NEurope

Currently revisiting one of the albums I remember being most eager for in 2007:

souxsie.jpg

Mantaray (2007)

:bouncy:I burst right out into a swan:bouncy:

(hoping this game is Pajair exclusive)

What game? Posting links to songs about swans?

More the "take one word, go through six degrees of separation and post the last result complete with a picture and various exclamations of the word "lovely"...game.

Currently loving Avril Lavigne - My World and Tori Amos - Cloud On My Tongue.

I'm completely in love with Scarlett's Walk. Most definitely my favourite of her albums that I've tried so far. I especially love Taxi Ride, A Sorta Fairytale, Carbon and Amber Waves.

Edited by Slaggis

It amazes me that Rhianna is so well liked (it would appear) considering all the songs she releases are utter crap.

Pon de Replay indeed.

It amazes me that Rhianna is so well liked (it would appear) considering all the songs she releases are utter crap.

Pon de Replay indeed.

Lies. A lot of her singles are great pop songs. Umbrella, Disturbia, S.O.S etc. Just fun shizz.

I hated her X Factor performance though. She couldn't really sing.

They're all really bad songs. They're catchy, but that's because its the same line sang several times.

I think they're very well-executed chart-aimed songs that succeed on every level they try to..succeed...in *trails off*.

But yeah. The production on the ones I mentioned is sharp, the songs are catchy yeah, vocals fine, etc etc. And they didn't sound dime-a-dozen at the time they were released.

I'm not calling them great art.

I think they're very well-executed chart-aimed songs that succeed on every level they try to..succeed...in *trails off*.

But yeah. The production on the ones I mentioned is sharp, the songs are catchy yeah, vocals fine, etc etc. And they didn't sound dime-a-dozen at the time they were released.

I'm not calling them great art.

I dunno. I think I just kind of forget what songs she has done and then when I remember/am reminded am greatly disappointed in her.

Umbrella by Rhianna is the single worst song in all existence.

Although was made better by McFly.

But something that is awesome;

(as it doesn't seem to be working for me...)

Shame they never released a full version :( I love Kristin Chenoweth. I wish you could bottle her essence up.

I'm sure it's terribly uncool, but I really, really love Hot Fuss by The Killers. Really solid start to finish, and I love how crunchy it is. Their msot recent one is really bad in comparison and Sam's Town is good, but different.

I'm lodged betwixt two trunks from Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine until On Top. After that I lever myself out, but it's still smoking.

Who gives a damn if it's ''uncool''!!! I love that album too, by the way.

Hot Fuss reminds me of Woolworths. Not a bad little album :) I like the song that says "Jack Bastard!" (well, "drive faster" but really, it says "jack bastard").

I also remember once coming down to start a shift before the store opened and the last song ("Everything Will Be Alright"?) was playing but nobody was around. Creepy.

The others probably has better singles (apart from Mr Brightside obviously) but Hot Fuss has more depth to it with the rest of the tracks.

The others probably has better singles (apart from Mr Brightside obviously) but Hot Fuss has more depth to it with the rest of the tracks.

Realy? I think the run of brilliant singles from Hot Fuss is unparalleled!

Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me, All These Things That I've Done, Smile Like You Mean It etc.

All of which are better than Human (for example). :hmm:

--

2 of the songs that conjure up a real feeling of times gone past that I heard for the first time in ages, recently, are I Write Sins.. by P! ATD and Unfaithful by Rihanna, both classics of my time of Bebo, about 4-5 years ago. Back when I didn't know how to upload my own stuff to the flashbox bit on my page. I get a real...memory-smell of that time. Strange. Technically the birth of my attempt at being an emo too. (I only got as far as MCR and black hair)

Edited by Paj!

Aaah, Mr Brightside. My original username on Cube-Europe. Those were the days. :grin:

Not really into The Killers anymore, but I had Hot Fuss for a while and it is a decent album. Haven't really liked their stuff since except for When You Were Young and Read My Mind. So yeah. Whoopee.

Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me, All These Things That I've Done, Smile Like You Mean It etc.

It's all about these singles for me, mainly because they remind of first year nights out to 5th Ave; the most grotty club with paintstipper vodka, no space to move and everyone getting off with each other. It was brilliant.

If I went now I'd probably/certainly hate it, heh.

Currently Crunkin the Goaferstereo:

:oFUCK! I haven't heard those songs in years! For bringing these ditties back up: I love you, man! :grin:

On A Rope, On A Rope, Got Me Hanging On A Rope, On A Rope, On A Rope...

Going through some albums I haven't given a proper try on my iTunes, and I came Across Gossip's Music For Men. Been listening to it for the majority of the hour now, and I'm definitely loving it so much more than their previous effort. Men In Love and Heavy Cross are my favourites, but I'm also liking Pop Goes The World, For Keeps and Love and Let love.

--

I don't care if it's not december the 1st, I'm listening to Christmas music now damn it. All I Want For Christmas Is You came on Spotify and I literally started jumping around the room whilst tidying it. It makes me feel unbelievably happy and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Also loving Tori's Christmas album.