NEurope

I do. :)

___

Im really liking the new Gorillaz stuff. :D I forgot I actually like them. One of the first bands I ever properly listened to. :grin:

Any chance of sending an invite my way please? PM me if you need my email address.

It theoretically should be impossible to live up to Beyonce's greatness, but Solange manages.

I really don't see why Beyonce is seen as so great. Yeah, she's above average but that's about it (in my opinion). Nothing I can get particularly excited about.

I really don't see why Beyonce is seen as so great. Yeah, she's above average but that's about it (in my opinion). Nothing I can get particularly excited about.

She's just so invulnerable. She's done no wrong, and done so much right. And always looks stunning whilst doing it.

One of the few artists still producing music that I'd call a Superstar in a bona fide fashion. And one of the few pop artists that has any sort of artistic credibility.

Lest we forget:

Not even near to being one of her best, but I love anyway.

Lest we forget.

I love the passion, that made me laugh! :)

EDIT: That sounds sarcastic, but it wasn't meant to be.

Edited by Razz

She's just so invulnerable. She's done no wrong, and done so much right. And always looks stunning whilst doing it.

One of the few artists still producing music that I'd call a Superstar in a bona fide fashion. And one of the few pop artists that has any sort of artistic credibility.

Lest we forget:

Not even near to being one of her best, but I love anyway.

She's done no wrong and all right in your opinion though, you're not really arguing here :hehL. To me Work It Out is wrong and a very irritating song. (plus she did name an album after a French vagina cleaning device)

I admit, and admire, she isn't by-the-numbers but to me nor is she anything to ooze over quite as much as you seem to.

Each their own though, I ooze over stuff you don't like. But its just been bugging me for a while, trying to understand why you seem to all of a sudden love her so damn much (perhaps your love has existed for a while, but the last few weeks you speak of her as the second coming).

To be fair, her albums up until her last one were patchy, or at least, the album tracks were nondescript and kinda uninteresting. I did like Signs off the first album, an ode to the Zodiac. :p

I'm also rather immune to Crazy In Love. I like it/enjoy it for what it is, but I don't see it as overly amazing.

To be fair, her albums up until her last one were patchy, or at least, the album tracks were nondescript and kinda uninteresting. I did like Signs off the first album, an ode to the Zodiac. :p

I'm also rather immune to Crazy In Love. I like it/enjoy it for what it is, but I don't see it as overly amazing.

But it's the greatest song of the decade!!

According to NME anyway

The source of my current affections - Stereogum x team9 - Mysplice 4

Doors vs Bat for Lashes

Everything I want and more.

^ Riders On The Storm seems to be good for mash-ups, on Blondie's Greatest Hits, they included a mash-up of that and their song Rapture. I think it works better than the Bat For Lashes one tbh, but yeah.

--

Janet Jackson is brilliant background music. She has some stompers too (which while few and far between -intentionally- are generally good), but her voice is really soothing. I like this song, the beat is very like kinda dancy songs that in my head I call "directional", like they're constantly going foward. Or something. I just like how her voice is so quiet, and how she's not quite singing properly. Like it might hurt.

Videos kinda cool too. Though she does look a bit like her late brother these days. :hmm:

Apparently this is Christina Aguilera's new material. A massive departure, which is great:

It reminds me of the visuals they were using in the video for Rocket.

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently the video used in that Rocket video is Christina Aguilera's as well.

Edited by Razz

Interesting. Although presumably that's just part of it. For once would be interested in hearing more.

(damn it now I have Candy Man in my head. You bastard Razz :p)

Oh yes Hot Chip, I knew there was something I was going to listen to today. Ta :)

Apparently this is Christina Aguilera's new material. A massive departure, which is great:

It reminds me of the visuals they were using in the video for Rocket.

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently the video used in that Rocket video is Christina Aguilera's as well.

As far as I'm aware, that was part of one of those intentional leak things, from some company or website or something that suggested it could be a variety of things, including Christina, Goldfrapp or The Knife.

Came out a while ago (unless this is a new bit...don't think so). I really doubt it is hers (it'd be nice/great if it was though, but I have a feeling she'll be aiming for commercial success after a good 4-5 years out of the spotlight), unless it's been confirmed?

Christina debuted a new song at that Hope For Haiti thing, but obviously a sad one. Sounded fine.

Edited by Paj!

So Simon Cowell's putting together a charity single for Haiti, with Take That, Robbie, Kylie, Leona, JLS, James Blunt, Cheryl Cole, Joe McElderry etc... taking part.

But it's a cover of REM's Everybody Hurts... why such a downbeat song? As much as you may like the song, it doesn't make good sense as a fund raiser! Surely you could raise far more money with a song that all ages would want to listen too, like they do for Comic Relief etc...

Because if it was upbeat people would complain that it wasn't respectful or whatever.

Everybody Hurts being slow isn't what makes it a strange choice, more that it seems a bit patronizing? Or maybe that's just my reading into the lyrics too much (in respect to Haiti).

Ok well not upbeat, but it doesn't have to be such a depressing song, one that the majority of people would skip past on their itunes the vast majority of the time!... therefore are unlikely to want to buy it!... or want to buy a 2nd version of it!

And yeah, lyrically it seems a wierd choice to me as well.

I hate how people seem to have an aversion to depressing stuff.

To be depressing, a song has to affect your emotions, which by definition, is the signpost of great music.

-------

Coincidently, I was listening and loving this whilst making that post:

Just too great.

Definitively in my binder of songs where the background vocals make the song so much better.

I hope we don't see a Facebook campaign to get the original REM song to number one as well...

So no more Fever Ray stuff?

One doesn't nulify the other. But it's either The Knife or Fever Ray, I mean, if you watch all the clips, it's obvious. Especially this one:

Well whoever it's for, I'm very excited. I especially love the one I posted at top, makes my ears smile. I thought they were independent artists though, Fever Ray/The Knife. These videos look quite costly.