NEurope

Robert Palmer.

Yes.

Addicted to Love, Johnny and Mary etc.

Carry me out of the room, I've been incapacitated.

26 ;)

And Coldplay will be number 1, so it shows the whole thing is a bit shit really. And by thing, I mean world.

30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

30 Seconds To Mars - Night Of The Hunter

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

30 Seconds To Mars - This is War

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Much more like their first album. I love it. This Is War will be here in the next few hours...waiting for the goddamn postman to come -.-

Whaaaaaaat? They're a brilliant band. The singer oozes awesomeness, man.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps wait... they don't love you like I love you

The only song that I really 'know' by them but still great. :)

Midwinter Graces by Tori Amos is surprisingly good. Mostly because most of the songs aren't actually that Christmas-y.

Still hate her new voice though.

I'm happy that Bat For Lashes is number 25 of Last.fm's Best Of 2009.

Good worldwide exposure.

Quite the mix of utter shit and utter gold, that list. Quite like the graphs it gives you showing your lisnting / all users listening over the year, but then I am a sucker for such stats

Saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on monday night in Brixton. AWESOME set. Lots of good oldies. The encore was Acoustic Maps with everyone singing along, Art Star!! and a finish on a Date with the night. They also played Y control which is my favourite.

Was the 5th time I've seen them now and along with Bloc Party and the Maccabees they are one of the best live bands EVER. Karen O is immense.

If you guys loved fever to tell, you should pick up their EP's which are even more energetic and raw! prob pick them up for a couple quid now.

Also jealous. Contrary to what Gizmo said, I thought they were great at Reading. The sort of band that I should really listen to but haven't

Went to an absolutely mental gig last night. Best 7.50 I've spent all year.

Action Beat were fucking mad, 3 drummers, played on the floor rather than stage.

a.P.A.r.T Were batshit. Random percussion and clarinet solos combined with like... death metal. Crazy.

And Lightning Bolt were obviously amazing. Just a drummer and a basist, utterly amazing. They exploded both my brain and ear drums. Helped that they played on the floor and I was practically stood next to the bassist for the entire gig. Many of the crowd were up on stage /perched on speakers /tables to get a good look.

(Not leeds)

drew-10.jpg

Midwinter Graces by Tori Amos is surprisingly good. Mostly because most of the songs aren't actually that Christmas-y.

Still hate her new voice though.

Yeah, I actually prefer it to Abnormally Attracted To Sin (as a whole), just cause I hate how the emotion on that album sounds fake cause of the production. Like Strong Black Vine. It's brilliant live (I'm still reeling), but I hate on CD.

At least this sounds genuine.

And yeah, I wish her new voice wasn't deteriorating/annoying.

Their new album isn't as great as their past ones, imo. In fact, I don't think it's even in the same league. :(

That's such a great sound. There just doesn't seem to be the same kind of energy. Bring back that rawness!

The first is probably the best. But the new one is much much much better than the second one. And it packs a few very good punches, especially in Runaway, Skelletons, Dull Life and Hysteric. They're just completely different than Fever To Tell.

There's a hidden image behind the disc tray in the jewel case for Kid A by Radiohead.

Just discovered (probably common knowledge). I love easter eggs like that. :D

There's a hidden image behind the disc tray in the jewel case for Kid A by Radiohead.

Just discovered (probably common knowledge). I love easter eggs like that. :D

!!! that's just awesome :) I found a picture of the image in all its glory too...

Kid%20A%20Booklet%20Page%201.gif

Lightning Bolt were obviously amazing. Just a drummer and a basist, utterly amazing. They exploded both my brain and ear drums. Helped that they played on the floor and I was practically stood next to the bassist for the entire gig. Many of the crowd were up on stage /perched on speakers /tables to get a good look.

I saw them in Lisbon... they played in an underground parking complex. It was insanely good.

The first is probably the best. But the new one is much much much better than the second one. And it packs a few very good punches, especially in Runaway, Skelletons, Dull Life and Hysteric. They're just completely different than Fever To Tell.

Dull life is pretty good, but I don't see the appeal with Skeletons. I think you're also underestimating Show Your Bones a tad bit, too.

Mysteries is a great little choon, and that's definitely got that vintage YeahYeahYeahs vibe to it. The same with Turn Into, it's the Maps of the album, imo. But, comparing the albums (Show Your Bones and It's Blitz) song for song and then as a whole album, I much prefer Show Your Bones. True, neither are a patch on Fever to Tell, but there's some quality songs on Show Your Bones. I know you're not from the UK, so I'm not sure if you have "Deja Vu" on your album, but that song really packs some dynamite, and I probably enjoyed that one song more than the majority of It's Blitz.

There's just so many quality songs though. Cheated Hearts, Phenomena, the ones I have already mentioned (Mysteries, Turn into, Deja Vu) and I also bluddy love Honeybear, although it's quite different to a lot of their stuff.

I think I'm going to need some more time for It's Blitz to grow on me. At the moment, I'm just not a fan of it. :(

I get to about 3 songs in on It's Blitz and I lose interest in it. I find the homogenity (is that a word?) of the sound hard to keep focus on.

It's decent at the very least, but I never can be arsed to try and make sure that's true.

I get to about 3 songs in on It's Blitz and I lose interest in it. I find the homogenity (is that a word?) of the sound hard to keep focus on.

It's decent at the very least, but I never can be arsed to try and make sure that's true.

