NEurope

I have been propelled into such a violent rage as could enable me to perform superhuman feats, like butcher a rhinocerous with my bare hands, after hearing that.

Of course, ostensibly, music exists to evoke emotion, and by that measure, this shit is pretty fucking "musical."

Started listening to slipknot again, I picked up their new album the day after it was released and didn't particularly give it a chance..hmm.

I quite like the song snuff, the video is quite interesting too!

Also, "Daisy Dares."

1. In as much as you need a point of reference for everything, here are mine: I sense a wholesale robbery of Dan Dare's name, and a mimicry of Regina Specter's accentual affectations, of course, where those two come off as charming, she comes off as a dumb bint.

2. Both of them are so fuggin caustically butt ugly that I can almost see the scorch marks on my corneas from attempting to watch the videos.

4. I'm sorry.

(there is a "3." but it's mean.)

Saw an interview with Daisy Dares You on Digital Spy, supposedly she's one of the "ones to watch" in 2010. The chorus is horrifyingly catchy.

She was on a list of "Upcoming!" in Q, but so was Ellie Goulding, I like her a lot more...

ALTHOUGH

I just discovered not all her stuff is like that, it's electro-y...I thought this acoustic verison was the actual one (didn't say it wasn't on iTunes)..the actual one I just heard is really bad. (ly produced by Frankmusik)

But I love the video version I posted in any case.

Also, "Daisy Dares."

1. In as much as you need a point of reference for everything, here are mine: I sense a wholesale robbery of Dan Dare's name, and a mimicry of Regina Specter's accentual affectations, of course, where those two come off as charming, she comes off as a dumb bint.

2. Both of them are so fuggin caustically butt ugly that I can almost see the scorch marks on my corneas from attempting to watch the videos.

4. I'm sorry.

(there is a "3." but it's mean.)

Firstly, yeah she's a thieving scoudrel.

Secondly; she's abysmally, mind-warpingly shit on a celestial scale. Sound of 2010 my left nut.

My recent listenings I love;

The-Doors-LA-Woman-333667.jpg

and

the_cure-seventeen_seconds.jpg

Loved that Doors album for a while, only stuff of their I own/have heard, but it's good. Just listened to The Cure for the first time today. :)

Started listening to slipknot again, I picked up their new album the day after it was released and didn't particularly give it a chance..hmm.

I quite like the song snuff, the video is quite interesting too!

It's a half decent album, favourite song on All Hope is Gone would probably be Wherein Lies Continue.

Nothing beats Eyeless, or in fact the self titled album.

Don't think it's something I could sit and listen to. Nice to have on though.

Naww. Absolutely love this. I can't stop smiling to myself everytime I listen to it. I want summer to be here already damn it. I love the "But what am I gonna say, when you make me feel this way. I just...Mmm :)" bit.

--

Edited by Slaggis

It's a half decent album, favourite song on All Hope is Gone would probably be Wherein Lies Continue.

Nothing beats Eyeless, or in fact the self titled album.

Wherein is a pretty decent tune, I have the habit of turning it up extremely loudly in my car when a dance tuney can be heard nearby..

Theres the remix of vermillion 2 on there also (at least on spotify) which is pretty awesome, bit different for slipknot, but interesting none the less to listen too.

My favourite. I played this at work, and everyone was like "This song's great. I've only ever heard Don't Speak.", and I was like "That's because you only ever listen to shit radio". Didn't actually say that explicitly, but implied it with a veil.

I love towards the end, where it all slows down, and she comes back for more. Gwen Stefani used to have it all, until she released Sweet Escape, and had children.

Spotify still doesn't make a profit.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/spotify-makes-a-loss

I predicted (in that awesome prediction thread that got closed) that Spotfiy would either be bought out or collapse this year.

Either that or they'll drastically change the service.

But then, that's not much of a prediction...

Spotify still doesn't make a profit.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/spotify-makes-a-loss

I predicted (in that awesome prediction thread that got closed) that Spotfiy would either be bought out or collapse this year.

Either that or they'll drastically change the service.

But then, that's not much of a prediction...

I reckon we send a petition to the government saying that corporate music shouldn't be allowed, and everything should be free, and on sites like Spotify.

And anyone who disagrees should be forced to fight Simon Cowell to the death, with the winner keeping his money.

--------

So good. Just so good. I'm having this at my divorce ceremony.

-----

The best thing! Florence and Patrick Wolf team up to be good. But you question where the most stunning Eliza Carthy is, and what she has to say about this dirty imposter (Florence).

-----------

This song, and Bon Iver's music in general, has augmented my experience of winter so much! This track is so jarring to listen, and so stunning. Reminds me of feeling emotionally desolate in a desolate, bleak location.

I cannot recommend Bon Iver enough. Too great. He put every emotion I feel during winter into the form of music.

Awesome sauce. Getting to see Baroness in a week and a half, its gonna be unholy.

Gwen Stefani used to have it all, until she released Sweet Escape, and had children.

Although it did result in the line "I know you've been waiting but I've been off making babies" which I loved :p

Although it did result in the line "I know you've been waiting but I've been off making babies" which I loved :p

If Sweet Escape had better production overall it would be passable. There's just too many songs that either leave you with nothing or actively take away from your enjoyment of life. Like Breakin Up, and Orange County Girl (Which I enjoyed live).

Wolf Like Me by TV On The Radio is killer. Gorgeous to hear.

----------

Loose.jpg

^ My favourite album that I've never actually listened to before now, but know all the songs too well. I love the extended version of Maneater.

Understandable; they're a shite band.

I actually liked some of their earlier stuff but I've come to the sudden realisation that they are indeed shit churning out identikit songs