NEurope

hmm i'm not really digging the new alphabeat song

It's not new. That's actually relatively old (Well, not old. But still.)

is their new single. Damn the stupid embedding thing. Bad choice in my mind. Heatwave or Always Up With You would have been perfect. Though, I swear that's not the single coming out in the UK. They're far from shite. They're a fun band that produce some lovely 80's inspired (and now 90's) pop songs.

--

Far better than anything that The Saturday's have come out with since the annoyingly brilliant "Up". I'm not saying it's at all brilliant, but I love it nonetheless. Edited by Slaggis

I just realised I absolutely love this song:

I'm dancing.

You know what that needs? Put a bangin' donk on it.

Today I listened to Funeral For a Friends entire discography.

All 2 albums and an EP! What do you mean 4 albums?

album-hello-rockview.jpg

I recently started listening to it again. It's shameful that I forgot about it's existance. Probably one of my favourite albums.

Bah I was struggling to put new tunes onto spotify, saw your post and remembered that I used to love listening to Less than Jake - The rest of my life.

well done my dear *thumbs up*:love:

Great little song. I think Platty is also a fan of the Suede. :)

Lovely band and good music.

Hiiiigh on diesal and gasoliiiine.

Psycho for drum machine

Shaking their bits

To the hittts.

So good. Just so good. I'm having this at my divorce ceremony.

I'm having a garden commissioned to these exact specifications, with a massive warning sign, with a bloody hand print on one side reading "Get out of my garden."

That opening riff begs to be learnt. Shame I'm back off to uni without guitar *cries*

In other news, albums are leaking allover the place, Yeasayer, Vampire Weekend (who I never really got) and Delphic. The latter of which are fucking brilliant and I can't stop hyping. First track is like 65daysofstatic on electronics and drugs. Pity the lead singer / vocals ect are wank.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'm having a garden commissioned to these exact specifications, with a massive warning sign, with a bloody hand print on one side reading "Get out of my garden."

For ages after I had the album and played the song loads, I never heard the "Get out my garden" line. I heard the bit it is, but assumed she was just like...wailing or something, lol. I read it in the lyrics and assumed it was some joke added into the booklet, until I finally heard it. :p

Do-You-Want-The-Truth-Or-Something-Beautiful.jpg

It arrived today. Pretty good on first impressions, although a little short. It will be getting a few more listens.

My favourite shite song:

"Are you uninhibited in bed? More than three times a week? Are you up for being experimental?"

I bought Animal Collective's Fall Be Kind EP on vinyl today. Giving it a listen through, it seems good. I already love What Would I Want? Sky :)

I bought Animal Collective's Fall Be Kind EP on vinyl today. Giving it a listen through, it seems good. I already love What Would I Want? Sky :)

Listening to that right now!

Really enjoy it too. Made me go back to the last album, which I always liked but found so hard to actually listen to.

Listening to that right now!

Really enjoy it too. Made me go back to the last album, which I always liked but found so hard to actually listen to.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My Girls and Summertime Clothes are the only songs from MPP I have really gotten used to. SO pleased I got the vinyl of the EP. Was going to buy the CD in HMV today but miraculously, they had the Vinyl and it came with a download token :) I wish more vinyls did.

Now giving Franz Ferdinand a listen through for the first time in years. It was the first LP I ever bought! What do people on here think of it?

Edited by ipaul

Paloma Faith still amuses me no end. Nutty as squirrel turds.

"Even by my standards, I feel like a twat". Amazing.

I'm listening to the album for the first time now. She's never inspired me to listen to it...didn't like the sound I heard in clips/bored of it, and her cover of Fairytale in New York with some guy from Scouting For Girls was less than intriguing.

But Chair and you have said she'd good, so I'll try.

I've been captivated by these two songs for a while now:

Apart from generally being amazing songs I've been grasping at a few lyrics which are helping with my current situation (girlfriend going away for 5 months).

I'm listening to the album for the first time now. She's never inspired me to listen to it...didn't like the sound I heard in clips/bored of it, and her cover of Fairytale in New York with some guy from Scouting For Girls was less than intriguing.

But Chair and you have said she'd good, so I'll try.

Good lord. I just listened to that. I wish I hadn't.

Jarvis Cocker on 6Music for the foreseeable remainder of this here Sunday afternoon, peeps.

Recent listenings for the past few weeks:

album-8281.jpg

Végétal - Émilie Simon

Love it, just what I was looking for with the added bonus of being in French. Lots of electronic chirping and sexy french chanting. She's great! Also if you like this, check out her earlier self titled album, which is not quite as good I reckon but still worth it. Dame de Lotus, Alicia and Rose Hybride de Thé being fantastic songs.

Also got O - Damien Rice. If it were variety of tea, it would be a deep yellow with subtle hints of a straw-like flavour. Synaesthesia ftw. Volcano makes me love music more and more each time I hear it.

Joke.

When will Robyn stop blowing us all? Who knew she wrote this song (made famous here by Beverly Knight)?

Christina Aguilera's BIONIC Producers

Linda Perry

Goldfrapp

Ladytron

Sia Furler

M.I.A.

Le Tigre

Santigold

Diplo & Switch (Major Lazer)

Focus

Dr. Luke

Tricky Stewart

They're producing for Christina Aguliera. :wtf:

That's the whole joke of her new album. I wouldn't be at all interested in it as I knew it was gonna be dancey/techno, and her last single in that style was awful, but the collaborators make me jizz. Ladytron have said their work with her is basically the ladytron sound with her singing, which could be awesome.

My view of PJ Harvey:

It feels like it's 5/6th of the way through an RPG game, and we suddenly realise PJ Harvey, who we assumed was on our side, is in fact behind everything the whole time. It's really obvious its her when you have all the evidence, and get reminded little bits from the story you didn't notice/remember. Everyone is so shocked, and the "sagey" character on your team announces in a dramatic and authoratative voice "It's too late; it's all lost. She's just too powerful. No doubt she's speeding toward the Wind Altar as we speak."

The auidence is rocked; they're weeping and shaking. Then suddenly, over the horizon appears a character that you'd kinda forgotten about from earlier on in the story, leading a herd of tamed Garudas. And you're like "Yes!"

General "endgame" sitaution where you get a chance to return everywhere and spend 30 hours doing sidequests and leveling up and finding all the ultimate weapons and Orichalum armour etc etc.

Then you run to fight PJ Harvey, and she's too great, and you die quite easily. But don't worry, it's part of the story that you lose that battle. She activates the secret power at the altar, unbenowingstly reawakening all the dormant spirits of the world, which make both her and your party far more powerful. You fight again, and all your spells do 43,521 damage. But then bear in mind she has so much, almost too much, HP.

Generally too good for me. Too solid. The least immediately impressive of the Trion, but vastly more powerful than the other two when you know her truths.

Her Overlimit attack, Fountain: