NEurope

I've Slightly fallen in love with Lily Allen. I'm at the stage of being unable to stop listening to her! :p

It's so weird for me as I used to hate her when she first arrived on the music scene.

* positions himself into an awkward stance*

Little Alan is now an endearing term. :)

New York, New York by Moby and Debbie Harry is an unknown killer of a track, quickly add it!

(It's not the famous song of the same name btw)

(Single edit. Really jarring to hear cause they cut bits out of the album version I know)

You have to question where This Mess We're In by PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke is. The best duet. And the best song about New York.

And What New York Used To Be by The Kills, which isn't so essential, but still worth it.

Also, my favourite song: Streets Of New York by Cerys Matthews. I just love how it's quite interesting musically, and should be quite bad, but works.

Ta. Obviously the first didn't really crop up in my searches as its not clearly about NY. The Kills I should have come across. Will listen tomorrow and add (if I like :p).

I love. Beast Rest Forth Mouth is a play on East West North Mouth.

Actually my favourite album.

Listening to Paloma Faith and Jay Z/Alicia Keys put me in a New York mood so I decided to make a playlist and share with y'all. Mostly indieish rockish interjected with a fair bit of Jazz. Mostly songs about NYC, but also some songs about an unnamed city.

New York, New York

nyc.jpg

2jcj0d3.jpg

[noparse]spotify:user:ashleytwo:playlist:5zEq8vUT6vyb6YMpSPZRRx[/noparse]

Enjoy. Or not. Whichever ^_^

Needs NYC by Interpol.

edit: and The Only Living Boy In New York by Simon and Garfunkle.

Ever since seeing Avatar, I've been almost obsessed with the music and this song has been on replay and in my head alot. I love the video.

I love how daytrotter have an artist's impression of whoever they're profiling.

Yeah, same. And they're always quite bad pictures. As in the person doesn't actually look like that. But too lovely nontheless.

edit: and The Only Living Boy In New York by Simon and Garfunkle.

4th from bottom ;)

album-hello-rockview.jpg

I recently started listening to it again. It's shameful that I forgot about it's existance. Probably one of my favourite albums.

I've posted this three times before, but I keep coming back to this and watching it.

I'm in awe.

At her voice. At the darkness and sinisterness of the music. At the lyrics. At the raw emotion she puts in. At the microphone feedback, at the most appropriate point.

One of my favourite songs ever.

I do like that song, but I prefer the album version. Dunno why.

---

Rarely does a song move me like this;

Overuse of Falsetto does not emotion fake. ;).

It's hardly falsetto (considering the main bit I'm talking about is the very last lines "Why do you affect me!? Why do you affect me still? ... And I still can't walk without my crutches", which is sung really deep). She goes into falsetto for literally 3 seconds of the song.

The album version is better, but I prefer this version because the ending is more penetrating.

The irony is in the line about crutches.

I'm sorry. You have a fair point =p

Oh my. Just read in Q that a guy I knew/know from school, who is strangely gaining musical popularity is on the Q Tour or something, supporting... *checks* Miike Snow. He supported Paolo Nutini a while back. I was going to go see him (Alex) live a while back but couldn't be arsed/we were hardly good friends.

He never did anything musical at schol whatsoever, but good on him for getting a big deal with Xenomania or whoever it is.

I don't hate it, it inspires nothing though. I'll give the album a nosey though (if/when it comes out).

Actually feels quite stunning, considering my sister (and Natasha) went out with his brother, and I used to get the bus home with him all the time.

Oh my. Just read in Q that a guy I knew/know from school, who is strangely gaining musical popularity is on the Q Tour or something, supporting... *checks* Miike Snow. He supported Paolo Nutini a while back. I was going to go see him (Alex) live a while back but couldn't be arsed/we were hardly good friends.

He never did anything musical at schol whatsoever, but good on him for getting a big deal with Xenomania or whoever it is.

I don't hate it, it inspires nothing though. I'll give the album a nosey though (if/when it comes out).

That's awesome! Miike Snow are real good, you should try and wangle guestlist off him, merely for Miike Snow.

He seems fairlty average in anycase.

In other news, Delphic's debut leaked. It's alright.

You look like David Bowie

But you've nothing new to show me

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! :heart:

Got their album from a brilliant indie record store in Soho in NYC (which is now closed :(). Wonderful place and band.

I was very late onto the bandwagon, but recently I realised I really like Vampire Weekend. I love the noises of Africa.

I'm actually excited for their new one.

Absolutely in love with this, and her albums growing on me too.

--

Saw an interview with Daisy Dares You on Digital Spy, supposedly she's one of the "ones to watch" in 2010. The chorus is horrifyingly catchy.