NEurope

Or any other B-52's song. This post is just to point out that I'm flayed by them.

Oxigen Waste doesn't believe in subjectiveness ;)

I do when it's not obvious. :heh: And actually in this case it isn't obvious. But I just preffer LP5.

- - - -

I'm completely divided by Yeasayer's new album. Half of it is brilliant. And then the other half's just terribly uninteresting.

Or any other B-52's song. This post is just to point out that I'm flayed by them.

This reminds me of me and my sister doing Karaoke. Good times.

I do when it's not obvious. :heh: And actually in this case it isn't obvious. But I just preffer LP5.

- - - -

I'm completely divided by Yeasayer's new album. Half of it is brilliant. And then the other half's just terribly uninteresting.

I love Ambling Alp, so much. I also love O.N.E. I need to listen to the album more cause I can't remember how the rest go. I liked it overall though.

Much as I don't like how much it's discussed, the last 3 tracks on Homogenic really are the shit. I'm not sure if I can think of a better final 3 tracks of an album.

In other news, having listened to One Life Stand pretty extensively over the past few weeks, I think it is probably Hot Chip's best album. It's certainly the most focused and cohesive effort they have produced, yet still has some stand out tracks like One Life Stand, Take It In and Keep Quiet. The centrepiece, Slush, hasn't quite gelled with me yet. Strikes me as the kind of album where any track could be a favourite.

Much as I don't like how much it's discussed, the last 3 tracks on Homogenic really are the shit. I'm not sure if I can think of a better final 3 tracks of an album.

My head is forced into a pool of freezing cold water every time I listen to that album.

Mainly, as you said, by the final three. Alarm Call stuns. Pluto gives you permission to die. All Is Of Full Of Love.

Hunter is the best though. I jutter in my boots every time I listen.

-----

The best song:

Just too great.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

In other news, having listened to One Life Stand pretty extensively over the past few weeks, I think it is probably Hot Chip's best album. It's certainly the most focused and cohesive effort they have produced, yet still has some stand out tracks like One Life Stand, Take It In and Keep Quiet. The centrepiece, Slush, hasn't quite gelled with me yet. Strikes me as the kind of album where any track could be a favourite.

Probably their best album, yes, but it' missing one of THOSE songs. You know, like Boy From School or so, it doesn't have a powerhouse track.

- Dunno if people have heard the news but one of the 4 major record companies are withdrawing from streaming services. The beginning of the end for Spotify?

'Record label Warner Music has said it will stop licensing its songs to free music streaming services.'

They're not pulling out of Europe.

Just not keen on being involved with the planned American launch.

Superb album! I'm obsessed with One Life Stand (song), it's on an infinity loop around my head.

Superb album! I'm obsessed with One Life Stand (song), it's on an infinity loop around my head.

That one and I Feel Better, especially since they're one after the other.

HHHHHHOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE AAAAAARRRRRRREEEE BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKK

sort of

Whoever recomended Digifucker a while ago (I suspect Pajchair may have been involved) Then thank you. It is bliss.

And digifuckher?

And did you stick things up her?

And did she love it?

Probably chair/razz/me. :)

---

Official Remix of Telephone by Passion Pit, for the upcoming single release. Lovely.

Merging several musical worlds together I never connected before.

Don't know if this has been posted:

Gorillaz - Stylo

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Can't wait for the release of Plastic Beach. :)

That one and I Feel Better, especially since they're one after the other.

Yeaah, I Feel Better is full of win. As is Alley Cats. Cracking album - and I'm seeing them on tuesday ^^

Loving this song right now though I think they could have done more with the video. It seems a touch generic compared to most of their previous efforts - some lovely shots of the city though from the balcony.

Looking forward to their new album next month.

IMMA GO SEE

l_14f9ebb69657f8371c32434d6fc4b5d7.jpg

TWICE! On 23rd and 27th of March.

SO FUCKING HAPPY.

Been waiting four years to see them (well, 3 years to see The Format and one to see fun. but four years in total to see Nate Ruess anyway.)

COME ON! [Eileen]

Edited by Ashley

I'm a fan of Alley Cats and Brothers, myself.

Great album though. It's bloody brilliant, it is.

I quite like Brothers (lolrony) and Hand Me Down Your Love, just for that odd noise thing, same with Slush but for the "hominahomina"ness. And also Thieves... and One Life Stand.

RATM Free Gig Registration

You can get a maximum of 2 tickets per person. If I get lucky, I'll take someone from here. I'll figure out a way to decide who if I get them. Although it's worth noting that you can only take someone else if they are registered as well.

Edit: My registration has gone through. Most excellent.

Forgot the deadline was midnight, but I just registered and it's been confirmed. The only thing that concerns me is that it's a lottery, does this mean that on top of server issues with loads of people trying to get tickets on Wednesday morning, it'll be pot luck whether or not we actually get tickets?

@cerysmatthews Just want to know which song off Never Said Goodbye is your favourite? I really really love that album!

@Chairdriver i like blue light alarm. you?

@cerysmatthews Streets Of New York is my favourite - I love the drumbeat' date=' and the combination of your vocals and the background vocals.[/quote']

Win.

Win.

It feels stunning as an album, because it feels like they said "How can we make every song better? Well for one, we can make have Oxygen have a massively unexpected climax, and a section where it goes all weird and out of sync. Then we can make What Kind Of Man start really abruptly."

Feels really contrived, but stuns at the same time.

-----

Yes. Lykke Li, you're great.

I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever evereverevereverevereverevereverever

gunna

unglue

my

lips

from

being

together.

HI I'M KATE NASH. :grin:

New Song. :heart:

My Songs of the Day:

Nerina Pallot - When Did I become such a bitch?

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sunn o))) - Big Church

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Jem - They

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Coup - My Favourite Mutiny

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Albums I've been listening to: