NEurope

hm, well it's not start to finish balls to the wall headfuck amazement like Kid A but the best tracks (in the majority) are some of the best the band have ever produced. I just don't see why/ how so many fans just go 'pfft!' and ignore it. Mentalists. It's incredible.

The riff. The riff to I Might Be Wrong. FUCK YES!

The riff. The riff to Knives Out. FUCK YES!

The album. The album itself. FUCK YES!

I'm clearly a heathen. OK Computer is one of my favourite albums, but Kid A and Amnesiac I like not at all. Not one bit.

I'm clearly a heathen. OK Computer is one of my favourite albums, but Kid A and Amnesiac I like not at all. Not one bit.

Cabanel_Ophelia.jpg

I have a specific taste. It's not that I don't try other genres or styles (I own both Kid A and Amnesiac) I just don't like them when I do. So ... overall ... screw you guys.

Urr...badly discarded murder victim?

Ophelia! Just by a different painter.

Collapsing in shock, confused face, holding on for dear life etc.

I'm making a Christmas CD as a present for my friend Rachel, with the following tracklist:

Emily - Joanna Newsom

All Is Full Of Love - Bjork

Never Get Old - Sinead O'Connor

Angelene - PJ Harvey

The Wolves (Act I and II) - Bon Iver

You Don't Have To Be Afraid - Kaki King

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush

I'm scared its TOO concisely good. It beats the bush perhaps too hard.

Have a more upbeat one in between Emily and AIFOL. Something from Here's The Tender Coming by The Unthanks, since it's upbeat/jolly (you could choose a sad one too) but still residing in Narnia with Emily.

Have a more upbeat one in between Emily and AIFOL. Something from Here's The Tender Coming by The Unthanks, since it's upbeat/jolly (you could choose a sad one too) but still residing in Narnia with Emily.

I originally had Now Now by St. Vincent in there too, but I felt it sullied. I had Datura, but then I realised I hate the second half of the song (LOVELOVELOVE the first half). Cornflake Girl could work.

Ophelia! Just by a different painter.

Collapsing in shock, confused face, holding on for dear life etc.

That's not confused face, that's lifeless face.

Ergo. Bitch got killed.

Well, she killed herself by drowning, so one must come to the conclusion that she is in fact not dead at this point.

We can all come to the conclusion it's not as good as the official Ophelia (by Millais) in a variety of different ways.

That song is just bloody lovely. Really wouldn't mind seeing them live.

The song is marvellous. :heart: The video is odd, i like it.

Just fallen entirely for A Fine Frenzy. I had to stop what I was doing and just sit there listening to Almost Lover.

Congratulations. :D

A Fine Frenzy is one of my favourite singers ever and she still speaks to me on a level far greater than any other. I like the fact that One Cell In The Sea represents how I was in 2007 and Bomb In A Birdcage is how i am now. It's like she is following me. One Cell In The Sea is special to me. :)

hey monday!

owl city!

I like Owl City but my friend has done a cover of them and sounds creepily the same so that freaks me out. I was listening to the song Fireflies the other day though as I like that! :grin:

Congratulations. :D

A Fine Frenzy is one of my favourite singers ever and she still speaks to me on a level far greater than any other. I like the fact that One Cell In The Sea represents how I was in 2007 and Bomb In A Birdcage is how i am now. It's like she is following me. One Cell In The Sea is special to me. :)

I'm loving One Cell In The Sea far more than Bomb In A Birdcage, though that's not to say I don't like the latter. "Come In, Come Out", "Almost Lover", and "Near To You" are my favorites. I'm having a thing for female singer/songwriters lately, so she's perfect.

--

I've been giving Kate Voegle a listen over the past couple of days, and she's much better than I had expected. I'm wouldn't say I love, but there's a few songs that I'm slowly growing to. "Manhatten From The Sky", "Might Have Been" and "No Good" especially. She sounds like a mix between Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton. With the sudden obsession with female singer/songwriters, I've not been able to stop listening to Sara Barreilles "Love Song" and Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn", with the latter being one of my favourite ever songs. Oh, and Sheryl Crows Every Day Is A Winding Road? Amazing.

Edited by Slaggis

Oh, and Sheryl Crows Every Day Is A Winding Road? Amazing.

That entire album is really good. Maybe Angels (the opening track) is really really great.

Just put in some Van fucking Halen.

Jump was the last song I heard on the radio today before finishing work, put me in a good mood for going home.

I too love the self-titled Sheryl Crow album, and really can't be bothered with the more famous Tuesday Night Music Club.

---

Goldfrapp have announced their new album is dropping in March next year.

"an Italo-esque disco record that isn't really an Italo-esque disco record and is just in fact a Goldfrapp record, albeit one which sounds a bit like Van Halen vs Laura Branigan."

Edited by Paj!

I don't care how many times I've been told on here about it not being any good, I'm completely head over heals for Girl With One Eye. I'm loving the entirety of Lungs at the moment, but that along with Drumming Song, Howl, Rabbit Heart, I'm Not Calling You A Liar are continually screaming at me to be played over and over.

Amazing.

--

Oh, and I'm Anna Nalicks "Breathe (2am)". Such a gorgeous song.

I especially like the "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" lyric.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm not a fan of You've Got The Love that they keep playing on the radio. Her proper songs are much better.

Her proper songs may be much better but it's still a damn good cover.