NEurope

[spoiler="tracey-emin-pillow-1.jpg"][spoiler="ninetales.gif"][spoiler="vn15k2.jpg

I met the smiling face of love."]nellyfurtado.jpg

This is my love.

Haha, that was epic. One day I'll listen to Tori.

In other news, albums of the year - Antlers - Hospice. Thought Id throw that out there.

I thought it was good, and then I listened to the lyrics. Devastating, subtle, and utterly sublime.

Haha, that was epic. One day I'll listen to Tori.

In other news, albums of the year - Antlers - Hospice. Thought Id throw that out there.

I thought it was good, and then I listened to the lyrics. Devastating, subtle, and utterly sublime.

I like this alot.

----------------------

I love this video:

I've completely fallen for Ke$ha's trashyness.

And:

are horrendously catchy.

--

I keep finding myself playing "It's A Sorta Fairytale" to everyone, I refuse to allow someone to not love it. Though the discovery that my mum likes Tori, but had no idea I even had a clue who she was, was a lovely discovery. She already owned Scarlett's Walk which meant I didn't actually need to bother buying it. Annoying.

--

I love 3 Words more than ever. Craving to hear it in a club. Make Me Cry is also a favourite of mine, but other than that I've not really got anytime for the album.

I really love 3 Words (the song) by Cheryl Cole. I like how pulsey it is, and how sombre it all is. The video is great too. I've grown to like bits of the album more than I did, like Parachute. Happy Hour is great, an obvious single. I never listened to the last two tracks since my first listen, wasn't interested.

Patrick Wolf's new single Damaris is out!

Really love the B-sides "Queen Isabella (She-Wolf Of France)". Could be a title I'd make up.

----------

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7742-the-top-100-tracks-of-2009/10/

Yes, Stillness Is The Move.

Yes, Daniel.

Yes, Glass.

Yes, Actor Out Of Work.

Yes, Bad Romance (I love it being number 39)

--------------

dps.jpg

Ophelia_1851_52.jpg

thisiswar.jpg

Just purchased, only 3 tracks in so far, quite impressed. Night of the Hunter is an amazing song. I want to get tickets for their London show next February but I need to wait until friday to make sure it won't clash with football.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7742-the-top-100-tracks-of-2009/10/

Yes, Stillness Is The Move.

Yes, Daniel.

Yes, Glass.

Yes, Actor Out Of Work.

Yes, Bad Romance (I love it being number 39)

Yes, French Navy

Yes, the fact they mention the chorus of Song of Solomon by Kate Bush in the Glass review.

Yes, You Belong With Me

Yes, Knotty Pine

Yes, When I Grow Up

---

I might get 30 Seconds to Mars new album at some point...haven't listened to them in years, got into them when I thought I might be vaguey emo-istic, then realised I wasn't (I just liked My Chemical Romance).

I might get 30 Seconds to Mars new album at some point...haven't listened to them in years, got into them when I thought I might be vaguey emo-istic, then realised I wasn't (I just liked My Chemical Romance).

You and your chum always go on about clichés and all that guff then you come out with that. I thought you and your try hard to be diverse music taste would have been more open minded than that..

You and your chum always go on about clichés and all that guff then you come out with that. I thought you and your try hard to be diverse music taste would have been more open minded than that..

What are you on about?

Oh, fine. I didn't mean I listened to them because I wanted to be emo or whatever (or I'm labelling them...not sure what you're saying, but yeah). I got into them a few years ago during a period when I was into more music like that. Bad wording. :kiss:

Omg it's DAN-LIKES-TREES PICKS OF THE YEAR

Spotify Clicks

Please listen and tell me how wrong and flawed the list is.That is all.

--

In other news, Grizzly Bear. One day I'll understand the hype

Edited by dan-likes-trees

It's probably been asked on here before (almost certainly), but what is everyones 5 "desert island disks"?