I definitely think it's worth listening to the whole album. But, I know what you mean. I'm just not feeling the sound of the album. :(

It saddens me, but I'm hoping one day it will just click. It's just so tame, and I really expected more from them. Where's the danger?! :(

But then again, I'd prefer an artist/band try different styles and prove they can handle them. Shows they're actually pretty fucking great. (and they can "handle" the style of It's Blitz! greatly, I just don't enjoy it that much)

Dull life is pretty good, but I don't see the appeal with Skeletons. I think you're also underestimating Show Your Bones a tad bit, too.

Mysteries is a great little choon, and that's definitely got that vintage YeahYeahYeahs vibe to it. The same with Turn Into, it's the Maps of the album, imo. But, comparing the albums (Show Your Bones and It's Blitz) song for song and then as a whole album, I much prefer Show Your Bones. True, neither are a patch on Fever to Tell, but there's some quality songs on Show Your Bones. I know you're not from the UK, so I'm not sure if you have "Deja Vu" on your album, but that song really packs some dynamite, and I probably enjoyed that one song more than the majority of It's Blitz.

There's just so many quality songs though. Cheated Hearts, Phenomena, the ones I have already mentioned (Mysteries, Turn into, Deja Vu) and I also bluddy love Honeybear, although it's quite different to a lot of their stuff.

I think I'm going to need some more time for It's Blitz to grow on me. At the moment, I'm just not a fan of it. :(

Show Your Bones is a good album, no doubt there... but it's clearly them trying to ride on the signature sound they created on Fever To Tell, minus the actual passion to pull it off completely. It is indeed filled with many a great tune, but it is my personal opinion that while on SYB they were trying to emulate Fever To Tell, on It's Blitz, they kind of grew into their new self, instead of clinging to what once made them good. Most of the album is quite easy to ignore, and while Dull Life may appeal more to you because it sounds like it could belong into any of the other two albums, it is my personal opinion that where It's Blitz truly shines is in only two tracks: Skeletons and Runaway. Skeletons I don't really need to explain why, and Runaway because it starts off pretty dull and evolves into what is, in my opinion, their magnum opus... the final minute or so, is a complete descent into post-rock territory, and if that's what they'll be aiming for in the future, I'm very glad, as they've created two very powerfull hybrids in those two songs. The true reason I preffer It's Blitz to Show Your Bones is that It's Blitz displays such a significant evolution in their musicianship, when SYB was pretty much a re-hashing of Fever To Tell.

Try and listen to Runaway a few times in a row and I think you'll see what I mean. It's not really that striking at first, but boy oh boy does it grow on you!!!

That being said, I can't really say that any of their albums is a bad recording, so we at least agree that they're not by any means terrible.

As I said above, try Runaway a few times and see if anything changes.

Pissed off to be missing both December ATP's but passing the time by listening to Lady Gaga's fantastic 'The Fame Monster'. The majority of the 8 new tracks are brilliant and assure me that i'm going to be making some batshit crazy noise when I get my equipment back.

"I DON'T WANNA BE FRIENDS!" is the best thing in clubs.

I loved tonight. Bad Romance was played, and everyone squirmed in anguish at that line, shouting and screaming it.

----

So good.

That Last FM list so far is a bit mixed isn't it? Still though, happy to see Fever Ray, the xx and Grizzly Bear in there.

Been listening to Bat For Lashes (Two Suns) recently and I have to say I'm finding it very disappointing. The only song I really like on there is Sleep Alone, most of the others just drag on and on. I suppose I only lost £3 but I knew I should have bought Battles' album instead.

^ Have you heard Fur & Gold, Bat For Lashes' first album? It's 10x better.

The production on Two Suns is about as vibrant as a carrier bag, thus spoiling the experience for me.

It's the last song I would have expected me to get into the Christmas Spirit, but Lumpy Dough has managed it. It's such a beautiful soundscape, the first time it clicked with me was whilst I was drifting off to sleep in the car whilst it was snowing, so that must be the seasonal connection.

Feeling lustful, so naturally listened to Lust and it was soothing.

Midwinter Graces is a nice surprise too.

That Last FM list so far is a bit mixed isn't it? Still though, happy to see Fever Ray, the xx and Grizzly Bear in there.

Been listening to Bat For Lashes (Two Suns) recently and I have to say I'm finding it very disappointing. The only song I really like on there is Sleep Alone, most of the others just drag on and on. I suppose I only lost £3 but I knew I should have bought Battles' album instead.

With all due respect for Bat For Lashes... you fucking chose her over Battles?!?!?!?!?!? NO! NOOOOO!

So I basically forgot whoThem Crooked Vultures are. When I remembered, I facepalmed and hit spotify instantly. Great album too.

It's the last song I would have expected me to get into the Christmas Spirit, but Lumpy Dough has managed it. It's such a beautiful soundscape, the first time it clicked with me was whilst I was drifting off to sleep in the car whilst it was snowing, so that must be the seasonal connection.

Feeling lustful, so naturally listened to Lust and it was soothing.

Midwinter Graces is a nice surprise too.

Personally when I feel lustful I listen to Louis XIV...but that's just me.

Forgot to mention before regarding Christmas music;

Sufjan Stevens - Sister Winter

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Not in your face christmas (isn't mentioned til the second half) but a nice little song :)

So I basically forgot whoThem Crooked Vultures are. When I remembered, I facepalmed and hit spotify instantly. Great album too.

Oh yeah. I've had spotify open on this album for about two hours and kept forgetting to listen. Time for that now!