NEurope

I donno, musically, Lady Gaga is an indiduous manipulative whore preying on the masses who've never experienced a perfect cadence before...but damnit, she does it with fire. It does get boring after a while, but I would rather put up with that than most of the other trash you see on the charts these days.

I donno, musically, Lady Gaga is an indiduous manipulative whore preying on the masses who've never experienced a perfect cadence before...but damnit, she does it with fire. It does get boring after a while, but I would rather put up with that than most of the other trash you see on the charts these days.

I love her more for the fact that she has jokes with her music.

Stunningly singing Poker Face to a different tune in the Grammy Performance. The Paparazzi video. That 20 foot tall piano she played on for that Speechless performance. Generally wearing joke clothes because she might as well.

Obvs you get the same but more with Bjork and stuff, but at least I can like Lady Gaga with my musically shite friends and not be alienated.

I agree with this a lot. I'm under no illusions that she's more than just a clever girl who knows what chords get the juices flowing. She does generic pop, but at the same time she does it very well. There's certainly worse things the general populace could be going head over tits for.

EDIT: I should probably also add the fact that I'm a sucker for a good hook.

Havn't posted in here for a while either. Since when-ever my last post was, i've got into more bands have have gone off rap/hip-hop music (that may come as a shock to some of you). So i thought i'd post some of my favourite tunes from some of my favourite artists.

Just a selection of some of my favourite songs at the moment.

I agree with this a lot. I'm under no illusions that she's more than just a clever girl who knows what chords get the juices flowing. She does generic pop, but at the same time she does it very well. There's certainly worse things the general populace could be going head over tits for.

EDIT: I should probably also add the fact that I'm a sucker for a good hook.

Lady Gaga look nice at the Grammy Awards.

ladygaga0131107.jpg

I'm all for subjectivity and all, but Dante, no, she looks like a whore. An incredibly wealthy whore, but a whore nonetheless.

She looks nicer than usual there, to be fair. Though I would want to know if those tubes lit up at night.

Lady Gaga look nice at the Grammy Awards.

ladygaga0131107.jpg

That's nice and all for you, but I didn't comment on her appearance.

Lady gaga gets a thumbs up for me, I find it interesting the way she dresses and tbf she looks pretty good in the picture, I'd like to see her wear something she might actually be comfortable in mind..

I get to review Joanna Newsom's Have One On Me for the Oxford University Newspaper! And possibly a week before it comes out (although maybe not, because Drag City is too overprotective of Joanna Newsom, since she's their main bread-winner).

I get to review Joanna Newsom's Have One On Me for the Oxford University Newspaper! And possibly a week before it comes out (although maybe not, because Drag City is too overprotective of Joanna Newsom, since she's their main bread-winner).

(Y) Writing for student newspapers ftw

Current love: Rediscovery of Art Brut

DC comics and chocolate milkshake

Some things will always be great

Even though I'm 28

I guess I'm just developing late

I never got over that amazing taste

I'm in love with a girl in my comic shop

She's a girl who likes comics;

She probably gets that a lot

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Diana Vickers - Once

I love. So excited for her album, especially considering who she's been working with on it. :)

Edited by Slaggis

but at least I can like Lady Gaga with my musically shite friends and not be alienated.

How delightful arrogant/pretentious :p

I'm all for subjectivity and all, but Dante, no, she looks like a whore. An incredibly wealthy whore, but a whore nonetheless.

Her face does look like some kind of Winehouse/Love mixup.

Her face does look like some kind of Winehouse/Love mixup.

It is the reason to why she dyed her hair blonde.

It is the reason to why she dyed her hair blonde.

Are you being facetious...?

It's true though.

I put some music on, and they're like "What is this?", "This is crap, put on some Mika!" (someone actually said that when I put on some Lykke Li), and "Why do you listen to this music, it's so boring?"

Actually makes me feel bad for enjoying music properly.

Music is pattern recognition. Just because their auditory cortices are too feeble to decipher the pattern, doesn't mean you should suffer them being heinous philistines, or be apologetic for having a more developed brain :heh:. People who don't understand music are, well, shite.

I'm not so sure. One could argue you could understand music, but prefer 'shite'. We are, afterall, creatures of choice and often pick the most unusual. Plus if we take a postmodern slant, there is no such thing as "good" and "bad" music.

Except Steps. They were just plain fucking awful.

I love how in my current group of supposed-arty friends, one half always leave the room so the cheesy half can dance to shit songs, then we all congregate once more when someone puts on All Saints, each of us trading nods and glances of mutual respect for the former girlband. It'd be social suicide to deny All Saints their greatness around here. :heh:

Yeah, but this is me, so we're not taking a postmodern stance, we're taking a dogmatic one :heh:

Besides, psychological adaptation (why when something becomes predictable, it becomes boring), is all to do with the activity of dopamine neurons. If your dopamine neurons are firing esctatically at the most banal and predictable of things, it means that if society is dictated on your terms:

1. You are an evolutionary menace, and in the age when we were all wielding sticks and worshipping the sun, you would have been eaten by an ostrich.

2. We would be stuck in an infantile state laughing every time our sphinchtoooors carried out their duties.

I'm joking. Predictability is fun from time to time, hell, its why we all drink; to reverse the psychological event of adaptation and make the most banal of things interesting again.

Yeah, but this is me, so we're not taking a postmodern stance, we're taking a dogmatic one :heh:

But this is my house.

0000053219_20081110111433.jpg

(Paj knows the reference, even if nobody else does :heh:, so everyone else can just admire pretty lady)

But honestly the "each to their own" is how I look at music. My mother loves crappy boybands and while I cringe whenever she listens to them who I am to judge her and try and take away her right/happiness to like that crap?