NEurope

Yes.

For those mathematicians:

Bruce Springsteen iff Tegan and Sara iff awesomeness.

And the same is true of The Unmentionables, TBH/F.

To quote her very self, "I cry again." everytime I hear Angelene by PJ Harvey.

Your comparing Tegan and Sara to Bruce Springsteen?

Does not compute.

Your comparing Tegan and Sara to Bruce Springsteen?

Does not compute.

No, I'm saying that Bruce and Tegan and Sara are best friends.

No, I'm saying that Bruce and Tegan and Sara are best friends.

Are they? (I honestly don't/didn't know)

Seems like an odd combination.

Well not best friends, but you know what I mean. Tegan and Sara became musicians because of Bruce Springsteen.

Talking of Tegan and Sara:

I really hate the start of that song, but towards the end, when Tegan is crying wolf, I'm so ready.

------

And I'm still held under by this one:

Feels like it could be a Lykke Li song.

One of my favourite songs off a great album by a band that is far too harshly criticized.

Are they? (I honestly don't/didn't know)

Seems like an odd combination.

T&S have always seemed to be genuinely lovable. I can't imagine many people disliking them.

so Vampire Weekend's latest impresses. It's basically trying to be Graceland but not to it's detriment because the songwriting is really rather excellent. It's playful, intricate and well produced. Interesting stuff.

Went to see 30 Seconds to Mars at Wembley Arena last night, they were awesome. Though I left buying the tickets too late and had to put up with seated which just don't cut it for me. The band put on one hell of a decent show though, so top marks to them.

so Vampire Weekend's latest impresses. It's basically trying to be Graceland but not to it's detriment because the songwriting is really rather excellent. It's playful, intricate and well produced. Interesting stuff.

I've not heard much of their stuff, but I find myself a bit divided over them. I actually quite like 'Cousins' and find the video in particular very interesting. But 'A-Punk' is extremely irritating and I hate the main riff in it. Perhaps that's just because of it's ubiquity.

Someone should really sue Joanna Newsom... how are other musicians supposed to impress us now?

"Have a lawsuit on me, I'm diplomatically immune."

----

Just so you know, I'm being held underwater till I drown and am eventually resuscitated by this performance:

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

"Have a lawsuit on me, I'm diplomatically immune."

----

Just so you know, I'm being held underwater till I drown and am eventually resuscitated by this performance:

No. Just no.

Someone should really sue Joanna Newsom... how are other musicians supposed to impress us now?

lying-in-the-grass-margie-wildblood.jpg

How I feel about Joanna Newsom's new album, despite only hearing the previewed songs so far, itching for Monday to roll by.

I'm just like this everyday I hear news of J-New's Have One On Me, and I still haven't heard the album in full yet:

tori_amos2.jpg

Amazon, bring it close to my lips.

I'm currently listening to Sgt Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band at the mo. Cracking stuff.

Also just listened to "Komm, Gib Dir Meine Hand" und "Sie Liebt Dich" - ("I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You" sung in German.)

Also *Points to signature* Everybody knows the song those lyrics are from. :)

I'm currently listening to Sgt Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band at the mo. Cracking stuff.

Also just listened to "Komm, Gib Dir Meine Hand" und "Sie Liebt Dich" - ("I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You" sung in German.)

Also *Points to signature* Everybody knows the song those lyrics are from. :)

Sgt Peppers is just bloody lovely from start to finish. That said, I prefer Magical Mystery Tour.

I hate, and I mean utterly detest, people comparing the overrated pile of shit that are Oasis to The Beatles, as if they are on some sort of level playing field.

A lot of bands are influenced by The Beatles, it's just that it's much more obvious with Oasis. :blank:

Oasis remind me of that one time I vomited profusely in the street because I had a reaction to BBQ flavoured Pringles.

The most over-rated band ever. At least Muse are actually technically good musicians, and aren't glorified chavs.