NEurope

I was amazed to discover they're actually from the 70s. I always thought the originated in the 80s but apparently not. The only annoying thing about them is that sometimes their sounds remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog games. Bah :P

Heard that a while ago. It's alright, the singer's voice is on the cusp of really off-putting in most cases, for me. I never listen to their last album anymore, and only really like a few from The Warning (My favourite being And I Was A Boy From School by far).

The Warning is pretty fantasic, I was similarly less than thrilled by Made in the Dark. The Warning (song) is their best imoimo.

They're great performers, too. As an aside...

Good to hear, I just realised I bought a ticket to see them next month at some point. Shewd be gewd.

In other news, Dan's song of the week

Lovely, just lovely.

I like Kraftwerk. It's kinda background-y, but they're definitely innovators/whatever the word is/inspirational to electronic music in the last however many year.

I was amazed to discover they're actually from the 70s. I always thought the originated in the 80s but apparently not. The only annoying thing about them is that sometimes their sounds remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog games. Bah :P

Amazing band.

I heard recently that they built their own instruments because the sounds they wanted to make simply didn't exist yet.

Punk futurists. Incredible, really.

I think I'm going to go ahead and declare this my favourite song ever. I just have not stopped listening to it for about 7 months straight now. Love the fact it's based on Kraftwerk's music as well.

requiem1.jpg

Since a friend of mine borrowed and never returned my DVD of the film, the soundtrack is all I have to comfort me these days.

I think I'm going to go ahead and declare this my favourite song ever. I just have not stopped listening to it for about 7 months straight now. Love the fact it's based on Kraftwerk's music as well.

Quite partial to Movement, All My Friends and New York i Love You myself. New album out this year!! Madness.

Dan-likes-trees extra: Nouvelle Vague - probably the sexiest band ever. Ever. Killer cover here.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

^ I used to skip the last two on the album, that included, but it's grown. I just hated that it replaced Arrow and Don't Rush on their setlist live.

I've fallen head over heals for Speechless all of a sudden. That tone she has to her voice is almost hypnotising. I can't turn it off once it's come on, I literally have to stop whatever I'm doing and give it my full attention.

That's grown on me, I used to hate how..in your face it was, but the lyrics are good, and she sings it well. My favourite is Monster.

--

In other news, Roisin Murphy (who I know has a few fans here) is slowly releasing little singles instead of an album cause she's pregnant, apparently. Orally Fixated came out a while ago (and has grown on me), and her new one, Momma's Place, is pretty awesome. It's clear she's bringing back the sound of the 90's. (as opposed to the 80's as is popular atm).

If you’re listening, slightly victorious and smug BBC Sport people, here are some pointers for your F1 coverage:

1. Do NOT hire James Allen.

2. Bring back The Chain as the theme tune. This is what the people want from F1. Not flashy graphics, not seamless punditry, just turning on the telly of a Sunday afternoon to hear ‘bumm bu-bu-bumm bu-bu-bububu-bummm…’ and then that ace bit where it gets all exciting and the guitar goes ‘nangnangnangnangnangnangah!’ NB: This MUST coincide with a shot of an F1 car bottoming out and sparks coming off the bottom. It’s THE LAW.

3. Do NOT hire James Allen.

Special.

That's grown on me, I used to hate how..in your face it was, but the lyrics are good, and she sings it well. My favourite is Monster.

I've been listening to the album so much over the past few hours. Everytime Dance In The Dark comes on, I keep waiting and waiting for it develop into something more than it actually is. It just sounds almost...incomplete? I'm making no sense. But there's something about it that just feels unfinished. It's really bugging me.

I felt like that when I first heard the leak. I think it's the intro. So...silly and needless. It just doesn't sound as cool as she hopes. I do think it's one of the best on the album. It's not perfect, but things like So Happy I Could Die sound more unfinished to me (but I still like it).

The video for Feel It In My Bones:

I actually really like this song. I have for a while, but it's grown more on me. I kinda hope it's a hit, it'd be nice to see Tegan and Sara get more recognition. It has the makings to be successful.

I actually really like this song. I have for a while, but it's grown more on me. I kinda hope it's a hit, it'd be nice to see Tegan and Sara get more recognition. It has the makings to be successful.

Yeah nah it's nice that they're quite small and cult. The kind of band where on the very rare occasion you meet someone who knows of them they tend to adore them and you're instantly BFFs.

Feel it in my Bones is surprisingly good, one of the only Tiesto things I've ever liked.

Continuing with my '80s phase.

I always thought the version that appeared on Donnie Darko was the original and wasn't interested, and hadn't heard this one before. I find it fantastic.

Caught up on some Duran Duran as well. My dad quite liked them when I was little so it's nice to have a reminder of simpler times :)

EDIT:

...and I forgot this. Cheese, pure cheese. But a good kind, like a fine bree or something.

Edited by Razz

Feel it in my Bones is surprisingly good, one of the only Tiesto things I've ever liked.

I assume Sara wrote it, considering the lyrics are so T&S, in the same school as Relief Next To Me, Arrow and Like O, Like H.

As far as I'm aware, both share writing credit, along with Tiesto himself. Though realistically...you can tell he was just like "Yeah, write lyrics for this beat I made kthxbai see you on the video set".

Does anyone know if this is a bizarre coincidence or intentional?

Passion Pit - Smile Upon Me

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Does anyone know if this is a bizarre coincidence or intentional?

Passion Pit - Smile Upon Me

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Has to be intentional, both about friendship (at least to a degree) innit.

Yeah, I know it gets tired only where are your friends tonight?

/

Oh yeah you're the best damn friend that I'll ever have

Good spot in any case.. my friend keeps banging on about how much better Chunk of Change is to Manners, I should listen.

In other news - speaking of LCD Soundsystem - touring! Tickets on sale Friday. I must have. I need.

In other other news - new Four Tet album streaming on DiS - utterly brilliant

Edited by dan-likes-trees