NEurope

Hot Fuss was ace. Though after a while I preferred Sam's Town. The Hot Fuss singles are horribly overplayed at clubs. The indie standards, alongside KOL and Dancefloor. I still love it when intoxicated though.

Shame Killers haven't done anything good since / are a bit shit live / ect

--

In other news,

What the fuck just happened?

Did Neil Young just do a cover of The Fresh Prince Theme Tune?

or, for a non-shit quality version,

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/neil_young_covers_the_fresh_prince_theme_102711.html

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I can't get that Ke$ha song out of my head... the very fact that the title is spelt without "C"s should be enough to deter me. Listening to the radio has changed me...

Does anyone know what the new 50 Cent song is supposed to be saying? It's on the Radio and it sounds like

"Peppa Pig ba baby ba ber ber ber"

All over again.

I think Rihanna's got some great little songs in her collection,

Personally I really like Take a Bow, and Disturbia, Shut up and Drive, Live your life(ft.) are pretty good too.

Party Ben always manages to do a few fun remixes with her songs aswell.

T.I. Rihanna vs. Vampire Weekend - "Live Your Life Punk"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

General Public vs. Rihanna - "Tender Umbrella"

Speaking of which here's a fun little Poker Face remix:

The Cars vs. Lady Gaga - "Just What I Poked"

Edited by Retro_Link

*Reads newest issue of Q, where celebs nominate their favourite album*

Juliette Lewis nominates Joan As Policewoman's To Survive.

*face explodes*

EDIT:

I love. I just said, aloud, "Fuck, I'm crying." Bat For Lashes nomiates Joanna Newsom's Milk Eyed Mender.

Edited by chairdriver

I love. I just said, aloud, "Fuck, I'm crying." Bat For Lashes nomiates Joanna Newsom's Milk Eyed Mender.

You question why not YS? But then I suppose it's more interesting nominating the worse of the two.

Sun-Anne was listening to my iPod in clas today (I let her, I'm so bored of music while working), and said "I've decided I don't like Joanna Newsom that much..." (she said she did after hearing a bit of Only Skin). I calmly directed her to YS, since she'd been listening to Milk-Eyed Mender, which I admitted I'm not a fan of completely anyway. She loved YS.

Because the same stuff is always in this thread.

I love Ave Maria, one of my favourite things to hear when I'm dragged to church at special occasions, thanks for posting!

Am weirdly loving this song atm. No idea why, I think it's shit but I just can't stop listening to it, lmao. And at 2:43, is that a Wii Nunchuk? lmao.

I love Ave Maria, one of my favourite things to hear when I'm dragged to church at special occasions, thanks for posting!

Your quite welcome. I thought it would make a nice change from the likes of Lady Gaga/Britney Spears/Rihanna/insertotherannoyingpopshithere. =P

This came on shuffle earlier today whilst I was working. So incredibly calming.

See I would like that song if it hadn't been used to sell fucking televisions.I can't listen to that song and not think of a Sony Bravia, thus ruining it.

See I would like that song if it hadn't been used to sell fucking televisions.I can't listen to that song and not think of a Sony Bravia, thus ruining it.

See, I can't agree with that. I think it fitted so well with the full length advert (Not the shitty cut down versions on television). It just added to the soothing aspect of the song for me. Obviously it was overplayed and whatnot, but it far from ruined it for me.

--

I'm trying to complete a playlist I've been slowly making, but can't think what else to add. I called it "Feel out the summer breeze", and so far have the likes of Tori, Regina Spektor, Sheryl Crow, Florence, Jose Gonzalez, Carla Bruni, Chairlift and Norah Jones. But, I need a few more. I'm constantly finding myself in the mood for relaxing, summery sounding songs but never seem to have enough to satisfy me. Any suggestions?

--

Just fallen entirely for A Fine Frenzy. I had to stop what I was doing and just sit there listening to Almost Lover.

Edited by Slaggis

The video itself fits quite well, but the Sony logo at the end just ruins it. I just think artists 'sell out' when they do stuff like that. With music in films I think it's alright as there is still some artistic vision for which they are trying to use the music for, though I do wish Thom Yorke hadn't done a song for New Moon. But when using music in adverts it's just unbelievably..... soulless.

I like Sony stuff as it happens but they ruined that song >_<.

And at 2:43, is that a Wii Nunchuk? lmao.

Haha yeah it is! Well spotted.

It's by far my favourite song by her, infact I've generally grown to like her more and more with each song release.

I think it's the fact I REALLY don't like Just Dance, gave me a bad first impression of her, when actually that song is quite a bit different to the rest of the stuff she's released. I thought Poker Face was alright, liked Paparazzi, and Bad Romance I'm liking it alot!

Wierdly I felt the exact same way about Katy Perry. HATED 'I kissed a girl', which isn't actually all that representative of the rest of her stuff (it was just the first release to be attention grabbing), Hot and Cold and the rest were better.

The original by The Knife is thousands upon thousands of times better, fyi.

Yeah, I kinda wish I didn't have the Jose Gonzalez version on my iTunes, because it ruins the stunningness of typing "Heartbeat" into the search bar.

Heartbeat - Annie

Heartbeats - The Knife

With Every Heartbeat - Robyn

All Scandinavian, all so great.

--------

I've had this song in my head for the past week. It's so good. The first line makes me feel so happy.

The video ruins the image I had in my head though.

^ Yeah, the song is ruined. But I too love that song. I imagined the strange figure on the cover sang all the songs, never saw what the band looked like before.

--

Just posted both MUSIC WARS 13 and MUSIC WARS 14. Muse! Florence and the Machine! Kate Bush! Gate! (who?)

Yeah, I kinda wish I didn't have the Jose Gonzalez version on my iTunes, because it ruins the stunningness of typing "Heartbeat" into the search bar.

Heartbeat - Annie

Heartbeats - The Knife

With Every Heartbeat - Robyn

All Scandinavian, all so great.

Jose Gonzales is Swedish though, unless you mean his version isn't good ;)

Right just got back from lectures and Blueprint 3 was waiting for me. Should be a good listen! Been a while since i've actually gone and listened to a rap album from beginning to end, mainly because I think it's pointless to just half listen and skim through an album, you have to be ready to have rhymes thrown at you and 'get' it. Here we go.

^ The only Radiohead album I don't have apart from Pablo Honey (which I don't want).

So yeah, very forgotten about.

oh, forum. Has an album ever been so criminally overlooked as Amnesiac?

It's a good album but it deserves to be side-lined because Pull/Pulk and the alternate take of Morning Bell were silly ideas.

If it helps you sleep at night hipsters generally tend to rate Amnesiac as the best radiohead album. (although that is due to its unpopularity :heh:)