Mine:

RATM - RATM

Daft Punk - Discovery

Head Automatica - Decadence

Audioslave - Out of Exile

LostProphets - Liberation Transmission/Start Something (either)

Hmm...at the moment in time...

Exile In Guyville - Liz Phair

Sign 'O' The Times - Prince

Live Through This - Hole

Boys For Pele - Tori Amos or YS - Joanna Newsom

Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea - PJ Harvey

*spotify playlist*

I like it. :) Good Stuff. ^__^

I'm working my way through some albums I hadn't got round to listening to yet this year and other stuff that's just come out with a few interludes in between. :D Culminating in revisiting some of my favourites from earlier on in the year (animal collective) to sort out my Top Albums of 2009.

What I've listened to today:

Chris Brown - Graffiti

chris-brown-graffiti-cover.jpg

Oh No - Ethopium

dr-no-s-ethiopium1.jpg

The Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

149428.Dirty%20Projectors%20Coverart.jpg

Girls - Album

TRU-010+Girls-Album.jpg

30 Seconds to Mars - This is War

this-is-war.jpg

Eary Miners - Early Day

Early-Day-Miners.jpg

David Bowie - The Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

15711951-15711954-slarge.jpg

Kylie Minogue - Live in New York

51%2B0WS4RPcL._SS500_.jpg

I forgot how much I enjoy listening to music. :grin:

Also started listening to Deadmau5 before I fell asleep at 11 and woke up at 12. :p

Tarot Sport by Fuck Buttons is looking like my album of the year. I don't own it but have heard it through multiple times and it is fantastic, so euphoric. Animal Collective don't quite do it for me, save for one song.

Tarot Sport by Fuck Buttons is looking like my album of the year. I don't own it but have heard it through multiple times and it is fantastic, so euphoric. Animal Collective don't quite do it for me, save for one song.

Agreed. I borrowed it off me dad (who has bizarrely good taste) and it's pretty brilliant.. Surf Solar is well up there in best tracks of this year.

One day I will understand the fuss with Animal Collective. For now I'll stick with being a fan of My Girls.

my Best of 09 playlist in case anyone missed it yesterpage

I don't really like that song (I tend to skip it on the new album), but I love the Louise Bourgeois-esque piano.

Cannot stop listening/singing this at the most inappropriate of occasions.

Absolutely love it. Not really bothered about the original.

Its just such a white cover. I love the awfulness of the lyrics. "I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke nigger". Reminds me of NYC actually as it was out around the time I went. I also hate how Fox censored out "nigger".

Finally got round to listening to The Smiths properly (very Christmassy I feel). I still loathe Morrisey with the burning passion of a thousand horny virgins but he has done some good stuff.

Why do I smile at people I'd rather kick in the eye?

I find myself asking that at times.

:D

The Smiths are amazing.

I was just browsing this thread and saw that quote.

Awesomo.

Morrissey is great but also completely lame at the same time.

I just avoid his interviews and block my ears when he talks between songs at concerts.

Yeah, that Glee cover is horrific. The original is stunning. Most of the music is Glee is so terrible (Quinn's songs, True Colours sung by the stammer girl) or overproduced to within an inch of it's life. I think Mercedes is the only decent one.

Listening to Will Young's Hits Collection and absolutely loving it. Forgotten how much I liked his stuff. He's one of those people that's constantly sold well (4th and most recent album sold 500,000 copies), but always goes by almost completely unnoticed. He's had so many great songs. Tracks like Leave Right Now, You & I, Grace, Changes, Fridays Child, Your Game, Let It Go etc.

Love his newest track too. Such a strange video though...featuring a pregnant Will.

Grace and Leave Right Now are still his best songs by far though. Absolutely adore them both.

Edited by Slaggis

I never minded Will Young, but I remember being SO sick of Leave Right Now. It was on the radio/music channels ALL THE TIME. I liked that upbeat one he did from the Keep On album. Can't remember what it's called.

Songs Of My Week