importantly that all is full of love.

I get excited by the thought of St.Vincent/Florence/Sia, then I remember Tori Amos. Tori Fucking-Famously-Rarely-Does-Collaborations Amos. Then I remember she's doing 2 songs.

Then I remember how much I love Martha Wainwright, and how I loved how David Byrne did a song with Dirty Projectors.

Then I remember that Fatboy Slim is producing it, and by that point I'm so far into the quicksand, so wet, and so mindful that here lies love and more importantly that all is full of love.

[spoiler="tracey-emin-pillow-1.jpg"][spoiler="ninetales.gif"][spoiler="vn15k2.jpg

I met the smiling face of love."]nellyfurtado.jpg

This is my love.