NEurope

Generally too good for me. Too solid. The least immediately impressive of the Trion, but vastly more powerful than the other two when you know her truths.

I spent ages making a post on HCR that I would link here with their obvious Heroclix dials, but then it wasn't as great as I'd hoped.

I spent ages making a post on HCR that I would link here with their obvious Heroclix dials, but then it wasn't as great as I'd hoped.

Let me see!

It's too late.

Basically Tori Amos seems great, and is pretty good, but drops so easily once you get past her first few clicks. The obvious first of the trion you fight, and beat. A dolphin move symbol and is a duo (piano).

Bjork was better. Same no. of clicks, but far more tricks, and never a bad click. Lots of move and attack, incl. HSS on the end, and lots of attacks that can scatter/damage your whole team like EE and PW. Also shape change and SS make an appearance, making her harder to beat than she should be. She's also a giant.

Never finished PJ, but she was generally great. First click is HSS, willpower, and 4 damage. After that she gets Impervious and general ranged brick powers, before becoming agile again and general waste clicks. Interesting would have had support.

I don't want to like it, but there's something great about the cookie dough sickly sweetness of RHCP's post Blood Sugar Sex catalogue. Scar Tissue FTW/L.

Fuck it, It's rad.

Edit: Actually, no, most of it's guff.

Something so reminiscent of... awesomeness...in this shit:

Ah Bloody Beetroots...too bad it was all ruined by this:

steve_aoki.jpg
Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

I question why I've never heard before; two famousies, and really really good!

-------

I'm really loving Seven Swans by Sufjan Stevens. Far more like my taste than I expected.

Just given Adam Lamberts "For Your Entertainment" a listen. Absolutely love "Fever (You can tell it was written by GaGa. Sounds like the love child of her and the Scissor Sister's), "Whataya Want From Me", "Sleepwalker", "If I Had You", "For Your Entertainment" and "Broken Open". I like the mix of heavy electronic beats tinged with a campy guitar driven sound in places.

I I can't decide what he reminds me of. There's some GaGa, some Scissor Sisters, some Queen-ish moments...it's really odd.

Edited by Slaggis

Listening to Yeasayer alot atm. Quality new album it is. Bit dancy, rock grounded Brooklyn indie at it's best. They're really riffing on the world music influence again and generally tightening things up a bit from their looser first attempt.

and Ambling Alp is amazing.

My sentiments exactly. Ambling Alp has stunned me for months since they put it on their site. Need to warm to the whole new album, but it's all good stuff.

Must check that out tomorrow.

Wheres best to keep up to date with new CD releases? I always lose track of music releases.

Listening to Yeasayer alot atm. Quality new album it is. Bit dancy, rock grounded Brooklyn indie at it's best. They're really riffing on the world music influence again and generally tightening things up a bit from their looser first attempt.

and Ambling Alp is amazing.

Oi...I was just going to say! Yeasayer are great. So vibrant.

^ I was listening to that, and thinking "Wow, this is realy sonically interesting, better than I remember it, but I can see why it wasn't successful."

Then I realised I had two youtube windows of it up, with a tiny delay between them, so it had a stunning echo. :p

All Saints used to be so classy.

Listening to Engineers because they've done the new Big Love theme. I'm not sure how to describe them although weirdly last.fm has the following tags: shoegaze, indie, dream pop, indietronica, relaxing, ambient (and more). But they do have a chilled out/relaxing feel.

But here's the Big Love intro which features Engineers - Home, which annoyingly isn't on Spotify.

^ I was listening to that, and thinking "Wow, this is realy sonically interesting, better than I remember it, but I can see why it wasn't successful."

Then I realised I had two youtube windows of it up, with a tiny delay between them, so it had a stunning echo. :p

All Saints used to be so classy.

My favourite All Saints song, along with Pure Shores (and Never Ever). I hated "Rock Steady" as a lead single, it was just so damn boring. At least Chick Fit had some kind of impact when listening to it. Rock Steady might as well have been elevator music.

I was looking through Spotify and oddly remembered them having far more songs than they actually do.

Edit: Wait, classy? They had a song called "Bootie Call" and did a truly terrible version of Lady Marmalade. I see what you mean, but still.

Edited by Slaggis

I do like the idea of 'shoegaze' music. Might make it my thing.

You've got the hair for it, maybe. I think you could pull it off. It's a good style of music though, I love eet. :)

I used to play some Jesus and Mary Chain whilst getting ready for nights out. :D

Yeah, I love the mist covering shoegaze music. An impenetrable haze, like you're hearing it through a second hand source. Or something.

I really need to get that album ^, because everything I've heard from it is great.

------

I love their voices, and how the girl seems to have the ability to build up a wall of vocal sound from nothing at all. Songbird's sister-in-law.

That's my favourite Jean outfit. :D (Not in that horrible picture, but yeah. I love a lot of the 90's X-Men outfits. ) The pouches do seem needless though, since they can't be opened, and look more like padding. But when do you ever fall directly on your thigh?

That said, the Phoenix outfit is definitely a classic superhero costume. It even looks good in real life.

phoenix1.jpg

I love when Pitchfork agrees with me. Speechless stuns, Bad Romance is the best etc.

And the point about us not knowing anything about her is ridiculously spot-on. Most people don't even know her real name, which feels so stunning.

EDIT: Also, Joanna Newsom's new album, "Have One On Me" , is out on Feb 23.

Hold me down. My feet, they can't stop

DANCING.

JeanGrey.jpg

Aliens_ripley15.jpg

I'm crying.