NEurope

Yeah, this is also true. Perspectivism is where its at; humans are at heart subjective beings. You enjoy what you like, just don't rag on someone because they like something you don't understand =p. (Not you specifically Ash)

Yeah, this is also true. Perspectivism is where its at; humans are at heart subjective beings. You enjoy what you like, just don't rag on someone because they like something you don't understand =p. (Not you specifically Ash)

Good because I'm not ragging :p

In fact, I don't think I ever want to rag anyone ever. It sounds unpleasantly filthy.

Judging people is fun though, tbf :wink:

Especially NDubz fans. ReZ, I'm looking at you.

But what I'm saying is that some of people in my group of friends (not necessarily people I'd call my friends, just people I hang out with) think I'm weird for liking "weird" music.

I sat through the whole of Muse The Resistance, which my friend put on, bearing it well, then someone complained when I put on Midnight Boom by The Kills. Not even a weird band. Because they hadn't heard it before and wanted to hear something they knew.

It was kinda like "Well, how are you ever going to broaden your horizons?"

And The Kills are pretty accessible, and actually good. And then we ended up putting on Lungs, which I actually really like, but I've heard far too much. And then someone skipped through I'm Not Calling You A Liar and Howl to get to Kiss With A Fist, which I found so offensive.

Well that's not music, that's a audiovisual embodiment of the deterioration of society.

To be fair, judging people on Ndubz fandom has less to do with their appreciation of music (actually, no, it usually has everything to do with this), and more to do with the socio-ideologies inherent in the music.

You know they're fucking chavs. If you're a chav, you'll approve of their incessant need to play it through their Nokia 3310's grainy speakers at the back of the bus. If you're me, you'll wish you'd brought your miniature napalm cannon with you.

Hence! Perspectivism =p.

Well that's not music, that's a audiovisual embodiment of the deterioration of society.

Lolololol.

But what I'm saying is that some of people in my group of friends (not necessarily people I'd call my friends, just people I hang out with) think I'm weird for liking "weird" music.

I sat through the whole of Muse The Resistance, which my friend put on, bearing it well, then someone complained when I put on Midnight Boom by The Kills. Not even a weird band. Because they hadn't heard it before and wanted to hear something they knew.

It was kinda like "Well, how are you ever going to broaden your horizons?"

And The Kills are pretty accessible, and actually good. And then we ended up putting on Lungs, which I actually really like, but I've heard far too much. And then someone skipped through I'm Not Calling You A Liar and Howl to get to Kiss With A Fist, which I found so offensive.

Well, they're accessible to you, because you recognise what the band are doing from elsewhere, because you might have heard the same sort of musical syntax before, being interested in music yourself.

Anyone who prescribes a character to you because of the music you listen to is projecting: it's only because they see the music they listen to as a reflection of their whole identity package. A generalisation, I know, but holds true tbfh. Hell, I used to do it a bunch.

I think the best thing to do is not listen to music with those fools. People have a way of rationalising away their own inadequacies.

To be fair, judging people on Ndubz fandom has less to do with their appreciation of music (actually, no, it usually has everything to do with this), and more to do with the socio-ideologies inherent in the music.

You know they're fucking chavs. If you're a chav, you'll approve of their incessant need to play it through their Nokia 3310's grainy speakers at the back of the bus. If you're me, you'll wish you'd brought your miniature napalm cannon with you.

Hence! Perspectivism =p.

Lol, I know. I was winking with the judging. And my preference would be a gattling gun.

I know you were =p.

Nah, gatling gun = immediate death + easy identification of bodies + ballistics report that would just lead back to the gatling gun you clearly requisitioned from your honeymoon on tattoine.

Napalm cannon wins =p.

Lets be honest, flaws are more interesting than perfections :P

I enjoyed the nod to Leia :)

So that's why you're friends with ReZ.

Anyway, in music related beings. Addicted to this song:

(not the best quality though)

Its probably in part due to Big Love's opening but it just gives me a sense of displacement, drowning, confusion. But in a good way...if that's possible.

I've had Diana Vickers 'Once' on repeat ever since I heard it last night. I am in love. Easily my favourite song of 2010 so far...not that saying that is really any kind of achievement considering it's only February. But still.

I was listening to Bjork again earlier, Vespertine to be precise... Pagan Poetry still stuns me. :heart:

^ My favourite live Bjork video. ")

Edited by Paj!

Paj, your vid isn't working!

I was listening to Bjork again earlier, Vespertine to be precise... Pagan Poetry still stuns me. :heart:

That's one of my favourite live performances ever, of anyone.

Actually exceptionally good.

I also love this:

We know they're a 500 point team, but no one can work out how the points are divided.

I'd like to check out more Danger at some point. And Kings of Convenience. And I'm sure another "you" band Daft. I'll pillage your Spotify playlist when I have a chance (is 'We Used To Be Friends' a recent addition? :p). Oh and The XX. WHITEST BOY ALIVE! That was the other band. [ramble/note to self]

This was featured on this week's Chuck and I quite like it:

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - 40 Day Dream

Reminds me of...something. I can't put my ear on it though. Arcade Fire!! That's it.

They also have a song called 'Home' which is a bit country (and a little bit too into black guys), but quite catchy.

Edited by Ashley

Danger - 14h30

So in love.

What I really love about Danger is he keeps getting better and better.

I like all the Danger stuff posted here/that I've heard. Never enough to obsess over, but it's good. I loved the appropriateness of that Terminator scene with the music. It added.

---

New Sia album in April

Sia_Tour_poster.jpg

I've the chorus to this stuck in my head for about a month or so.

Edited by Paj!

What I really love about Danger is he keeps getting better and better.

I'm not sure I'd completely agree with that. I think he's definitely developing as time goes by but there's a different quality to each of his EPs. I still think his first EP 09/14 2007 is the best, 19h11 is bliss, but then I've been surprised as each EP comes out.

I'm not sure I'd completely agree with that. I think he's definitely developing as time goes by but there's a different quality to each of his EPs. I still think his first EP 09/14 2007 is the best, 19h11 is bliss, but then I've been surprised as each EP comes out.

My favourite piece of his is still his remix of SymbolOne's Lovejuice.

I love how irrelevant but essential this song is. Been stuck in my head for the past 2 days, but I couldn't remember any of the words properly, so I was just randomly saying "Suede" at appropriate moments, to inappropriate people.

When you listen to To Venus and Back for 50+ plus times over 3 years, and eventually learn to sift, you realise it's the only essential track on the album. The only one that would survive a nuclear attack on all non-essential songs.

Not saying there aren't other stunners, but it's the one.

So I've just been listening to Danger on Youtube for the past... I dunno, half an hour or so.

Amazingly amazing.

Thank you Daft for putting that up!

Puts me in the mood for a bit of Raoul Sinier.