unglue

my

lips

from

being

together.

HI I'M KATE NASH. :grin:

New Song. :heart:

My hipster friend was slagging her off for going all Karen O. Which is a fair point... jury's still out for me on this.

I loved this song when I first heard it, as their skills are just insane...

But your name is 'Lostprophetpunk', therefore you're legally not allowed to listen to good music I'm afraid.

I always meant to listen to Nerina Pallot's albums, I loved Everybody's Going To War years back. But she looks disturbingly like my step-cousin (?)'s maddened son on that album cover above.

----

Let's just take time out from the world and do this:

antichrist13rvt2_329707gm-e.jpg

While listening to this:

Possibly the most essential thing I've ever posted in this thread.

Edited by Paj!

I quite like Nerina Pallot. Same as Paj, I liked Everybody's Going to War but I also loved Sophia and Learning to Breathe. Not heard much of the newest album but Real Late Starter was a decent first single.

I realised since I've started getting more money, I've bought less music, as though my vital funds would be depleted. So I need to just BUY more, since there's so much out/coming out soon. Currently in my Amazon basket is Joanna, Marina and Ellie's upcomings (so pre-orders) and Vampire Weekends new one which I never bothered to get, scared of spending 7 pounds.

I also realised I've only got one gig lined up this year, which terrifies me, didn't see much in the latter half of last year. Thing is, my arty friends are so much more disparate than my schooly friends, so there's no telling who will come and what else they're doing with their lives. I could just buy 3 tickets to Ellie Goulding and then see who else wants to go. If no one just sell them or something. Going by myself, feeling blue.

The Beatles - The Magical Myster Tour

magical_mystery_tour1.jpg

like my favourite album, ever. :heart:

Been listening to that myself as well. Works surprisingly well as an album considering it was never intended to be one. My favourite song is still Hello Goodbye :D

This is the guy from our year at school that seems to be gaining a lot of hype at the moment (I think he's supporting Paloma Faith). Kinda weird, because he was never a singer at school.

Pretty good, but I'm not crying.

This is the guy from our year at school that seems to be gaining a lot of hype at the moment (I think he's supporting Paloma Faith). Kinda weird, because he was never a singer at school.

Pretty good, but I'm not crying.

Yeah, he's better than I expected (which was...nothing) but apart from being a good conversation piece (I chatted to my hairdresser about Paolo Nutini's album that was playing, then leading into the fact Alex supported him last year etc), I foresee me having nothing to do with his music.

But she looks disturbingly like my step-cousin (?)'s maddened son on that album cover above.

Reminds me of Frank the bunny.

I have been introduced to Venetian Snares

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Can anyone think of 3 'nice' instrumental songs I can use for this wedding photo DVD (although I may not as technically its using them for profit but...will see if I can find some royalty free that is decent tomorrow). Thinking Air so will listen to their catalogue tomorrow but open to other suggestions.

Can anyone think of 3 'nice' instrumental songs I can use for this wedding photo DVD (although I may not as technically its using them for profit but...will see if I can find some royalty free that is decent tomorrow). Thinking Air so will listen to their catalogue tomorrow but open to other suggestions.

Any Explosions in The Sky song.

Check some stuff from Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Also, NIN's Ghosts I-IV is a collection of 36 instrumental tracks released under the Creative Commons license....but they're suppose to be non-profit.

Try - Four Tet - Hands

Black Heroes - Ratatat

Untitled 3 - Sigur Ros

And probably more. Come back to me.

For some reason I'm always surprised by how good the lyrics to Celebrity Skin by Hole are.

I always remember it for the guitar riff, and forget the lyrics tell me so many things.

Auf def Maur and Love were soooo tasty, and then there's the wierd looking bassist.

I saw Auf der Maur when she was playing with the Pumpkins, and she was very nice looking in real life - the vids and pics don't do her justice.

[/fapping]

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Whilst doing some research for a music video project at college, I came across this video...by an amazing band. I just love her voice.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will check them out :)

New Steel Train song :D

I wasn't aware they were touring with Tegan and Sara...or if I was I had forgotten. In celebration here's 'Kill Monsters in the Rain', one of my favourite song titles ever.

Auf def Maur and Love were soooo tasty, and then there's the wierd looking bassist.

I saw Auf der Maur when she was playing with the Pumpkins, and she was very nice looking in real life - the vids and pics don't do her justice.

[/fapping]

How old is she now? I saw her most recent video/single and she looked pretty good. (Auf der Maur I mean)

I just love her voice.

Why? It's whiney and American. Sounds like the female analogue of the generic male emo voice.

-----

Santigold blows me on every level.

You Me At Six - Underdog

Catchy tune, nothing special but I like it.

Papa Roach - Carry Me

lol, Papa Roach. Though I do think the lyrics are kind of powerful. Apologies for the turd home made video, tried to find one with semi-decent sound quality.

funny-pictures-kitten-plant-innocen-face.jpg

You should check out Steel Train anyway. Jack who is in fun. is also in Steel Train. Very similar to The Format. (Plus Jack used to date Scarlett Johansen, but it seems every famous man has...)

I gave Celebrity Skin by Hole a good few listens through and I'm pleasantly surprised. I may actually buy it.