N-Europe

As I've always said, even I don't like all of Milk-Eyed Mender. YS is lovely, it's not scratchy like MEM, but still very much an acquired taste. :) I will just take a day off to lie on the floor listening to this upcoming almost 3-hour album.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Frak.

Joanna Newsom's new album details summary

- It's called "Have One On Me"

large.jpg?1264473665

(Official cover. Such a statement, considering YS)

- It's out on the 23rd of Feb

- It's a triple album.

I'm stunned...

stunned.jpg

not once...

istockphoto_8733499-young-kid-is-stunned-by-his-new-computer-game.jpg

not twice...

tarka-stunned.jpg

but thrice...

Has anyone heard Four Tet's new album? I'm downloading as we speak.

Funny you should say that, I'm just uploading it as we speak :D It's so good! Bought it on CD today, although they didn't have Fuck Buttons which was what I had really wanted.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned, but I wondered if anyone else has been listening to IRM by Charlotte Gainsbourg? It's her new album, produced by Beck (he features in a few songs vocally too), and is just really good/nice.

^ New single/video

129886-kraven-s-last-hunt_400-740966.jpg

(I have this comic <3)

Erm, I'm probably late to the party, and might be mocked of its apparent "indyish gone mainstream" status but I like;

Also this amuses me reasonably but not a huge amount.

I find their voices much more harmonious and complimentary of each others than the previous iterations of the band.

*Vanishes from thread, whence he dares to tread*

Edited by ReZourceman

Because they used to be successful but have a little bit an "edge" to them. Mutya Buena's voice was kinda interesting, and their production wasn't complete bubblegum pop. Songs like Freak Like Me (sampling Gary Numan), Overload etc are definitely out of the ordinary pop songs.

Now they just sound like every other girl band around with the current popular sound. You can just hear that none of the original members are left.

*muffled mumblings*

Anyway.

This song is stuck in my head, from upcoming concept album about Imelda Marcos by David Byrne (and Fatboy Slim) and about 50 different famous female vocalists. This one has Florence + The Machine in it.